Grigio Ferro & Wheel Color? | FerrariChat

Grigio Ferro & Wheel Color?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by unogib, Jun 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Just took delivery of a GTC4Lusso in Grigio Ferro. I chose the corsa grey wheels but they seem to just 'wash' in with the paint color. Anyone have pics of other Grigio Ferro cars with different wheel options - specifically the matte black finish?

Thanks in advance! Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
  3. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
  4. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    I personally do not like black wheels, especially on these types of car, so I would look into a lighter OEM option (last picture) just my humble opinion. Beautiful car, enjoy!

5. ARM1971

ARM1971 Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    I don’t have a photo but I have seen the lusso with the diamond polished wheel and the lighter polished silver finish plus the darker recessed surfaces provides better contrast than the plain silver wheel alone (in a good way).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    of2worlds, MDEL, tfazio and 1 other person like this.
  7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I would go with the lighter wheels in post #3 as well.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  8. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Grigio Ferro is a fantastic colour. On a bright day it looks wonderful. In dark cloudy weather it can look a little like the mood on such a day.

I would go with diamond polished or silver wheels. I went with diamond polished wheels on the Grigio Ferro 812.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Silver or diamond polished wheels for Ferro.

Matte black wheels means that you end up with four black "holes" in the profile of the car. I just don't get the whole matte black craze. Why purchase a beautiful wheel and then finish it in a colour so so detail is visible? Definitely not a nice choice for a beautiful Ferro Lusso imo.

If I were you and I wanted something a bit different and classy looking, I'd go right ahead and ask my dealer to get a set of Pista Spider wheels in Silver Nurburgring. :)

350MH83 likes this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    My F12 is Grigio Ferro and has the wheels in a dark grey that I personally like. I think the darker wheels combine well with the GF. I enclose some pictures.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  11. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I prefer the glossy look of a silver wheel on grigio Ferro - but this is just personal taste and you can really say "to each his own" without being unfriendly...

of2worlds, R J, MDEL and 1 other person like this.
  12. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    of2worlds likes this.
  13. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    That's a beautiful new Lusso you have there! Would not change a thing ... except drive it!

R J likes this.