What's For Dinner? | Page 419 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Yeah, I doubt most folks would guess it was cauliflower. I think she put in saffron strings, chipotle powder, salt, pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice and used some evoo in the cooking. Also the onion and red bell pepper add to the flavors. You can put pretty much any protien on top. We seared some shrimp with chipotle pepper seasoning on them. All went nice with a cool glass of white wine.

2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Precisely! Good eye .

3. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm back on salads...…….. Only restaurants now until I get back to 165 from my current 181 will be Japanese for sashimi.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Good plan. Don't deny yourself scallops!

Had a visitor in town who wanted Mexican, so I took her to the joint that I went to with F-chatter Tamas when he was visiting last month. Place called Miguelito's in the small town of Sanger.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I had a tostada. Tasty.

Shrimp Ranchero is what my guest had. She said it was great. Who says we don't eat veggies down here. We do, if they're Texas sized! That's one big, honking zucchini!

Food was good, once again, but I have to break it to my guest that it's not normal to drink chardonnay with Tex Mex grub.

T

NbyNW likes this.
  5. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Just a salad last night. I'm going to Japanese with the parents tonight. So my usual assorted sashimi and chopped scallop rolls.

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Scallop Man!

We went to a reveal party for the new Macan at Porsche of Plano, and ate there. As usual, PoP folks put on a great soiree. No pictures of food, but some pics of cool cars! My favorite food item was the habanero chocolate liquid nitrogen ice cream by a Iittle company called Yelibelly. It was great.

T

7. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I’d be down for some of that ice cream. I used to make jalapeno lemonaide.

Did a lamb leg on the smoker.

A day of vacuum sealed rub of coconut charcoal, yellow and brown mustard seed ground, turmeric, stevia leaf, yerba mate, salt.
    Smoked about six low and slow hours above water with lavendar stalks, over hardwood chunk with smoke from soaked apple, pecan, some of what I think is cherry, and some crushed hemp stalk (felt like I’d gone back to the seventies when it lit off).
    De-crusted of the rub after the smoking, then seared in the coals.
    It came out great! But I’m bad at getting good pics...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BubblesQuah, I.T. Guy and NbyNW like this.
  8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Hey Ron! It was great. Just got enough to get the endorphins in gear, but not so hot as to be unenjoyable. And, since it was cold and sweet, it worked with the heat of the habanero.

Indian inspired soup. Chicken, turmeric powder, curry powder, fenugreek, celery, red onions, turnip, S&P, tomato paste, rice.

Wish we had some naan, but had to make do with the Texas equivalent - tortillas!

T

BubblesQuah likes this.
  9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That looks fabulous. Weber Smokey mountain smoker?
    T

10. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
  11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    NbyNW likes this.
  12. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Just a salad...…… tonight I'm cheating. Its burger special at Triple O's. The poutine there is pretty good, so I'll probably get that too.

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Last week the McDonald's here had a dish usually served in Canadian McD's. It was a burger. Burgers, we got here! Why not poutine?!?

Fighting off an ear infection. Web says that garlic is good for that.

Sweating garlic. EVOO. S&P. Mixed it into ricotta to serve as the base for pizza bianco.

Add a little mozz to the top. Oregano. And, garlic powder sprinkled on top.

Garlicky goodness. Reminds me of the white pizza at Secret Pizza at the Cosmo in Vegas.

After. I used the leftover garlic ricotta blend as a dipping sauce! Don't know if it'll make my ear infection any better, but I can tell you that we're not gonna have any problems with vampires tonight.

T

14. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    McDonalds here has poutine on the menu. Its ok. Just a salad tonight. I might head to central Washington State tomorrow. Plan is too just get sushi the whole time.

15. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You in Brooklyn?!?

More garlicky goodness to get rid of this blasted ear infection. Inspired by this recipe.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/chicken-garlic-ginger-healing-soup-474633

One entire head of garlic. Half a white onion. Cajun seasoning. Black pepper. Ginger root, minced. Handful of chard from the garden, chiffonade. Turnip, instead of carrot. Celery, because I had it. Sweat all that for about 10 min. Throw in leftover tomatoes, pureed. Homemade chicken broth. Simmer. My ear feels better! The wife thinks it's the antibiotics ; I know better!

T

NbyNW likes this.
  17. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Had my dad, mom and a brother over. Ended up ordering from a local place. They have four locations. Not bad.

We ordered two larges. The meat lovers and house special: http://www.pizza24.ca/our-menu/#speciality-pizza

Interviewing someone for a job today. Meeting them in Kelowna, BC. A three hour drive from me. Might spend the day there and grab dinner. Probably find a Japanese restaurant there.

18. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Lol, nah. Was at the store, grabbed a pack of normal Nathan's hot dogs, and saw those monsters. When I went to the bread aisle to grab buns, I noticed they had footlong buns and thought why not.

Not sure why I thought I could eat 2 though, I ate one and took one bite from the second and realized I wasn't a hot dog eating champ. ;)

tomc likes this.
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^LOL. Used to eat 3 chili dogs at the Nathan's in Times Square for lunch when I was a young buck, working in NYC. Today, doubt I could eat one!

From the other night . Smoked salmon on a homemade crouton, underneath cream cheese and over it, fresh mater. Cracked black pepper and dill to garnish.

T

NbyNW, I.T. Guy and Streetsurfer like this.
  20. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
  21. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  22. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  23. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Streetsurfer likes this.
  24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Finished product looks a big soggy because I used the little remaining general Tao sauce with water to water it down while simmering.

Tastes great! Tomorrow is salmon I've had sitting for a bit which will be with this quinoa and maybe something else.

Sent from my SM-G960W using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What's that to the left of the rice?

Ribeye steaks. Not sure why the pic looks so dark.

Just about done. Indirect part of the fire.

The first corn from our garden. Chewy. Starchy. I think they sold my wife field or dent corn!

T

arizonaitalian likes this.