Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 49 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    Thank you. I somehow missed that. Looks better than I expected.

2. Andrew97

Andrew97 Rookie

Sep 14, 2016
    Somebody that knows the color's name of the stripe of the gray car?

3. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Sold out? Come on folks, we have heard this non sense with the 812, the 70th anniversary cars, the Monza etc. within days of being announced. 812 still isn't. 70th cars were still bouncing around within dealers trying to find victims months later, and the Monza is doubtful based on some people I have spoken to. Sure the first year or two years may be spoken for fairly soon, but sold out? Oh wait, is that an open top version I see coming?

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The stripe main color is not specifically listed on the build plate. They only note the Giallo Modena two tone stripe. It could simply be Argento Nurburgring for the stripe.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Shadowfax and Andrew97 like this.
  5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    ^^Very nice indeed - can you don in Avorio with Nero roof rear view ? Thanks

of2worlds likes this.
  6. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #1207 kandi, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Maybe tomorrow, when I'm on a PC again. [sleepyhead:] It would be great if you found a photo of the rear view which you want to be modified.

[edit][/IMG]

of2worlds and Ferrari 308 Vetro like this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    stavura, Shadowfax and kandi like this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
  9. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    SF90: 417.890 Euro inklusive

Doug23 and F142George like this.
  10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #1212 TheMayor, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    What I see with this car is an answer to a problem Ferrari has.

When it makes a limited edition car, like the F40 (although some would argue it wasn't really a limited production), F50, Enzo and La Ferrari -- a lot of people are left out and upset. This car is sort of something in the middle. Its something special above the normal 2 seater and certainly fast (the SF90 is faster on a track than LaFerrari) but anyone can get one instead of being one of the chosen ones.

It can keep making super limited edition $2M- $3M cars but sell these SF90's to anyone with $500,000 to part with.

Sales of the SF90 will cut into the F8 or the F8 super version. But overall sales will go up. They are stealing sales from the F8 -- but they are increasing both sales volume and sales dollars with 2 different cars at two different prices, along with increasing profits.

It answers one other problem -- exclusivity. The F8 just won't be exclusive enough for some. Having an SF90 is something they can point to as a cut above.

The SF90 isn't for everyone. The F8 is that. This is for someone who wants "more", and has the funds to spend it on.

11. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Well said! The SF90 is a great model to keep or steal higher end clients away from other brands or keep them with Ferrari. Indeed, the customers that will not get the hypercars. They now have their ‘limited’ supercar.
    All signals are that the SF90 is sold out in Europe.

F2003-GA likes this.
  12. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's not sold out. They never are. In a couple years you'll be able to walk in and order one just like every other car.

They didn't even release the Spider, so how could it be sold out? Lol

They did not spend all the time/money creating this car just to sell 1500 over 3 years. That would be a colossal waste of time and money. Lamborghini has sold like 10K Aventadors and those were $400-600k.

You really think Ferrari invested all this money just to sell a single years worth of Aventadors?

13. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Agree.
    It's the usual craving for a sense of exclusivity that drives all these buyers to post along "it's sold out/they will only build xxx/etc" Logic or facts has little to do with it.

Monsieur Yoge likes this.
  14. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    I'm basing my "sold out comments" on dealers across Europe that have more demand (actual orders) than supply.
    Other regions might be different, but this is what I'm hearing and seeing in Europe.

of2worlds and BarryK like this.
  15. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  16. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Love the new steering wheel, except the lack of an actual start button.

Perhaps the only thing Lamborghini did well. Making that Start button stand out.

Shadowfax and BarryK like this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Kandi honestly matey these fix ups of yours are definitively worthy of giving you the leading role in the design team over there in Ferrari HQ and ousting whoever is there at the moment. I'm dead set serious. Ferrari needs to sit up and pay attention here. You have managed to make a silk purse out of a sows scrotum.

18. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Agree, but a being a female, a sow doesn't have a scrotum :):)

Or may be it's different if it is a hybrid. ;)

Shadowfax likes this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    LOL sorry I meant ear. But in this case scrotum is probably more appropriate.:D

BarryK likes this.
  20. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    crinoid likes this.
  21. Keysersose

Keysersose Rookie

May 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    John W
    I really wanted an LaF but had zero chance of getting one - I ended up buying an Aventador instead - I will be buying an SF90 which is my first Ferrari...

22. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I am shocked, LOL ! :D BTW there is no (literally) such proverb you said, ... thank God! :D

23. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I don’t think so. It will be like the 812... feedback will be that the car is sold out for three years and a year down the road the factory will release more slots. If it is a great success -and I believe it will be- they will make as many as the factory can cope with

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.