FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 26 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I’m not blaming Merc/Lewis. Them complaining about Seb rejoining the track in an unsafe fashion is certainly valid.

Pirro not acknowledging that Vet had nowhere really to go without risking a crash is ridiculous. I thought he had a fantastic save and props to Ham for avoiding an accident. The stewards needed to show common sense here

lagunacc and sampelligrino like this.
  2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If he would have been out of control he would have hit the wall!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, jcurry and csmjr91090 like this.
  3. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    So Vettel was in control, when he pushed Hamilton off the track?

ATBNM3 and lagunacc like this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He did not push Lewis of the track, he just closed the door that was open due to his off. Lewis was NOT next to Seb!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Picchu88, stavura, daytona355 and 4 others like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    @crinoid

The stewards in Canada.

Gerd Ennser (GER)
    Emanuele Pirro (ITA)
    Mathieu Remmerie (BEL)
    Mike Kaerne (CAN)

crinoid and Nortonious like this.
  6. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I know he drove in F1, not sure he raced.
    Not ticked at anyone other than FIA and the stewards. Understand the Hamboys wanting their man to win, but I lean towards the very pro Hammy team at SKY and Mario, Mansell and Webber’s take, ie; not worth a penalty. But who cares about the race when you need to prove your worth as a steward. Why consider those who got up early, dragged their carcasses to the track, sat out in the sun for hours and paid top dollar for souvenirs, tickets, hotels, airfare, parking and meals. For 99% of them the expense is worth it to attend one race this year. But Pirro and friends couldn’t allow a race to follow through to completion without having fans acknowledge their expertise. Better to interject a ruling affecting the outcome during the race rather than determine if a penalty occurred afterwards to allow fans to enjoy what they PAID for. Abominable, a true disgrace by those who made the call.

fil, Picchu88, stavura and 6 others like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    +1 Izzy

daytona355 and Nortonious like this.
  8. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    +1
    This post should be emailed to all at the
    FIA headquarters.....!

daytona355 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  9. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Who ?
    Yeah, him
    Who ?
    Who?

Titans, LOL.

stavura, Nortonious and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Didn't watch it live ,just seen a replay .

Ok Vettel lost it entering the turn, got on the grass,tried to maintain some control then just as he got back on the tarmac he made a large very definate input to the right on the wheel...question to me is was this just to counter the back end oversteering sliding to the right or an attempt to block Lewis to maintain the lead,or a combination of the two?

Ferrari will have all the data to determine this,as it is not possible to call it visually.MB will have their data too on Lewis' car.

In either case i think the Stewards were a bit harsh,even if technically correct according to FIA 'rules'. They made the call so let's see what happens on appeal.i think it may get overturned due to the massive outcry from virtually every corner, F1 has enough problems already .

After the race the toys came out again, as in Baku ,that is unfortunate,yes it's great to see some emotion for once ,who is to say we would not do the same or worse.

Yep been put on the grass racing single seaters ,last time was years ago exiting the old Woodcote, spun all the way down to the bridge and came to a halt on the bit of tarmac just before it (pure luck).F3.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  11. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    To be fair, during the Schumacher/Brawn/Montezemolo era, and certainly at times with the Old Man himself, Ferrari had an advantage when dealing with the bossmen of F1, in no small part due to the tremendous glamor and marketing draw of the Ferrari mystique.

But I think there is no doubt Toto and Mercedes have that today. Toto called in a HIT in Vettel today, and his man in the tower shot the arrow and hit his target.

12. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    BS. The car was not out of control. At that point the path was on the racing line, but slower than Ham due to the prior recovery. Ham got caught going outside off-track and had to back off.

fil, stavura, Isobel and 1 other person like this.
  13. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX

Dummkopf
    Idiota
    Idiot
    Idiot

stavura, daytona355 and Isobel like this.
  14. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #639 zygomatic, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    On a completely other topic: anyone catch our friend Guenther telling Kevin Magnussen to shut up when Magnussen was complaining about the car during the race? (This, of course after his mechanics stayed up all night putting the car back together after Magnussen checked to make sure the track retaining walls were still strong enough)

I’ve got to admit: I like the way he manages. Too bad we can’t get him on the other end of Lewis’ radio

stavura, 05011994, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    There is no point having stewards if you question their competence, IMO.

This penalty is about track limits, IMO, and drivers who retain or gain advantage going beyond them.

Going off track should incur a penalty, or there is no point having track limits.

Drivers don't argue with walls, but consider that going in the grass should be done without impunity.

16. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    No. It's as reasonable of an analogy as any.

Let's just hope for an avenue of appeal.

Bas likes this.
  17. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Good.

stavura, daytona355 and Nortonious like this.
  18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Anyone's competence should be called into question when necessary. This case meets everyone's definition of necessary, IMO.

fil, Bas, stavura and 2 others like this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Blaming your car or your team on the air is never very clever, that's for sure, and both Haas drivers need to learn some etiquette, IMO.

Personally I don't think pit-to-car communications should be broadcasted.

I don't think it's necessary.

zygomatic likes this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The stewards should have to answer for their décisions to the FIA, not to the mob or journalists, or social media.

There are sporting authorities within the FIA to deal with that, even a tribunal to hear interested parties.

The trouble, these days, is that everyone thinks he is an expert.

ATBNM3 and lagunacc like this.
  21. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Vettel complained that he had no traction, from grass on his tires .... aka "out of control".

Even Vettel himself disagrees with you.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  22. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    But it was OK for Hamilton to enter the pit entry and pass the Bullard to cross over wet grass while actively raining and enter the track at the German GP last year when it was in clear violation of the sporting regulations “because he did it in a safe manner” by explanation...... Lewis himself knew it was a direct violation and immediately asked “are we in trouble”. You already have a tire manufacturer making tire choices for a dominant team and now stewards applying rules when convenient, what a mess. Admittedly I am a Ferrari fan, but Ferrari is making plenty of mistakes on their own to get mugged like this. Painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Wrong. Having reduced traction does not equal out of control. Vettel said his move to the right was a block.

24. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Yeah posts 294-296 + 300 ;). Need him at Ferrari.

zygomatic likes this.