Need help picking a used F12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Need help picking a used F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by sl55, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Asking price is 233k

The interior is beige

I am going to start working on making an offer. Any idea of a good range for this?

I wanted to get close to 200-210 max

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    That Grigio Silverstone is the nicest option. Negotiate under $210k and snap it up.

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Despite being a bit darker than the GF, the Grigio Silverstone is also a very nice color and goes very well with the F12. I know someone who has a GF F12 and last year we went for a ride with both cars and then parked them side by side. I was used to see this GS indoors at my detailer where it appeared a lot darker than my GF but this time, when both cars where parked on a sunny day side by side, to my surprise the GS color was much brighter
    Searching for the F12 combo of our dreams is a process that takes time and sometimes can be very frustrating. In the case of my F12 took me 8 months and at the time I built an extensive list with many of the F12's that were available for sale in Europe but, for one reason or another, none of them fulfilled what I wanted. At a certain point I started loosing hope of finding my ideal imaginary F12 but one day there it was and then I didn't hesitate for a second. Mine only previous owner was Ferrari spa of Maranello which built it for some important car exhibitions and used it afterwards only as the organization car for the 2015 Mille Miglia. The car interior is in Iroko, has the racing seats and Ferrari equipped it with all the existing carbon fiber options and also installed the telemetry.

Good luck on your search and I'm certain that with patience you'll find what you want.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Just a Correction "I know someone who has a GS F12……."

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you don't care for the black interior of the car, do not purchase that car. You will spend time in there and the interior should feel right.
    I personally think that a black F12 interior is one of the most bland and dull things out there. I tend to think that Beige, Sabbia and Crema are much better suited for the F12/812.

Grigio Ferro is nice and subtle on an F12. Personally I'd go for something a bit more lively, like Blu Abu Dhabi, Elettrico or perhaps Rubino. But hey, that's me.

Don't rush it and find the car that appeals to you inside and out. It's for you, so what does it matter what we like :)

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    It's a hard decision you have to make.

Ferro is beautiful, blue interior is very nice, but I agree with most that both colours clash.

Silverstone is nice but maybe too dark for me (looks like we have similar taste), too safe... however the beige interior is awesome except for the Daytona style ( I much prefer diamond).

Finally, Titanio is a nice colour, a bit on the safe side, although it's also the one that worst suffers the body/bumper difference, clearly seen in the front 3/4 pic. Also the black interior is a no-no if, like me, you're not a fan of those...

In an ideal world, I would mix up these three to choose either Titanio with blue interior or Ferro with beige.

7. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    For some reason, Ferrari does not call it Sabbia, they call it "Sand". Maserati does use the word Sabbia. And the Rubino metallic is my favorite color, but I had to settle for Rosso Berlinetta, which was the closest for a metallic color. I love the triple layer paint it has. Mugello just didn't do it for me (not metallic).

8. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Ferrari has been using "Sabbia" for ages, and still does. Not sure why you say so, maybe it's a dealer thing?

Caeruleus11 and 350MH83 like this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    This

At my dealer, the sample reads Sabbia. On the configurator both at the dealer, online and in Maranello, it's Sabbia as well. Never seen it referred to as "sand".

350MH83 likes this.
  10. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Here is my window sticker

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    And a picture of "Sand".

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  13. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I agree that daytona jars a bit in an F12. The best looking seats IMO are the carbon sports seats. Sadly there aren't too many cars optioned with those but I think they'll be sought after in future.

14. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Perhaps it was called that only in 2013 model year, I guess?

15. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    OK So I made and offer on the GS car, and the dealer Sid his client (consignment car I am guessing) may do 225K without the 2 year warranty. I am trying to get a deal done

16. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Sand is translation for Sabbia, so I would expect the occasional and irrelevant exchange here or there.

17. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    now 220 + 8,700 for the warranty...

Would you guys pay 8,700 for a 2 year warranty?

18. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    #43 DaveMc, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    No, but that depends on a reading of the repair records. My 2012 Maserati GranTurismo, which I bought new, now has 25,000 miles on it. Ferrari made the engine for this car, not sure if they still do. After 7 years, not one thing has broken on the car, except for battery replacement in Year 1. Still on the old replacement battery. I passed when they offered an extended warranty when the original had expired.

Bought my used 2013 F12, with 14,000 miles on it, just last year (15 months ago) and now have 17,000 miles on it. I also passed on the offer of a extended warranty for about the same price you got. Not one thing has broken thus far, except the passenger airbag got recalled (Takata airbag). No charge to replace. These Italian sports cars are a lot more bulletproof than they used to be, decades ago.

Good luck and enjoy the fabulous car and the awesome power! And, BTW, I have NEVER used a battery tender for any of these two cars.

19. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and ANOpax like this.
  20. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Great picture! thank you.

The dealership is playing hard ball. I really was hoping for 210 with the warranty included, Maybe will try for and settle for 210 w/o warranty.

21. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Just keep working on the price

I would say 220 includes warranty, shipping, clear bra, tint, etc

FWIW I don't even know what the car is or what it's worth, I just like negotiating out of my ass

22. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    That's a good deal for that car.

15 months ago I paid $230K for a 2013 with 14,000 miles that had a original MSRP of $391K. I was tired of shopping after two years, and my wife died, then my dog died, so I said screw it, I am going to treat myself, but I had to have some sort of a dark metallic red. And then suddenly one popped up, close to the specs I wanted. And for sale from my local dealer in Orlando, FL!

Seize the day, don't hesitate, and go buy it! Life is short. My wife died when she was only 56. You never know when the end is near.

obbob, Caeruleus11, dustman and 5 others like this.
  23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Dude, the sticker is very nearly $400k and its still a new car. A good deal is when buyer and seller are both happy. If the records are there and the PPI is good then whats the big deal? Also - warranty will cost you over $6k/year so the $8400/2 years is a great deal.

24. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Problem with “getting advice” is everyone has their own differing opinions.

Suggest do what makes you comfortable and BTW there are plenty of F12’s on or coming to market so realize it’s a buyer’s market not the other way around. That GS car has been on the market about a year so .......

Good luck!

25. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    I am with you- Even 210 is too much. Lets see.