Car Storage | FerrariChat

Car Storage

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Doc_K, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    Hey all. I'll be moving back to Oahu any time between October and February with my Girlfriend and I'm going to have more than two cars. We will be in a high rise with 2 allotted parking spaces. I'm sure most of you have houses, but I was hoping for a slim chance that maybe some of you also lived in a high rise? I don't want to store these cars in an outside environment if possible. Do any of you guys store your cars off site or at a nearby place?

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Offsite storage starts at $500 a month, if you can find one. I know a place that charges around $800.

3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Depending on your building, you may find some residents rent their parking space. That can be most convenient but you’ll not likely have an outlet for battery tender.

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  4. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    ^^^ Yep, that's the case in our high rise, too. You might contact the resident manager at your new building and see if he can help you find an extra parking place in your building. Some buildings also have commercial garages that are part of the building garage, and they sometimes have spaces available.

Good luck! Honolulu is a wonderful city; I hope you find happiness here!

5. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    Mahalo! I lived there for four years and definitely miss it. I can't wait to be back!

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  6. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ian, I am in the middle of Waikiki now and have been doing the rental thing for over 2 years now. If you are in Waikiki I can give you the run down on options and cost. Renting a reserved spot in a secure parking garage actually starts less than $200 a month. It just takes some research and poking around to find them. It took me 6 months to acquire 2 spots.

Doc_K likes this.