“High” mileage F12? | FerrariChat

“High” mileage F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrariski, Mar 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrariski

Ferrariski Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi guys,

Is 27,000 miles high on a pre-owned 1 owner F12?

Finally found the perfect one with the right options but I am wondering about the mileage. I am thinking it’s not a big deal since it was bought, maintained and is being resold at the original Ferrari dealership.

Thank you for your feedback.

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Huge IMO.

Ferrariski likes this.
  3. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    That's pretty high mileage. I think the car can take it, just don't overpay.

LARRYH and Ferrariski like this.
  4. Ferrariski

Ferrariski Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    John
    Dealership is asking $215K

5. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Yes very high according to buyers. My first F12 did 25k miles, took me forever to sell it because no one wanted it. So I only did 12k miles on the second F12, with a lower price I sold it like a week.
    The car is solid if the previous owner took care of it, make sure you check the leather condition. But it also means it will be hard to resell it in the future tho due to high mileage. Take that into consideration.

Rosey, of2worlds and Ferrariski like this.
  6. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    #6 ANOpax, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    How long do you plan to keep it? It’s currently borderline high and if you enjoy it as its maker intended then you’ll be pushing it into high mileage territory.

If it’s a keeper beyond its 10th birthday then mileage becomes less relevant. If you plan on selling in the next few years then mileage is very relevant.

VIZSLA and Ferrariski like this.
  7. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    I presume you are in the US. In Europe that would be normal w asking prices around USD200k. But I understand that the US market is much more sensitive to mileage.... So, not an issue for the car itself! Only for resale value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIZSLA, Ferrariski and 350MH83 like this.
  8. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    It doesn't hurt to take your time and make them a lower offer. They are going to have a hard time moving a 25k mileage car I think. The only way I would take a car with that mileage if it was an incredible deal.

John_K_348, of2worlds and Ferrariski like this.
  9. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Do you want the car as an exposition model or enjoy driving it? I am 'member' of the latter category thus use the car. At current about 85'000 km and counting.
    Obviously use it less during the winter but as much as possible during the summer. No complaints whatsoever and still running smoothly without any hick-ups.

otakki, thedimas, FFfunkster and 6 others like this.
  10. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    I’m just under 23k miles and am in the process of listing my F12. If you are t sold yet, drop me a line. I’ll send you my details.
    Jim Augustine 210-326-5474
    [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ferrariski likes this.
  11. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    You have 85k on your F12? How are things holding up?

Ferrariski likes this.
  12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    An F12 just went through our local dealer with over 60k miles. I think the owner got an 812.

R J and Ferrariski like this.
  13. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Great to read about a Ferrari getting such use. It is rare, but love seeing it happen. Also interested in answer to the question posed by @GameMaker. Sounds like yours is holding up well, but would be good to hear more about the reliability of the F12 when used this much.

of2worlds and Ferrariski like this.
  14. Ferrariski

Ferrariski Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you guys for the feedbacks. To address the questions and comments...

• I am in the US.
    • Don’t plan on reselling it.
    • Leather is in excellent condition.
    • Drive, drive, drive. No garage queen.

forstephan, Rosey, John_K_348 and 4 others like this.
  15. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    #15 ANOpax, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Then buy the 27,000 mile car cheap and drive the hell out of it. If the seller won’t move on price, wait for someone who will. (Jim Augustine perhaps ;)).

But bear in mind that the price difference between a private seller like Jim and the dealership will the bid offer spread which also contains such niceties as the dealer’s goodwill and the warranty which should come with the car (worth $6k at a minimum IIRC).

MelbourneCarl and Ferrariski like this.
  16. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Apart from the real wintery months, I will use the F12 (when it is nice/sunny weather), I would say 9 out of 12 months. The only thing I had to change over time was the battery. Maintenance is strictly done at the Ferrari dealership. Nothing else I can comment on, apart from a couple of very small air bubbles below the right back window (as reported in another stream); which was redone under guarantee. As the car is black, I had it given a 7 layer wax coating and since the washing is very easy (black will catch/show dirt quicker).
    So I am still a very happy driver and enjoying every minute I can spend in it and, as I keep it in good condition, it still looks impeccable. Yes I had damaged one of the rims by going to far to the right trying to give space to a tram but that has been repaired.
    Would I want to change anything to the car ... not really. Maybe different rims but that would be it.

Rosey, day355, MelbourneCarl and 3 others like this.
  17. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Fantastic. Although my F12 is gone my 812 has just over 200 miles on it. It's likely I will keep this car for a long time so I may eventually hit as many miles as you. I guess we'll see but I'm glad to hear your car is keeping it together.

Ferrariski likes this.
  18. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    $215K way too high for 27K miles. Would not pay more than $195K and that is “all the money”.

Personally I would buy one with 1/4 the miles for $225K - they are out there.

Good luck!

19. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    High mileage could be a sign of regular normal use coupled with good maintenance, a better bet than an infrequently used low mileage track day / garage queen to my mind. As said before, here in Europe mileage is a fact of life, maintenance is the crucial element.

Make an offer you are happy to pay and leave it on the table until you find another.

20. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    congrats on your 812,can i ask you a question,is 812 a lot better than f12(driving wise at low,medium speed)? which suspension would you say is more rough between the two,if both bumpy mode is pressed,are they soft enough for daily drive

thank you for your time

21. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I think they are both soft enough for daily driving. That being said it's a very personal decision as I have daily driven cars that are much harsher.

The bigger issue is where do you park the thing to keep people away from it when you are shopping/eating etc.

daytona355, otakki and Mike Chawla like this.
  22. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    I fully agree with you 'GameMaker' ... parking the car properly can be a nightmare. When I travel with it (living in EU), I always need to check whether the hotel has a proper and accessible parking, especially in the big cities. Calling them and asking the receptionist is not always a big help as they believe having an underground car park is sufficient to answer the question. Seldom they think about the way the car gets in/out!

otakki and R J like this.
  23. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Yeah, I always research and use things like google street view to check the area out. I tend to just stay in high end places that have good secure parking.

otakki likes this.
  24. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    Not really. Plenty with ff and f12 in Europe with 60k km and counting. Cars are quite solid. 27k literally is barelly run in. If price is right and you have warranty do it.

rockitman and 350MH83 like this.
  25. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    At least most kinks would have been ironed out with a higher mileage car compared to a garage queen.

Hey, life is too short so just drive it and enjoy it. It's not a LE car, and we can't take it with us when we go.

635CSI, tres55 and WilliamB like this.