Ferrari team jackets | FerrariChat

Ferrari team jackets

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by demicami, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. demicami

demicami Karting

Jun 7, 2016
    Does anyone have photos of Ferrari team jackets from 1967 to 1970?

Did Ferrari have their own? Or did they only wear the red Firestone jackets?

Thanks

2. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I don't have any photos, but could take a pic of what I have, which is one of the yellow N.A.R.T. team windbreakers they wore at Le Mans. Got it in an auction at Joe Marchetti's years ago. Jacket was donated by Dick Fritz, which he had from when he was team manager.

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I don't think there were that many official team jackets from the 60's - mechanics usually wore blue overalls with yellow rectangular prancing horse Ferrari badge... sewn on. then they either wore Red and white firestone jackets or Dark Blue Goodyear jackets. You may see some Red and Yellow Shell jackets as well, with white pin strips on the arms.

The team usually wore the blue overalls until 74-75 - when then moved to black and Yellow with Agip sponsorship on the back. Drivers did not wear matching uniforms until 1983 - 84. but the team has a pretty standard uniform from 77- present. There is a good photo of Mr. Ferrari at Monza practice wearing a goodyear windbreaker ... which I think was from 67- 68....

4. demicami

demicami Karting

Jun 7, 2016
    Thanks, I think you're right. I've seen photos of Amon wearing the red Firestone jacket. It looks like jackets from sponsors.
    Amon wore this striped jacket during testing for the 1970 312B, but again looks like a sponsor jacket (no Ferrari emblem). I think the first Ferrari jackets I saw in photos might have been the 1972 team with Ickx, Andretti, etc.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Oengus likes this.
  5. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

things were sure way cooler back then!!

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I have a team jacket from 1990. does not really fit well anymore but its a cool momento.

Back then I think in Hungary - the team was swarmed by beetles... like thousands of them... the jackets and uniforms were black and yellow - Agip colors ... and I think the bugs thought they were flowers... they were literally swarmed with the bugs.

375+ likes this.