FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 25 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Would really love to see Max in the Ferrari. Charles obviously has skill but is still on a learning curve. I don't think he will ever be as good as Max. Vettal....

2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    As I stated above Ferrari should appeal-and they are. Good.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

They are completely different sports, and I am not sure comparisons are valid.

I follow both, BTW.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  4. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Did Vettel leave a "cars space" between himself and Hamilton? Earlier, you wrote that there was a car's space between himself and Hamilton.

Do you stand by that statement?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  5. csmjr91090

csmjr91090 Rookie

May 18, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    You have to be joking. Vettel caught a snap of oversteer on entry into the corner and the back then stepped out on him. There was nothing he could do at that point. As Nigel Mansell said, "...he was a passenger". Its miraculous he even saved it and he had only one place to go, which was back on to the racing line. Had he cut to the left, he risked hitting the wall or spinning out in the marbles. He gave Lewis space and moved to the left once he was safely back on the racing line, giving Lewis even more space. If Lewis was in such danger of hitting Vettel, why didn't he lock the tires? That would have been a true reactionary move.

Vettel surprised Hamilton and caught him off-guard as Lewis surely thought Vettel binned it and was done for. The only person who acted "spoiled" was the one moaning for a penalty. That's childish.

Picchu88, stavura, classic308 and 2 others like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If you think that any stewards decision is to favour another competitor, the basic principle of the sport itself is untainable.

We have to get away from knee-jerk reactions, and reason like adults.

The stewards can only enforce rules that have been brought in the sport to make it fairer: they don't make these rules !

If there was no guidelines, F1 would soon end up in a "free-fo-all" demolition derby.

ATBNM3 and werewolf like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep.

To anyone not understanding this, when you next see a field (with nothing to hit in), take you car at say 30mph and try and brake/steer. See how little grip you have.

Now imagine that with tyres that have zero grip, at 4x higher speed.

Every single racing driver I've seen commenting on this are all appalled and angry by the FIA decision. Even F1 champions...The FIA got it completely wrong. Anyone defending this hasn't got a clue.

I urge everyone to watch the movie Sully, about the airplane that went into the Hudson and everyone survived. The FAA lawyers are trying to blame the Captain, because, according to impossible rules, he could've turned round and landed. The pilot argues that the human factor is not considered in this. When the FAA runs the simulator with an acceptable human reaction factored in, the plane crashes into places where it'll result in many deaths.

Vettel is the pillot in this regard. He hasn't got the time to work out all the rules and by-laws, look in the (impossible to see in) mirrors to see where Lewis may or may not be, all in a split second whilst trying to keep the car from crashing into the walls and spinning.

Lewis was not attacking Vettel, Vettel lost time going off track, a slam dunk case for ''no advantage gained''. As for unsafely rejoining the track, he had no choice in where the car would be.

635CSI and Picchu88 like this.
  8. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Who's to blame for Vettel losing control, putting all 4 tires in the grass ... and re-joining in an out-of-control car?

Hamilton?
    The stewards?

Why does Vettel behave as if none of that happened? Or ... worse yet ... as if none of that even matters?

Anyone who thinks Vettel was "entitled" the victory, is beyond clueless.

Drive550PFB, ATBNM3 and lagunacc like this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    For all the Lewis-fanboys who constantly told us that we have no clue when it comes to Lewis and that one can only trust those who actually raced in F1...
    I will leave this to you as you think the penalty was deserved:
    https://wtf1.com/post/racing-drivers-and-pundits-are-in-near-unanimous-disagreement-with-vettels-penalty/?fbclid=IwAR1EsBU9CdrvIwuclWO2oa_DFexd-opwa4QCunkaDBLVf5lpJ-pTkEscnoI

I wonder whether you now tell us that you have no clue because only the one actually raced can judge... for some reasons I guess it will not happen and I am looking forward why this is something completely different, like "apples and oranges" ;)

10. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    No complaints from Vettel about Ferrari ruining Leclerc's races.

Multi21

ATBNM3 likes this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And why do these rules only apply to some but not to others??? Tell us....

12. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    TERRIBLE analogy.

Did a flock of birds cause Vettel to lose control? I must have missed that part :rolleyes:

Vettel himself is certainly taking NO responsibility for losing control in the first place, so i do recognize the sentiment. And if he can't process 3 or 4 decisions each second of a race ... every race ... he has no business behind the wheel of an F1 car.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  13. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Need fair application of said rules.

https://wtf1.com/post/racing-drivers-and-pundits-are-in-near-unanimous-disagreement-with-vettels-penalty/?fbclid=IwAR1EsBU9CdrvIwuclWO2oa_DFexd-opwa4QCunkaDBLVf5lpJ-pTkEscnoI

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep, alot of tweets from former F1 drivers, as I have seen, regarding this "ridiculous" penalty.

stavura likes this.
  15. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Why than didn't Ham just pass Vettel ?

stavura and chrixxx like this.
  16. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Love Mario Andretti’s tweet. Let them race!

zygomatic, jgonzalesm6 and csmjr91090 like this.
  17. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    If the faster guy always passes, easily, why are some drivers ordered by the team to pull-over for their team-mate?

Being faster, and easily passing, are 2 very different things.

Nonetheless ... Hamilton got right beside Vettel, even though Vettel went off-track to short the turn. Otherwise, why would Vettel have pushed Hamilton off-track?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I'm not gonna repeat myself.

We understand Seb made a mistake going into the grass. Most of us accept that.

It's the recovery and leaving a cars space(and more) between himself, Lewis, and the wall when rejoining on the track.

Mark(study) likes this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    +1

chrixxx likes this.
  20. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    So, you're still saying that Vettel left a car's space between himself and Hamilton, when he rejoined. Got it!

Further, can you please show me the statement from Vettel himself, where he accepts responsibility for losing control, putting all 4 tires in the grass, and re-joining in an out-of-control car? So far, i've heard Vettel himself accepting responsibility for exactly none of this. All i've heard, is crying that "he won" ...

ATBNM3 and lagunacc like this.
  21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ferrari has reported to the FIA their intention to appeal the sanction to Vettel.
    Ferrari has 96 hours to formalize the appeal and present new evidence....if they have them.

22. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Seb was not out of control at the time Ham was off the track trying to pass. Any movement by Seb at that point was a legitimate block.

23. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Not accurate. Hamilton braked and steered off-track, to avoid contact with an out-of-control car.

ATBNM3 and ricksb like this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Time is on my side....I will respond accordingly if and when the opportunity presents itself.

I will say this, the responsibility that he has accepted is him saying he avoided a collision....far worse than this so-called "penalty".

25. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    YES! Vettel himself avoided the collision ... by Hamilton braking and steering off-track! Now that's taking some real responsibility, Vettel !!!

The simple facts are : Vettel lost control all by himself, Vettel put all 4 tires in the grass all by himself, and Vettel re-joined in an out-of-control car. Hamilton avoided the collision, by braking and steering off-track.

But ... but ... Vettel won!

Amazing.

ATBNM3 and lagunacc like this.