MY HERO | FerrariChat

MY HERO

Discussion in 'F1' started by ginoBBi512, May 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    "At the moment we are driving in a very boring Formula 1 time. Five years ago it was better. I think this Formula 1 boring time will continue until [the Concorde Agreement] is over in 2020, and we will have to cope with it. It's not going in the right direction. It's going downwards. People are less and less interested. Not because the racing is boring. The whole attraction of Formula 1 is gone."

Niki Lauda RIP

2. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Couldn’t agree more Ferrari and F1 being my passion..

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yeah, Haven't watched a race this season. Just checking results when I wake up. Not worth waking up to be disappointed for the rest of the day because Ferrari didn't do well.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Root for another team.

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Ha!

GuyIncognito likes this.
  6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    1 pole, 2 fast laps, 4 podiums and 2nd in the constructor's points after six races; it's not a total disaster.

a few smarter strategy calls and better reliability and they'd be giving Mercedes a run for their money.

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Unfortunately I hear it's a little more than just that.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Car is fundamentally flawed. Fast laps are late and tire generated. In Monaco ability to pass limited so gifted podium. It’s less than ideal and points wise it’s a glaring deficit early!!

daytona355, kandi and Bas like this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep, it's a lot worse than that...

The cars aerodynamic concept is not the strongest and the thinner walled Mercedes spec tyres leaves Ferrari and Red Bull with warming issues....whilst for Mercedes they are perfect.

If Ferrari could get the tyre in the right window that would be a great improvement and with it's fantastic engine, we could challenge at certain tracks.

But the Aerodynamic concept and it's limitations are not easily changed....it's not a case of putting on some Mercedes style wings and go. It won't work. It's hte whole concept that needs changing and that will take so long, it'll be far too late.

If Red Bull was stronger and Mercedes/Red Bull took points of each other every race, Ferrari had a slim chance.

10. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Williams need all the help they can get :)

375+, stavura, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awwww Chas, it’s just not that simple buddy.... the cars look nice, the drivers talk the talk, but then they turn the key, there’s a puff of dust, and then they slowly circulate, hoping not to lose a place or two, till the end.... there’s no fight, no race, no excitement in f1 this season. The cars design is totally and utterly flawed, and even a great engine can’t count for much if you can’t hold the poser down through the twisty bits!

Forza Ferrari

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Maybe in 2017 or 2018 however in 2019 a distant second is far from encouraging.

13. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #13 teak360, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    I got to watch Lauda race at Long Beach. I also got to sit at Queen's Hairpin and watch Gilles Villeneuve do power-slides on exit in the Ferrari, his rear tire kissing the concrete barrier.
    I knew at the time it was great, I just didn't know how great.

14. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Not to mention the cars sound like **** compared to years past.