Cuoio versus Beige Tradizione Interior? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cuoio versus Beige Tradizione Interior?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by NZCREW, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    HI Karl. Have you received your car yet? I'm really keen to see some images of your spec! Especially interior of the full cuoio leather. I'm still yet to confirm my own interior leather colours. Cheers!

2. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
  3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I’ll take some more pics at the weekend. My initial thoughts are; LOVE the spec, wouldn’t change a thing. Cuoio is a beautiful, deep brown. Black dash is definitely the way to go (avoid glare and i think full cuoio incl. dash is a bit much)

I’d also highly recommend taking the cuoio all the way up (to top of doors and top of rear seats).

Will post more pics, let me know if any questions

tomc likes this.
  4. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Thanks Karl. Appreciated. My thinking is online with yours. Look forward to seeing some more shots!!

5. bml71

bml71 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bradd Lewis
    Great spec - love the color too and my interior is the same spec. If I wasn’t in Grigio Silverstone then Rosso PF looks a damned fine alternative :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason1086 likes this.
  6. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Hey Karl. How was your weekend with your new PF? Did you get any pics? Cheers.

7. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Yes will do, apologies for delay. Car is dirty so will clean so I can proper pics and post soon

8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Finally got a chance to take interior pics. Photos don’t fully capture it... in person the brown is darker and richer... looks great.

9. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Photos look really great Karl. How did you get a power source to the dash cam?

10. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks! Its actually a speed / radar detector. I had it professionally installed so not sure of details but the power lead comes up beside it, from the dash. Its windscreen mounted.

Russ123 likes this.
  11. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Nice shots Karl. I definitely agree with you that with the lighter coloured leather, it’s better to take it all the way to the top of the doors and rear. Full carbon gives it a good contrast (as opposed to grey standard finishers, bridge etc). The cuoio vs Beige Tradizione are so confusing in photos. Under different light, they can look so different. Cheers for posting... enjoy!

12. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    You may have already done this, but go into your Ferrari dealer.. they have actual leather samples of both colours. Not as good as seeing a car but the colours are the same. Take them out into the sun, too.

13. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Finally, I got an opportunity to view the new Beige Tradizione in person. Took out a Rosso Corsa GTCLusso on Wednesday in Auckland with Cuoio leather interior. Then viewed a Rosso Corsa 488 Spider on Friday in Sydney with Beige Tradizione leather interior. Personally, I prefer Beige Tradizione. It was not orange in person at all (even in the sun), and it gets darker with age / use. It still had a nice earthy tone. I feel Cuoio is more likely to date quicker. I also think the Beige looks great with Rosso Corsa. If I was ordering another colour then Cuoio could well be a better option. Anyhow, I have now confirmed Beige Tradizione with Rosso Corsa and a bunch of options (full carbon interior). I really think it is a must to order the upper rear area and upper and lower door inner in Beige also rather than the two tone black look. Keeping the headlining, steering wheel, upper dashboard and carpet as black to avoid overdoing it.

I also got to see Rosso Portofino in person in Sydney. Definitely a nice colour, but given this is my first Ferrari, I going to go with the traditional Ferrari Rosso Corsa.

Finally, it was great to drive both the V12 (GTCLusso and F12) and V8 Turbo (Portofino and 488 Spider). Obviously the V12 sounds amazing when you get the revs up, but this is not always easy to do within, or anywhere near the speed limit. Driving around in 1st gear will eventually wear off I think. But I loved the sound and playfulness of the V8. So much easier to have fun without driving at 140 Kmph + in and around town.

Thanks everyone for your posts, I’m now very happy / confident I have the spec right for my own taste. I will post some pics when it arrives... hopefully later this year. :)

Chizz likes this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Beige Tradizione is way too orange for Rosso Corsa. If like the classic light tan and red combination, you should have a look at Sabbia. Personally I think Cuoio is way too dark and brown for a drop top GT like the Portofino in red. Sabbia would look really nice and classy. If you want a darker brown, conside Iroko. You could also go via the atalier and simply get the "real" classic beige that Tradizione replaced.

But if I were to spec a red Porto, I'd do the following.

Rosso F1 2007 to spiff it up a bit and get some more depth in the colour. Sabbia interior with Testa Di Moro upper dash, carpets and door inserts. Bordeaux stitching and Testa Di Moro cavalinos.

Finish it off with piano black or CF trim.

15. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Interesting... I actually really like the Beige Tradizione and do not think it is too orange at all for Rosso Corsa. I agree it can look orange in photos, but in person I liked it. I don’t want to go any lighter (creama or Sabbia) as I think it is too effeminate. Cuoio was too dark for me.

All personal preference I guess. :)

Dolcevita and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Indeed it is. Here's a picture from two weeks ago, of an 812 with Beige Tradizione. I think it looks as orange in person as it does on the photo.
    But here it was combined with Blu Le Mans so a lot less chance of a colour clash.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

newshadow likes this.
  17. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Agree it looks pretty orange in that photo / light. Here's an image of the Beige Tradition we viewed in Sydney. We didn't find it orange in person at all.
    A strange one. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Image Unavailable, Please Login For direct contrast, Beige Tradizione just sticking out around the edge. Much lighter than the Cuoio. Sorry can’t see more of the Beige in the photo. I didn’t do a side by side (other than of Iroko, Cioccolato and Terra Bruciata).