348 fuel tank sender | FerrariChat

348 fuel tank sender

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Terry Secker, Jun 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terry Secker

Terry Secker Rookie

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    Terence Frederick Secker
    can anybody help please , i own a 1990 348 tb that has a broken fuel level sender unit ,i have been told by
    euro spares that the part is no longer available either new or secondhand ,Any Ideas ???

2. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    I will watch this thread with interest as mine under reads, I think. Filled to cut off only reads 3/4 and after a couple of hundred miles will be reading 1/4.

Terry Secker likes this.
  3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    eBay-Artikelnummer: 283043144856 for example ?

Another idea might be to seek out breakers in larger countries since 146648 is also in 355 (try 348/355 section)

Terry Secker likes this.
  4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Try:
    - redbay cars
    - prosport Ferrari (Mike has been very helpful sourcing a part I was after that nobody else had at the time.)
    - Superformance (give them a call as they have stuff not on the website; sometimes)

I tend to only use eurospares as a last resort. preferring to deal direct with maranello spares (where eurospraes get their new parts from)

(If you fill to the automatic cut off it will generally only read 3/4; at least mine does. You can put another £10 on that and it will get very close to the top of the guage!)

allandwf likes this.
  5. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Someone mentioned the lower ohm reading was the higher full level, so I suppose a dirty wiring connection could increase the resistance and make mine read low. I will check.

6. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    I have a 308 GT4. I don't take too much notice of the gauge. I use the trip odometer. 180 miles and I think it is time to refuel. 250 and I start to panic!