Finally . . . | FerrariChat

Finally . . .

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by klinkman, Jun 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 klinkman, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    My 812 Superfast came in today.

I like subtle — as subtle as you can get with a Ferrari — so I did Argento over Cuoio. I chose this paint color because of the way light hits it, I love the way the color gradation accentuates the lines.

The look is not loud, no big contrasts, no red or yellow calipers, just simple and elegant. Rims match the paint well, tail pipes and stitching too. The on-line build tools didn't do justice to the color and rim combo, it's superb.

School was getting out when I drove out of the dealership, you could hear s murmur swell through the crowd of kids walking down the street as I rolled up to the stop light.

“I like your Ferrari, MAN!”

Thumbs up, kid. Me too.

This is an amazing car, refined, elegant, lusty.

I count my blessings to have one of my life’s goals satisfied.

Photos need more diffuse light, but I wanted to get some up on delivery day. :)

Life is good.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    jesus to die for - well done!!

klinkman likes this.
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Love it!

klinkman likes this.
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Big congrats, love the interior and Argento goes well in the sun.

klinkman likes this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Looks tremendous. Nicely done. Enjoy.

klinkman likes this.
  6. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Spectacular..

klinkman likes this.
  7. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Congratulation! she s a beauty

klinkman likes this.
  8. francescaoscar

Jun 11, 2014
    Uk
    Awesome looking spec and colour. I can imagine how excited you must be . I’m picking mine up in 3 weeks and 1 day and cannot wait. I went for the darker silverstone but love Argento too. Sad to ditch my F12 but could only ever have replaced with the amazing 812

klinkman and of2worlds like this.
  9. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Those are some really sexy curves!!!!

klinkman likes this.
  10. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    #10 bluesea, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Nicely done! Your choice of black calipers go a long way to toning down the look and the silver paint and wheels, while bright, don't shout out more than other sporty cars on the road. Congrats!

As you're in Silicon Valley, you might consider Premier Protective Films in Fremont if you're going to add clearbra. They just did a full wrap on my 812. They can do the complete hood without stretching their film. They've done numerous cars of mine and they always look great over the years.

klinkman, of2worlds and Way2fast like this.
  11. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Stunning combination. Looks truly amazing.

12. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    stunning! I love that you kept the paddles in aluminum although you got the carbon steering wheel. I like the cold feel of aluminum! great spec, I love the wheels and how they go well with the Argento under the harsh sun.

klinkman likes this.
  13. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Great color, sets off the lines of the 812 nicely! Enjoy her!

klinkman likes this.
  14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Great combo, great car, well done

15. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #15 deltona, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    The first 812 is saw in the flesh was Argento N at Silverstone a couple of summers ago. I thought it looks fantastic and showed the lines so well.

Congrats and enjoy!!!

16. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    Well Done. Love the interior.

klinkman likes this.
  17. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Gorgeous! Very tasteful and classy!

klinkman likes this.
  18. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks everyone for the comments, really nice. I wondered a bit about this combo -- when you're making a commitment like this you don't want to make a mistake. The FC community is the most knowledgeable about these cars, so appreciate everyone's views.

My biggest surprise so far is in comparison to my 488 Spider. The 812 so far seems more comfortable, more refined, more familiar. The 488 is stunning to look at, but it was a bit more persnickety, more raw - not in power deliver or handling, but in, I don't know, feel. It was sort of unfamiliar even though I own other mid engine cars. It was a bit of a concern to maneuver at low speeds, difficult to gauge where the corners were, a bit disquieting with a quick lane change, it had a seemingly tighter cockpit and smaller displays -- at least that's my perception so far. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the 488, it is an amazing car, it's just different.

Getting into the 812 is like putting on your favorite jeans. Seat belts are right where they should be, the view out over the long hood is like some muscle cars from my youth. The mechanical whine of the starter and the exhaust burble at start up, wow, you know you're having a unique experience. I like the blue LEDS on the steering wheel too -- just different from the 488. Turn the manitino up and the gear shifts just pop. But I'll need more seat time to really expose the heart and soul of this car, the real reason I wanted THIS car, the V12.

I was also surprised at how few of these there are around. Yesterday the dealer told me they get one about every other month, so they've delivered less than 10 to this area since they became available. In an exotic car rich area like silicon valley and the Monterey penninsula, you're way more likely to see mid engine F-cars, McLarens, Lambos, and R8s (along with the ever present Porsches, Z06s, GT-Rs, P100Ds, AMG and M cars etc). I've only seen one other 812 and that was at the dealer, the first car they delivered.

My only complaint to this moment is I can't quite get the seat back far enough, I need another inch or so (hey, don't we all? :) But I think I need to play with the controls some more.

Anyway, it's an amazing car. If anyone is fence sitting on pulling the trigger on this one, I wouldn't hesitate.

19. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Sweet, glad you are enjoying it. And yes, they don't sell that many of them so it's pretty darn exclusive. Not why I bought the car but it's pretty nice to have one of a few in the area.

klinkman likes this.
  20. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Today from outside the car I just made sure the seat bottom was dropped all the way down, then powered it all the way back. It's fine now, perfect in fact.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    My 812 arrives soon after a more than two year wait. Can’t wait for it to arrive now. I have a few plans for it this summer (hopefully!) Enjoy yours, though it looks like you don’t need any prompting to do that!

22. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    great combo for sure and the car is beautiful... i've been struggling between selling the 458 spider which i love, but as i get older, ha (43) im looking for more comfort...

of2worlds and klinkman like this.
  23. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    beautiful.

Argento is one of the nicest colors from the Ferrari palette.

R J and klinkman like this.
  24. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Absolutely gorgeous tail lights I love that red ring and the silver!!!

klinkman likes this.