Need help picking a used F12 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Need help picking a used F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by sl55, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    I have yet to offer but they keep lowering

Now at 215 and I just learned the car already has extended warranty until 2020 not sure what month

I think by being patient with them maybe 205 is possible

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    If it has warranty for 1 more year (give or take), with the options... Just as a reference, posted in another post. Mine was around 415K list with ~3K miles (no CPO warranty) in late December of last year. Paid 245K (included shipping, tinted windows, and full PPF) - and a few minor things including TDF wheels, which would have been 230K without the stuff I added.

215K is a pretty sweet deal.. Few more miles, but not a concern as still very low for a 2014 with very good options. You get to the point on is 5K worth not getting what you want.. I was about 5K off of what I wanted, and it is really not a consideration if this is what options/color/etc. that you want.

Don't let a rounding error in dollars - ruin the fun you will have this summer. Just saying. life is short.

Or wait a year and get similar for 199K.. It is all about time/dollar vs pleasure :)

3. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace

When they say extended warranty - check.. Mine is a 2014, and my 7 year "free" maintenance ends next year late 2020, so I get one more "oil"change free. Make sure they mean full CPO warranty.. Not maintenance but service, which would be about next year for a 2014..

4. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    I do understand the price VS fun, but I bought quite a few cars and some with emotion etc. Now I am at a point where I am more patient and do enjoy the negotiation.

I sold my 650s a few month back and told myself I would not buy any "stupid" cars anymore, I didn't miss the car one bit. I sold the 650s a 360cs and 355 cab/6sp. I just have a S63cab for everyday... I just realized I was really affected (negatively) by the attention.

So those cars don't bring me as much as before, I hope the fact that this car is more "mature", especially in dark grey, and that I will drive it more then my other cars.

But all of this to say I am OK working hard/wait for a better deal.

Thank you for all the feedback -- I am hoping the car will be on its way here in the next few days.

One question: Does Ferrari financial finance to LLC from different state (MT)?

5. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Compared to the UK market, that is a great price. Different market with different supply dynamics etc. In UK dealers asking from GBP £195k to around GBP £214k for a 2014 with less than 9k miles. So around USD 245k to USD 270k before negotiations.

6. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Apparently, the owner of the car made a mistake and there is no warranty -- I assume he was indeed mistaken and was talking about the "free maintenance".

Do you guys know If I don't get the warranty at purchase if I can get it afterwards at my local F dealer?

7. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Yes you can - but beware, there are various levels of warranty.
    There is the 2 year extension after the initial 3 year which is pretty much bumper to bumper but must be taken out before the 3 year expires.
    Then there's the CPO warranty which I think is also pretty comprehensive but the dealer should throw that in at time of purchase.
    Then there's the New Power warranty which can be applied at any time after an inspection and is about $5-6k. This only covers drivetrain and even then, only certain parts of the drivetrain. I had New Power and it didn't cover a failed fuel pump or a broken gearbox override. Others have had weeping head gaskets which aren't covered either. You're better off self-insuring, especially on an F12 where you don't have front gearbox risk like I do on the FF.

8. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Thanks! I will self insure

9. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    The owner says he won’t go below 215k I said 200k

10. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    I hate knowing that in 2 years when I go to trade it at a dealer they will offer me 150k...

One part of me is saying who cares, it’s 10k just get it...

I am going to wait and see

11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    My two cents:

1). It won’t get to $150. Not in 2 years and probably not ever.

2). If the $10,000 is proving to be a durable impasse, it might not be the right car. Normally, the only way I let go of a nickel is to get a better grip, but these damn cars make me lose my complete mind. I rather like that, and when I pull the trigger, it’s because I can’t freaking help myself not to.

YMMV

R J and Solid State like this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Please pass on this car. It appears you enjoy a hard deal more than the ownership of the car itself. With a desire to minimize all cost, register to an LLC for additional cost reduction/avoidance and then worry about resale in two years as well as self insure versus a warranty - I am certain this is not the car for you. No offence intended. Just trying to warn you off of future concern.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  13. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Just to clarify:
    150 would be trade in / dealer buy

As far as the 10k is concerned, I just don’t like overpaying I own / owned a lot of cars
    Please don’t think the 10k is very meaningful financially for me and that therefore this car is not for me
    To put it in perspective I do things even more stupid like flying private (big family with young kids) which is very expensive

I don’t need the car and believe I should pay no more then 200-210 and I am just sticking to it.

I understand how this discussion is not welcome on here for a variety of reason (how much people pay for their car, value of their car, importance and sentimental value of the car etc )

I will stop sharing and discussing $

14. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I get that part, pay what you think you should - no harm or foul on that IMO. We do share prices to ensure all knows what is good, bad, average. So don't take some of the posters comments the wrong way.

I do not think they will go down as far as you say, unless the economy tanks - they have been holding the current value for a few years. Even some high mileage ones are in the 190's wholesale auction. But they could suffer like the 599, which is also a steal for the current price points.

I say get what you want, pay want you want. It's all good :)

15. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Thank you Richard

16. J30022

J30022 Rookie

May 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeff P
    Wonder if the seller is reading these posts!

17. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    LOL

18. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I disagree, I am like you, a hard deal makes me happy!!!! Please keep sharing!

The other poster was polite in what he said, we are adults, I love the opinions!

:)

19. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Yes!

I had a moment of weakness yesterday and offered to meet half way at 207.5, the dealer said sorry the customer's low number is 215K, I emailed him back saying well maybe there is something you guys can do, this is a good offer lets get a deal done. We will see...

I am feeling like one of my kids at a toy store right now, not good, I need to be strong!

richard_wallace likes this.
  20. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Usually time is your best negotiator

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

21. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Absolutely... unfortunately i am weak when it comes to cars

22. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I mean that's why we're all seeking addiction help from a ferrarichat forum haha

23. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Nice! Yes seeking help from my sponsors from fchat

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Just wait.
    And yes, these cars will be $150k some day, esp in economic pull back with will happen, always does.

ChipG likes this.
  25. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    For the 150K comment I just meant that even today a dealer will probably offer 175 as a trade? so 2 years 150 for sure, again as a dealer trade not a retail sale.

DRYHOLE likes this.