2019 488: Before and After | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2019 488: Before and After

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FordGTDriver, Mar 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Wow! Massive improvement. Makes the car look so much better. Congrats, you are obviously a man of discerning taste!

I guess the most important question is, how do YOU like them?

2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    sorry to repost, but am interested in YOUR thoughts on 675LT vs 488 ?

3. FordGTDriver

Jun 9, 2007
    BJK,

That is an interesting question, and one that I wish I could devote a few pages to...here's a very short version:

The 675LT is probably among the best all around sports cars that I have ever owned. Agile, incredibly quick, and very well engineered. The chassis rigidity on the McLaren is second to none. If I could have only one car, the 675LT would be at the very top of my list.

I far prefer the engine of the 488 to that of the LT, it just feels more robust and has MUCH more personality than the Ricardo built unit in the McLaren. I also like the Ferrari design language, both interior and exterior, when compared to the somewhat sterile McLaren.

If I had to choose between them today, I'd choose the 488 for street use. If I were a track junkie, the McLaren is the easy choice.

of2worlds and BJK like this.
  4. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    I agree that they are a massive improvement to the car. They make the car look slightly more compact if you will between the wheels. The stock slab rockers that I had on the car were the painted "sport" rockers and they made the car look cheap. The carbon enriches the look by quite a bit. There was a slight imperfection in the carbon weave on the passenger side, but only noticeable a one angle if you look closely. I made mention of it to Nicolo at Sforza, but had not gotten a response. Overall I am very happy with the product, the paint match, the fit, all top notch.

jyupitt likes this.
  5. FordGTDriver

Jun 9, 2007
    Well, easy come, easy go, as they say. I was lucky enough to get a Pista allocation, so my brand new 488 is going back to the dealer in trade. I have now returned the car to its factory configuration. If anyone has an interest in the lovely Pista rockers, please let me know. I obviously won't need them for the..new Pista.

6. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    Can't wait to get your Pista to the next level with you :)

7. FordGTDriver

Jun 9, 2007
    You got that right! You will be my first stop :)

8. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015