Can anyone identify this Ferrari? 250 P perhaps? | FerrariChat

Can anyone identify this Ferrari? 250 P perhaps?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bob Zambelli, May 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    I found this video on youtube.
    I was there. Since my Dad was connected with Magnetti Marelli, we received some privileged passes.
    Mario Andretti was driving a blue Ferrari which retired with clutch issues.
    Whose car was it and was it a 250P?

Bob Z.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what video please???
    link to the video would be great ;)

3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #3 miurasv, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    275P 0812 for NART/ Kleinart Racing car number 18. Bridgehampton 500 KM September 19, 1965.

Timmmmmmmmmmy and of2worlds like this.
  4. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE

turbo-joe likes this.
  5. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    My mistake - I FORGOT the video.
    Thanks for posting it Ardy!

turbo-joe, Aardy and of2worlds like this.
  6. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Hi, again.
    This may be a repeat but here's the video.

I'm pretty sure that's my Dad with the light blue jacket at 2:52.

Bob Z.

of2worlds and tomc like this.
  7. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    On the far left!

8. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #8 miurasv, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Good footage of 275 GTB Competizione Speciale 06885 in the video(s).

9. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Some people are pig ignorant!!!

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Attacking another user. 7-day ban.

11. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I was wondering if this was really an attack or if it was some sort of commentary on the video or something like that because it came out of nowhere. In fact the poster before was the same person. Maybe there's a deleted post in there somewhere I don't know, just very strange....

turbo-joe likes this.
  12. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Mr Ylshih - I don't understand.
    Who was he attacking?

Bob Z.

turbo-joe likes this.
  13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It's unclear who he was directing it at. It could have been you, it could have been the commentator on one of the videos, it could have been meant for another thread and misposted to this thread.

Whoever he was directing it at, it was still an insult. If he meant the commentator in the video, he had a duty to be specific so as not to offend someone who might legitimately think it was meant for them. Nor should I be required to watch 30 minutes of video to figure out if that's possibly who he meant. We don't allow ambiguity as an excuse as it would allow users to be vague about who they're attacking and get away with it.

TWK, Texas Forever, mcimino and 2 others like this.
  14. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    well done ;)

mcimino and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.
  15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #15 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 2715900
    Not knowing the history behind this my first thought was "Do you also work for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google etc?" Are we all snowflakes and not men in this age? Perhaps he should have noted to whom or what he was referring. But I could not help but note with clarity these men in this video risking life and limb for a small trophy and little money in contrast to what is defined as a man here. We are truly in a different age.

Thank you for posting this Bob; your father must have been one hell of a man from what I know about you. I was surprised to hear the name Fulp. As you know and have stayed with us; John "Buck" Fulp in 1964 completed the house we lived in up to 2017... the one that caught fire as we returned from "The Car Guy Tour" in Italy. Buck is still alive and kicking, and still loves speed. Recently he has owned a near 200 mph MTI, 599, Dodge Demons, Ducati, etc. I asked him once why he risked so much when he raced and he said we just didn't know any better. One story he told was when the tank tube broke and filled his floor boards with fuel at Sebring burning his fanny as he put it, and sloshing around lap after lap. "Why did you race like that?" With an ah sucks demeanor, "We just did not know any better." I guess that applies to a lot of things in life.

As for the house he finished it in 1964 when he was in his early to mid twenties. If you look closely you can see the F in the library banisters, and the concrete supports on the picture with the sun dial are architect Alfred Browning Parkers' interpretation of the letter F for Fulp. These pictures where taken for the "Period of Totality" by The Weather Chanel photographer and graphic artist Bill Rush. The eclipse occurred just a few months before the fire.

He has lived an extraordinary life. Let me know if any racing historian would like to contact him. He is a bit reclusive, but who knows.

https://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/photo/John-Fulp-USA.html

Texas Forever likes this.
  16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If anyone called drivers such as them "pig ignorant" to their faces, there was a good chance the person doing so would have gotten a punch in the mouth. The moderation in the discussion forums maintains a level of civility necessary to avoid provoking such responses and neither takes nor borrows anything from any social media sites.

17. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    As an interested bystander, the mods have to keep a level of decorum because many of the sub forums rely on owners and experts to post and when you get someone who boorishly posts and then attacks rather than debates it can and will make those with direct knowledge or unique experience give up on sharing and the community is much the poorer for it. The classic example was Jim Glickenhaus who owns a legit 412P, a car that is either 0846 or the Piper replica #003, the 125/159/166 #002C and more and who stopped sharing information because why bother getting attacked. Amicable debates are surely part and parcel of enjoyably intelligent life but rubbish like trolling and boorish attacks is surely not the mark of a man and detesting that crap ins't what I would term being a snowflake?