Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 43 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #1051 kandi, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  2. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
  3. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    You are like a one-man cheer-leader - trying to convince everyone that its a great looking car (when its clearly not) without let-up.

Are you "Ferrari-marketing" trying to inference all on FerrariChat? - as its looking more and more like this with every post that you write!

4. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I think someone has already posted those pictures before you did :p. But people quite liked it.

Nicolas21 likes this.
  5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Rear visibility is going to be as bad or worse than the Aventador SVJ. The rear camera must be state of the art for parallel parking and there must be blind spot monitoring to allow for lane changing/merging into traffic.

6. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Is your name Flavio Manzoni?!

7. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Oops :confused::confused::confused:
    I don't come often here and I don't read every message, sorry if my photoshop is the same than other :confused::confused:, sorry :(

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1058 Shadowfax, Jun 3, 2019
    I'm sure the attendees all received large portions of brand conditioning along with assurances Ferrari are the best in the business - totally understandable. And I'm sure Ferrari put a lot of effort in. The car does look very bespoke and beautifully finished even though the design regrettably lends some very serious question along with the very lardy weight.

However, from my personal experience Ferrari's track record isn't great even in a car with way less electronics than this one. So, on that score alone I will let time and the first wave of owners be the ultimate judge and I wish the best of luck with that (let the horse be with you).

To whether the car is simpler than the Laf - well the design certainly doesn't support that nor does the lardy weight and awd drive train etc. In comparison the Laf is by far the more attractive package and for very obvious reasons. It has the distinguishing Ferrari trademark styling unfettered by any other car brand, along with having the V12 atmo engine, RWD and lighter weight. The list goes on.... And the Laf will hold value better along with long term desirability that's one thing I'd bet on.

DRYHOLE likes this.
  9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    My comment wasn’t referring to purely aesthetic decisions such as tail light shape, which is of course subjective. As someone else mentioned, Ferrari designers and management took that calculated decision seriously and understood it wouldn’t please everyone.

Rather, that designers are faced with more functional and legal constraints than ever and that the final shape is compromised by more than what is sometimes obvious to the public. A behind the scenes look at the development of the SF90 would make a great documentary.... especially for the competition!

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Didn't you notice the comments regarding the F8 when the idea was first floated that there would be an "M" version? Endless moaning as to how could Ferrari trot out yet another model on the same tired old 458 platform. Did they take their clients for fools? Who would buy such a 'more of the same' car when the 488 replacement was just around the corner.
    The 488 replacement was the chance for Mr Manzoni's talents to shine with something new and exciting or so the story went. Well the 488 replacement got shelved while there were even questions regarding whether the latest arrival would be powered by a V6 or a V8. This ruse was further fueled by Ferrari announcing to some journalist that they would be introducing a new V6 model very soon. Instead Ferrari went all out with a V8 hybrid with a new body design placed on a new mid-engine platform. NEW is the operative word here with nothing really familiar for the faithful. These clients got what they asked for; a new Ferrari model that doesn't really trade on past successes. Round tail lights would have been going backwards for a brand new model. The Stradale is very much a forward looking Ferrari. While the F8 celebrates the comfortable past with yes round tail lights along with a familiar Italia type look creating a different yet familiar level of design comfort.
    Both of these Ferrari models work for their respective audiences. However problems arise when you try to mix the attitude of the old group with those who embrace wholeheartedly the future populated now by the Stradale. If you need 'familiar' then the F8 awaits...

Doug23, jm2, stavura and 6 others like this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    OK I will call you crazy. I'm sure glad you like it!

13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think all in all the SF90 is done pretty well. From the front has curves and from the rear technical. I think in person it will look fantastic.

stavura, jpalmito, Rosso963 and 3 others like this.
  14. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    No problem for me. BTW Tail lights of SF90 have been a hot topic today, so many people could have similar ideas.

of2worlds and Nicolas21 like this.
  15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    When will this tail light nightmare end o_O

Doug23, stavura and of2worlds like this.
  16. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    When iphone X users see Iphone 5 today, would they use Iphone 5 over X?

For some yes, but 99% would say no.

It is outdated because it is digital. Progress is too fast...

Now the real question is not SF90 is good today but will SF90 still be a good car 5 years later?

458 is still a good car since no other car has that screaming V8 revving 9k.

On the other hand, SF90 will have a lot of better alternatives within 5 years when it hits the used market since its heart and soul is engine and it is not a stellar.

I wish they should have made the car with speciale V8, without front electric motor, and weight down to 1400kg dry.

Anyway, as you might know, I put the deposit down. I am huge looser when it comes to all thing Ferrari...sigh....

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think many of us have been. Some are now questioning whether they wish to continue being that huge loser. Because at the price this car will be, the loss doesn't look good this time around.
    It could prove to be a knock out punch actually.

DRYHOLE and j09333 like this.
  18. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    True...rumored FXXK type Evo kit program might save the SF90 for the long term with upgrading electronic parts. But I suspect they reused 488 frame so I am not sure the frame will hold the increased power and aero.

19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The SF90 Stradale uses the new aluminum modular frame. It is all new underneath.

Doug23, stavura, REALZEUS and 2 others like this.
  20. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    That’s a little harsh.

I appreciate his enthusiasm. He’s just sharing his viewpoint like everyone else. To be fair, I’ve been just as negative as he has positive. If he’s the cheerleader does that make me the hater? :)

Caeruleus11, Doug23, jm2 and 6 others like this.
  21. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    One thing I notice is the wheelbase.
    488 has the same length as SF90.
    They pushed forward the cabin and did not bother to change the wheelbase.
    Also, they put the battery at the back of cabin not underneath like most does and these make me think they reused frame.

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    He literally expressed his opinion and then said “my own personal taste, of course”. What the hell do you care what he does or doesn’t like. Are you a butt hurt 15 year old?!?!

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1073 Shadowfax, Jun 3, 2019
    There are too many things I'm not sure of with this SF car....polarizing design, huge weight, availability, huge price etc....and did I mention the price!!!

Whether SF90 can be rescued by an EVO kit program is a VERY big gamble in more ways than one IMHO!

God only forbid what SF90 will be worth used - an awful, awful thought....frightening in fact! At the current asking price my money is on it making the beating I am being asked to take on my 488 look like a slap on the wrist with a feather.

It is becoming increasingly clear the car market has changed forever. The high end car market looks to be in for the biggest shake up one could imagine. We are on the verge where a range of electric cars are slated for release offering super-car performance at a fraction of the price! Very few seem prepared, least of all are lining up to pay anywhere near the new price (used) for these high end cars and this stems from far too many being sold to begin with! The whole misconception that there was/is money to be made on the flip was flawed and has been an absolute boon for the manufacturer who has now adjusted their previous mindset, and are now all too willing to oblige supply to anyone prepared to pay the huge ticket.

But. Here is the kicker. There are only so many with that level of money and the net result will become a glut of cars anyway as production is open to anyone willing and able. The games buyers were complaining of - which were in place to protect values - have now been removed.

The used market interest stops past a certain number of buyers and price point. Welcome to the new world!

24. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    We should have double thumbs up like button...

25. jomana

jomana Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2004

Why order one if you don’t like it ??
    You can simply use the money to get something else.