488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 191 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  2. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  3. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  4. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
  5. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  6. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  7. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I'm not sure I can get over how wide the livery is on the spider. I specced mine with the coupe stripe. I have some time during which I can still change back to the spider stripe. A bit torn.

of2worlds and dustman like this.
  8. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    I agree. Personally I think it's colour dependent - I went with argento nurburgring with a blu america stripe. However, I think red with a dark blue stripe maybe too much. I had a red coupe on order before being offered the spider... I changed it to argento specifically because of the stripe.

To me it would be a shame not to have the spider stripe on the spider. I initially thought the 458 speciale aperta stripe looked too much - but over the years (and I think partly due to the rarity) it has really drown on me - it's the special thing that sets it apart.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    And that is the part I am struggling with. It's like putting the Scuderia stripe on a 16M. It loses some of the uniqueness of having the spider.

On the other hand, I loved the 458SA stripe, especially those that cover the entire rear wing.

But this stripe is just so wide. I wonder if you also covered the wing with the outside color of the stripe, the stripe itself would not be so overbearing.

I have a red car on order. Right now my stripe is black in the middle and Argento Metalizzato on the edges. I'm afraid that's going to look somewhat clownish, much like the red car above. Perhaps the thing to do is to go with a darker silver like Argento Nurburgring.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Always tough to know what it will be like from the renders. My car is at status 70 and I am going to be in Maranello on 24 - 28June - my dealer said I should be able to see it then. Not sure I'll be able to take photos but happy to report on how I think it turned out - might see a few other combo's whilst I am there.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'd go with your gut on this and break the mold. I also can't stand the wide stripe - ruins the whole car imo - and if given allocation for spider would ditch it in a heart beat for the regular coupe striping along with the coupe wheels. Just because the spider is associative to the wide stripe means nothing particularly when it genuinely screws up the look. Dare to be different! Love love love to see a spider with the coupe stripe and wheels!!! Do it!!

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  12. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Interestingly I don't think anyone else in QLD is going the standard spider stripe.