Book...again | FerrariChat

Book...again

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Bob Parks, Dec 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I thought that I would mention that the book is now on Kindle in full everliving color.

2. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Any plans for an audio book version?

3. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I haven't thought about that but I will look into it. Right now I don't think that the book is something that would warrant something like that. I really don't know what or who would be interested in an audio version. Re the book, I'm in the dark.

4. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Hey Bob, just curious. My parents used to read all the time but now they mostly listen to books on tape in the car. I also like to listen to books while exercising. If a book such as yours is read by the author it is something I would be interested in. I don't know what is involved in publishing an Audio version. It's probably a lot more involved than it needs to be. Still, as you say, it might be worth looking into. With Audio Books listeners can and do search keywords on subjects that they are interested in. Fans of Bio/Memoir type books with an interest in Aviation, Boeing, Sarasota, etc might find and purchase your book.

5. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

No pictures with audio books...

Bob's book is big on pics.

6. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    That's a surprise. I wanted to put more pictures in because I didn't think there was enough. I'll put the rest of them in my next book, I guess. I have many more.

7. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I just finished the book over a relaxing coffee in the afternoon sun today.

I found it fascinating with insights and details of a time and place far away and thoroughly enjoyed every page!

Thank you Bob for taking the time and making the effort to author this book!

8. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  9. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments. You may be interested to know that I'm working with a lady as we speak to do an audio of the book. I plan to do it myself because the costs of having it done by a "voice" is astronomical. I think that I can do okay anyway. So does the lady with whom I'm working. All that I have to do is to acquire the recording equipment and find a clothes closet with a door to seal out extraneous noise.
    Maybe I'll just do it with extraneous noise. I haven't had the access or the funds to do the duty new book promotional exercises so it hasn't had any publicity and I greatly appreciate the fulsome comments. In the literary field it hasn't gone anywhere but if my flyer friends like it, that's good with me. So, soon I'll start on an audio version clearly spoke by ol' Bob. 93 coming up so I had better get on it.

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Bob, your book is awesome. I just finished it not long ago, and I loved it. If you do the audio book, I might have to get that as well.