348 Front Bumper Removal | FerrariChat

348 Front Bumper Removal

Discussion in '348/355' started by allandwf, Jun 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    I have read the threads and located the bolts. I am trying to remove a faulty alarm siren which I believe is behind the bumper. However I have a neat row of pop rivets along the bottom, three central and two each side, My bumper looks too short to fit under the tabs on the floor pan. If I remove the eight bolts will the bumper tip forward enough to get my hand in to remove the siren, or do I really need to pull it forward to clear the bolts? In which case I will need to drill out the rivets.

Attached Files:

2. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    I would remove the rivets, make 3 new aluminium tabs (centre, left, right) and rivet them to the floor pan to match the "shorter" bumper (leave the original tabs in place).

allandwf likes this.
  3. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    My Siren is in front of the fuse box in the front compartment. I would look there first.

4. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Thanks, I've looked at all the usual places, it sounded like it was in the LHS wheel arch behind the foglight, but it's hard to tell once you get close! But it wasn't in there. It's definitely up front somewhere, I'm struggling to even find the wiring for it. But on a plus point I could clean up all the trays and vents I have removed so will look better when reassembled.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Are there variations between left and right hand drive cars? I've gone looking for components on my RHD car only to realise they are on the opposite side to that shown in the catalogue.

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    There's a photo here showing the location of the air horns (bumper hacked off - not my photo).

A wiring loom is located there as well, so maybe they tapped into that for the alarm horn?

Ferrari 348 air horns

allandwf likes this.
  7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great idea