The SF 90 as it should has been | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The SF 90 as it should has been

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 458-Italia, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

The SF 90 as it should has been

1. First

2. Second

3. Third

4. Fourth

5. I like the SF 90 as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Why do you think I have a problem? The assumption that if I have an different opinion to yours then I must have a problem, is the height of arrogance.

An just because you may buy one, doesn't make your opinion anymore valid either.

amenasce likes this.
  2. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Right !
    I think actually choose a 812 TDF to join my Speciale and my Pista

tekaefixe likes this.
  3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Well, I beg to differ and other forum members have said the same. Taste is such a personal thing after all.
    Regarding how the SF90 drives, no one apart from those few who have driven it really knows. Doubting the car's abilities though is far fetched, given Ferrari's track record in the past 25 years.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    #29 458-Italia, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    I concede that the aesthetic is subjective nevertheless the rear design is the only subject to controversy
    that's why we can just quote Sebastian Vettel when he points out the high weight of the SF 90

of2worlds, Shadowfax and BarryK like this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Vettel's company car is a 1000+ CV single seater that weighs 835 kg fully loaded, including Sebastian himself. Any road car would have seemed heavy to him. Actually some F1 drivers who were also racing 15 years ago, when the cars were 200 kilos lighter, say the same about current F1 machinery. At any rate, Vettel said that it performs amazingly and that on the limit he could feel "some" weight. It is more than probable that even a competent amateur driver won't be able to tell the difference that an F1 champ can discern.

6. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Having a Speciale and a Pista, I put some doubts about the additional 300 kg of the SF 90 and the lack of impact on the felt

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #32 Lukeylikey, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Oh come on, you know full well that is a turn of phrase. And why do you assume I was talking to you? My post, from the first line, was directed generically and not specifically. I don’t believe I have suggested anywhere in my posts that to have a different view to mine is invalid, in fact the purpose of my posting is quite the opposite - I have argued that to believe the SF90 is a good design is not invalid as per the underlying tone of the thread. You have now suggested indirectly I am uneducated in this subject (presumably inferring your opinion is more educated) and now directly that I am arrogant. I have never used such language about others. Respectfully, I hardly think arrogance is a sound accusation. In the very post you part-quote I say that I fully understand people who don’t like the SF90. By missing that out of your quote and trying to use an excerpt to claim that I don’t accept other views seems a little odd to me.

of2worlds and 350MH83 like this.
  8. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    the SF 90 meets new standards it is a technical feat
    no doubt that the Ferrari know-how gives an excellent result
    We could just imagine a design of the rear part more daring and homogeneous and hoped a weight gain less important

kandi and BarryK like this.
  9. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Even though I agree with your stance that this car will be great to drive (don't expect anything less from Ferrari), I think a 300kg difference will be felt. The car closest to SF90S is the Porsche 918 and almost all reviewers as well as non-professional drivers do comment about its weight. In fact, a member (I believe @MarkNC) here passed on the 918 specifically because of how he could feel its weight during a test drive. Even though on performance and engineering front it is a great car.

BarryK likes this.
  10. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    100% agreed. The only way you don't feel that much extra weight is if you are only driving in your armchair.

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Boomhauer and perrinnation like this.
  13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    All those complaining about weight, no manual transmission, complex hybrid etc.

I’m not one of those and will always prefer Ferrari to be at the forefront of tech and innovation

If anything I would have preferred one more electric motor for each rear wheel to act as an even more advanced e-diff

jm2 likes this.
  14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Everyone's a master auto designer. I think the car is incredible. It's truly world class. The only thing I would have preferred is a bit more departure from the 488/Pista/F8 profile. Still, it's a remarkable current flagship.

stavura and Boomhauer like this.
  15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I do prefer the round taillights over the square ones. But I really like the SF90 and the square lights aren't that bothersome to me that I'd pass on one. Love the overall design, bit girthy in the end weight wise but again, could live with it...if I wanted a track only car I'd buy that instead.

And for the price of the car...all the tech you get with it? I expected much, much more money. It's more or less a 918, with a Ferrari badge...for less money!

16. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Ego s car for consumer s cars liking Apple cars... not for enthusiasts.
    Interets : less than zero !!!
    First disposable F - car on the brand s history

17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’ve read this 8 times and still can’t understand it.

Twosherpaz likes this.
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    1886 kg , not sound but a few noise , turbo, star treck digital pannels inside, goldrake design , too heavy for the track and stupidly powerful for the road...
    Sorry but i don t see a F-car ! it s another brand with the original badge...

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Ahh, okay. Well, certainly, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing wrong with that. I am curious, though - what is an “F-car” if the SF90 isn’t one?

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    By the way, is it just me? I don’t understand the poll question. Can the OP please clarify it?

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I like 1 and 4. Not sure why people here are soooooo butt hurt that a member shares his views on what he wishes the SF90 looked like. He is not talking about your wife...Relax.

22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Apologies for this post. I didn't see the first page of this thread.

23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What? Why is Ferrari and Manzoni then telling us all it is a Manzoni design?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have you seen the SF90 in the flesh? The rear actually works really well. Unfortunately pictures csn sometimes struggle to capture everything. The SF90 is gorgeous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

stavura likes this.
  25. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Cool NSX
    ;)