Do you track your 3X8? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do you track your 3X8?

Discussion in '308/328' started by eyeman1234, Jul 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  2. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
  3. luckydynes

luckydynes F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    CA and OR
    Full Name:
    pit bull
    eyeman1234 likes this.
  4. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    eyeman1234 and can't surf like this.
  5. MFlanagan

MFlanagan Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    miketuason and eyeman1234 like this.
  6. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    I tracked my 328GTS from 1992 to 1997 in the Southeast. In 1996 I bought 944 Porsche turbo, put $5K go fast parts in it and tracked it from 1997 through 2012 putting right at 100 events on it. Both are now semi-daily drivers. My 328 only comes out when it is not wet. However, back in the early 90's I attended a DE at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the latter part of the year. It snowed heavily on my way back to east Tennessee. I was really happy with the way the 328 handled in the snow.

eyeman1234 likes this.
  7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I used to track my car - but not any more... couple of reasons:

1. Cost of prep and wear and tear - usually needed new pads and or flush & Fill with brake fluid, and then oil etc.
    2. No need to push a 30 year old car any more - when you will be the SLOWEST out there with all the newer cars
    3. Many in the FCA don't do track meets - so expensive etc...
    4. I run go Karts now - way WAY more fun... WAY WAY WAY less expensive when something goes wrong and lots of competition.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. AaronMeisner

AaronMeisner Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2014
    Baltimore MD USA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Meisner
    If you attend one of the FCA Annual Experience events, a series of track days is always included in the offerings. And what you see on track is basically everything. It's actually very cool to experience your Ferrari in what I would call its "natural environment." Enzo didn't build these cars so you could wax it and impress the valet guy.

Having said that, track driving isn't really racing. You drive your car in a way that feels safe to you and the event organizers. Most of us aren't too interested in expensive damage. The images at the beginning of this thread show mostly legit racing cars--mostly rally cars. (Technically there is no track involved in a rally, anyway.)

An FCA track days also allows you to get some in-car instruction. Driving is like making love: every guy thinks he's good at it. Driving your performance car in a controlled environment with a trained instructor is a great way to learn about the capabilities of your car as well as your own skills and limitations. I would stress that while track driving is harder on brakes and tires than inching along in traffic to the cars and coffee lot, a few spirited laps of your local track isn't outside the design limitations of any properly maintained Ferrari.

9. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

Regards
    David