Testarossa Price Trends | Page 116 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Unfortunately, when it comes to the TR , it’s always based on price. You see it here all the time, really, really good cars are slammed as overpriced. Then a POS comes along with shiny paint and chairs and people go crazy over it.
    Thank you for sharing your story, sorry to hear of your heartache, but I’m not surprised.

BOKE and Zeff like this.
  2. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Nah. Price doesn’t mean quality.

3. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    God forbid logic ever counted :)

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I would agree that price doesn’t equal quality the same way being rich doesn’t mean one is smart.
    Quality , to me, is through receipts from trusted shops or evidence of good self maintenance...the tr world has too much disconnect between selling price vs asking price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MS250 likes this.
  5. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    It’s not logical.

6. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Two days and no posts??? A 1989 on BAT and no comments about it??
    Is everybody ok, please mark yourselves safe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  7. sinkman

sinkman Karting

Oct 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I have an 85 TR and a 2003 6 speed Murcie. Both wonderfully different and both wonderfully involving. I am not a paddle person...

PineChris and Shamile like this.
  8. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #2883 Zeff, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    The real problem is it gets real challenging to find all of those attributes at a cheap price. It can be done but becomes more challenging. If you aren’t worried so much about what you are paying for the car it becomes much easier in most cases to find a good car. That’s not just true of the tr but of any classic or exotic car. I’m not saying just because you spend more you will always get value. Some have way over priced their cars with no records. So we know price doesn’t always dictate what your getting. I’m just saying it makes it easier for you to be able to select from a wider range of cars. Some that may be high in price given the market but have all the attributes that everyone is looking for such as what you described. If your not willing to spend as much it becomes more and more challenging as the pool of cars is small and the sellers asking prices are mostly out of wack with their true value.

xplodee likes this.
  9. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Anyone want to take a stab at ending price for the current TR on BaT?

I’m gonna say $88k and not sure if it sells or not. If the gods are feeling good, $93-96k. I think the new interior/paint and 34k miles will hurt it a bit despite the $46k in recent services, which some may find a bit odd anyway.

I’d rather one with long term history of maintenance versus all in one go. We all know some work has to be tweaked after some miles in order to be perfect

10. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I was wrong, it sold at $82k. The “stories” about the car popped up in the comments at the end. Not a bad buy to someone who doesnt care about such things, but not my style

11. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
  12. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Well the article said one thing I agree with totally. “Testarossa captures attention like few other machines on the road.” I think the values they stated are close to being accurate. But again buyers have to still be willing to pay more in some cases to get access to more cars that are available for sale at any one time. Or you have to be extremely patient and wait for the right car and deal. It will just depend upon each individual buyers needs. The price variance should not be that big of a deal if you really want a nice example. We’ve all been saying that because prices are lower than they were, now is a great time to buy and negotiate for the best price. That opportunity will likely not be there forever. Because of that I think many are trying to buy a tr right now rather than wait and see.

xplodee, Shamile and ferralc like this.
  13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    it is a great time to buy i agree i know i wont sell mine for what hagerty says value and i know u would not sell ur 512 for what they think it is.find the best tr for best price

Zeff likes this.
  14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I know of a 92 512 tr white on blk with records 20k miles sold for 215 k recently

Zeff likes this.
  15. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I would like to see more specifics of this sale.

16. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    was that '92 white on black 512 the car at Ferrari Westlake in Thousand Oaks, CA? They've had that car forever. I sat in it back in October 2017. They were asking $279K at the time. It is beautiful!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  17. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
  18. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Part of a car collection that included a 360 Challenge Stradale (mine now), the 512 TR and an Alfa 8C. Owner is liquidating these "common" cars for more specialized offerings.

Parnelli likes this.
  19. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    It must be fun being a rich guy

JPMD likes this.
  20. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    ChipG, xplodee and blkdiablo33 like this.
  21. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Blasphemy!

22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Zeff likes this.
  23. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No that car is still for sale on consignment. They did lower the price right after I complained to them about their pricing by phone.

24. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    How do you like the new exhaust?

25. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I absolutely love it! Admittedly it took a few days to get used to the fact that it is as loud as it is. But I’m over that now :)