360 - Wife mode (F1 auto) issue | FerrariChat

360 Wife mode (F1 auto) issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by FantasiaForest, Jun 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FantasiaForest

Feb 22, 2019
    Jacksonville Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe C Rudkin Ii
    2000 360 F1 52% cluth life, fluids all correct , Ive owned for a month now. I aways drive in manual/sports mode no problem. My wife wanted me to get this in F1 over stick so she could drive it also. She drove it for the first time this weekend and sometimes from a stop when she starts it wont shift from 1st to 2nd and starts bucking. I took it out of sports mode and it still randomly does this. I can NOT recreate this when I drive in auto mode. I think it is something she is doing the way shes pressing the accelerator pedal that makes it want to rev high without shifting but she says she's not doing anything different. I did verify that the car is not switching into manual mode from a stop is in auto mode every time this happens. Any idea what she is doing wrong or what could be causing it not to shift from 1st to 2nd?

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    She may not be keeping her foot depressed as if she was about to manual change gears ...very common

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I would say to keep your foot on the gas for a little longer as well until it upshifts.

That’s the one thing with F1 is in order to operate it correctly you need to treat it exactly like you would a manual car. So if one doesn’t know how to drive a manual car it can be a rough and pricey ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billy.gif likes this.
  4. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Same thing has happened to me when I first got my f1 spider no matter how I handle the accelerator pedal. I finally bled and readjust the pis value and all is well. It’s been 5 years and 4K miles so far.

5. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Easy solution, show her how to flick the paddles. 360 shifts are horrendous in AUTO. Similar to the Speedshift from Aston.

6. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I let a young lady drive my 360 this AM in AUTO mode. Yep; she needed to give it a bit more throttle to force the upshift. I also think she was understandably a bit nervous/hesitant so it came off as a bit jerky. Didn't affect her smile though.

7. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Honestly, I’m glad my wife has no interest in driving any exotics, heck she won’t even drive my ram 2500 Laramie longhorn because it “costs too much”, however my wife has what I like to call a bone density issue in her right foot. I think she would scare the p-waddens out of me, since she does a fairly good job of that in our mini van a G6. You are a braver man then I am OP. Of course your wife probably doesn’t suffer from right footitis either.

8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Simulated Automatic mode is horrible. I used mine once and never again.

Show her how to use the paddle shifters.
    Keep the gas pedal depressed during shifting.
    Never let go of the gas pedal unless you want to stop the car.

And as mentioned, its worth having the PIS setting checked.