2019 24 Hours of LeMans | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2019 24 Hours of LeMans

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jgonzalesm6, Apr 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Naaaahhh...just LMP 1s & 2s with 2 classes of GTs. (Actually, 'guarantee the P1s would be quicker at LM than Indy cars with more power, slipperier, and more downforce) Nothing new....'always has been this way in 4 diff classes on an 8 mile circuit. ;)

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    The Audi LMP1 was nearly 2 seconds faster around COTA than an Indycar so yes, they'd be much faster than around Le Mans...

IndyCar doesn't share the track with Formula Ford (though maybe they should? :eek:)

and yes, nothing new. but always eye opening, to me at least.

3. I hear ya, but I've been a fan of endurance racing since the early 60's and it's (the discrepancy and challenge of multi classes) just the way it is to me. My two drives in the Daytona 24 many a moon ago are definitely my bestus experiences.... ;)

Indy cars and FFs on ovals (even road courses for that matter) would be ugly. :shiver & shake:

Maybe Indy cars and Lites on road courses could work.:)

I can tell ya, I know what I'm doing two weekends from now. 'Haven't been over there yet to attend live but I don't miss a drop if I can help it 'tween TV and comp.... :)

chrixxx, Devilsolsi and GuyIncognito like this.
  4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

I would love to see the Indycars and BMW M8 on track together.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  5. Reeealy curious......a mixed bag? o_O
    Indy cars vs GT? :(
    Formula vs saloon? :rolleyes:
    Banana vs. cantelope? :confused:
    'Love 'em all but, to what end? ;)

:)

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    It's all fun and games until some wankers like Rob Kauffman and Michael Waltrip get to race alongside professionals
    like Mike Rockenfeller.

It was documented at the time that Kauffman and Waltrip's laps times in the Ferrari were 19 seconds off the pace of the
    GT AM class leaders and posed a significant danger to other drivers which the ACO failed to act upon and this is what
    happened...

BHW

Hawkeye, GuyIncognito and G. Pepper like this.
  7. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    #57 Turbopanzer, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    All right gentlemen ..... we has passed the stage of "we play fair" racing. The "Fredless 500" has passed. It is now time for the real thing. 24 hours of sheer heaven awaits us this weeekend. Who will it be? Will our fallen hero redeem himself and make it two for two with the kids from Toyota? Will Rebellion surprise us all? Can the braintrust at Ford bring home another or will the Prancing Horse make us all proud? Do the folks at GM and its Corvette show everyone how its done? And last but certainly not least, will the crew of beer drinkers from Stuttgart remind us all that this is just another day at the races for them?

Ok....the polls are now open. You got till start time. Line up guys! Who takes pole? Fastest lap ? Dark Horse? It is time to celebrate our favorite time of year. Lemans is here !

chrixxx likes this.
  8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The bigger question is how are we in the U.S. going to be able to watch the event on TV or live streaming?

I keep hearing about Motor Trend network but so far have seen no evidence of this network what so ever.

BHW

9. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania

Here's what's on their web site - click on Saturday and Sunday:

https://watch.motortrend.com/schedule

10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

MotorTrend is the re-branded Velocity Channel (part of Discovery). For me on Verizon Fios it is channel 631.

11. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Radio LeMans is your friend ! :p

lorenzobandini likes this.
  12. Indeedy-deedy-dooo! :) (if only without the BoP.....:()

13. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yes, RLM will be activated here for sure.

Seems to me there is/was a live streaming channel on YouTube as well.

I've reached out to Motor Trend and unsurprisingly, no response. Since when did
    Motor Trend ever give two ****s about racing?

BHW

14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Back in the Speedvision days everything was perfect. You had the Mondial show with highlights of every series, all the good stuff was covered, then they changed it to Speed Channel and it was 90% NASCAR and NHRA. That's when I stopped watching. Nobody has ever fixed it. It just keeps getting worse. Motor Trend has always been a boring mag anyway. What did you expect?

of2worlds likes this.
  15. There never was a "fix" intended. Motor Trend has nothing to do with good ol' Speedvision. MT is just a renamed Velocity. Speedvision evolved into Fox Sports 1 (& 2). ;)
    I'm just glad MT's covering the whole dang thing. :)

Brief Speedvision > FS1 history:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_(American_cable_network)

Velocity > MT:
    https://deadline.com/2018/04/discovery-rebrands-velocity-motor-trend-network-1202361557/

of2worlds and G. Pepper like this.
  16. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Does anyone know who Motor Trend is using for broadcasters? I can't find much information anywhere. Would be awesome if they just used RLM.

17. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Since Chinetti was the founder and driving force behind NART for essentially its entire history I think Risi's "Liberty" is tolerable.

18. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  19. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    MotorTrend On Demand is showing free practice at 945 this morning. I make no guarantees on what the broadcast will be like, but often it's the euro stream.

I've been a multi year subscriber (never had the broadcast version or velocity before).

sjd

20. I've posted numerous occasions on FC but I guess on blind eyes. ('Like the people in charge and it's accurate so I don't mind pluugin' 'em).

Once more: http://www.tvracer.com/

21. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    MotorTrend TV - the former Velocity Channel, the former Speed Channel, channel number 1235 for HD on Spectrum Cable in my part of Florida - has flag to flag, all 24 hours, coverage starting at 8:00 AM Eastern on Saturday. My TiVo will record all of it just in case I fall asleep at some point.

And Mrs. Rosso is off visiting her parents this weekend, so I fully expect to be rather smelly and sleep deprived by Sunday afternoon.

22. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Better than rather sleepy & smell deprived. Or something like that. :D

23. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Does this mean Dopey and Grumpy will be making an appearance on Monday? :p

24. Stifle yourself Edit'..... :p

(btw, I'll be knockin' at your door 7:00 a.m. Sat. Time enuff to tilt a couple back while you edumacate me on the Cossie starting procedure 'afore the start.
    Oh, okay, one o' these days then.....:D)