FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 34 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 'Sorry about that....I only checked posts made today as the articles are dated today.....:oops: (On second thought, how were they posted yesterday....? o_O)

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The articles came from a different company.No big deal eh?:)

3. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    That's a crock! At least for me and, I dare say, for many of us here. I haven't read the last few pages...because I don't watch motorsports for it's litigation. I watch to see racing. F1 jumped the shark. THE STATEMENT ABOVE QUOTED IS A TOTAL POLITICAL CROCK. You see, I'm not a tifosi; for all my decades of F1 interest, I read/watched because it was too good to be true; i.e., I couldn't have a favorite when the pure joy of racing exceeded any team loyalty. You are not alone in your feelings....but I'm saddened that the joy is gone in F1. Listen to Vettel's comments again.....maybe you'll get it.

fil and absostone like this.
  4. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    Rossberg is wrong..

The bold about the steering wheel is also only half the story. I've watched the onboards and different angles of the incident more than a few times, and you can hear as he gets back on the track that he hits the throttle, just barely, but enough to upset the rear of the car again, and that's when he steers to the right a second time, and thus pushes him further to the right, and in front of Hamilton. The data will tell the story more clearly, but I'm positive that is what it will say. I've looked at a lot of race data over the years, and the difference between a deliberate move and a recovery move like Vettel made are painfully obvious.

As for the rest of it, about Vettel constantly cracking under pressure and its all his fault... I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

The stewards made the wrong call.

635CSI likes this.
  5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I watched the race. What a ******** decision. If i were Ferrari, I would have instructed both cars to retire on the last lap to protest.

And the drama queen Hamilton. On one end, he was going on and on, and trying to play a good guy, saying ******** things about a shallow victory, and how he didn't deserve it. Well, if that is the case, why did he immediately went on the radio to commplain when vettel rejoined? He knew Vettel had a 5 sec time penalty.

if he was genuine, he would have slowed down, and ensure the gap was more than 5 sec, and ensured Vettel won on merit. Toto immediately went on the radio with the FIA to complain about vettel when he rejoined the track. All this was done with no penalty dished out to Hamilton on that Monaco incident with Riccardo.

It really shows how Mercedes is the one controlling the FIA. It also really shows what ingeuine character lewis hamilton is. Ferrari should really have stood uop for this BS result.

sampelligrino, 375+, stavura and 3 others like this.
  6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    he's a dumbass. What do you expect. he poured fuel in the fire to begin with and now he's trying to act all innocent?

fil, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  7. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    That is rubbish. I've never liked Vettel but that statement is complete crap.

To me, it looked like two top drivers trying to win. As they're only human they both made mistakes in that race and probably most others.
    Vettel made a mistake and did what seems to be a great job of not crashing out.
    I don't have the telemetry that they do but Sunday's decision has ruined confidence I have in how rules are applied. Stewards are human too and in this case I think a mistake was made.
    It was otherwise quite a edge of seat race, Lewis drove brilliantly and I was right there trying to pass. Stewards ruined it completely.

Last of all in both drivers defence. They are racing hard to win and things they say at the time are pure emotion and really should not be held against any of them.
    I'm sure they both agree a great race was soured on Sunday. The FIA won't change their minds, I don't even know why they bother with an appeal at all.

daytona355 likes this.
  8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You are bang on, the actual result is irrelevant really, it doesn’t make any championship difference, anyone that talks about a championship fight clearly isn’t watching the races we are!

I think Ferrari have to call them to task here though, because this raises the issue yet again of the challengers, whether it’s ferrari, red bull, or anyone else, being treated differently than the way Mercedes are treated by the stewards. If they ever get penalties (and let’s face it, the Mercedes has to really be in the wrong before they will even look at things, let alone get any penalty) they are limited, and often commuted to something that won’t make a bit of difference to their results. In this case, however, there wasn’t even a case to look into, if we are to understand it in the context of recent examples of the same type of incident, as in the previous examples, Mercedes had the issue of losing control while leading, and were allowed to make some pretty dodgy moves under those circumstances, and protect wins, without any penalty even being likely, let alone coming to pass. Ferrari need to put them under the spotlight and justify themselves, and they have the whole paddock, bar Mercedes, and every ex driver and team member behind them. The only people that saw a penalty incident on Sunday were the three stewards and the Mercedes cheats, no one else in the world saw it, and that shows that it was wrong in itself. None of us saw it the way we did to save a championship, Christ, that ship sailed months ago when the car proved it was totally the wrong concept, Mercedes will have both championships by mid season without any reply, that’s obvious.

Scarily, I think the stewards next defence, so far unsaid, will be ‘but it doesn’t matter, this isn’t a championship under challenge, it didn’t make a difference to the outcome of the championship which is already decided’. That’s their only argument against appeal. They cannot prove anything from a twitch of a steering wheel, many here, including myself, had plenty of high speed faux pax, and the steering input is instinctive, and if your instincts are good, you generally manage to avoid a wall, if they aren’t, you are almost nailed on for a headbut on concrete.

If we are going to be really really picky, Elton made the wrong call, he went automatically to the outside line, as he put all his impetus into catching the ferrari as quickly as he could as soon as it took to the grass, accelerating up to the corner, thus entering faster, and needing the outside line when he exited turn four because carrying the speed across the double apex wouldn’t have been possible if he tightened his line to take to the inside. As a result, he was in the place even a novice would be apprehensive of at best, on the outside line with a rapidly closing gap. Once there, it is IMPOSSIBLE for Elton to judge whether the Ferrari continuing to the outside and squeezing him was intentional or not, he cannot read minds.

At this point, common sense must also be taken into account as well as the FIAs questionable ‘alongside as long as it’s a millimetre’ rule..... the race leader owns his own line, fact, first to the tarmac owns the tarmac, unquestionable. A following car, eager to overtake, is allowed to move how it wants, and will need to use racecraft to chose which side he intends to pass the leader, and has to ensure he has the momentum (especially in equally matched cars) to complete a move if it is made. The leader is allowed to defend only once, and the following car has no input in what that move may be, it is the responsibility of the leader to defend, and he doesn’t have to care how the following driver feels. Once that move is made, the leader can not switch lines. If the follow g driver guessed wrongly, and was attempting to accelerate on the wrong line, unless he is prepared to crash, he would need to back out and try somewhere else, unless he was able to switch without a loss of momentum to the other side and pass.

Elton was too close, hadn’t preempted the move of the ferrari to CONTINUE ACROSS THE TRACK in recovery mode, and had picked the wrong line, which if he did the move again, maybe he would try the switch to the inside, which would have required a little less speed entering the apex of turn four to be able to tighten the exit. As we know, Elton has good instincts, but he isn’t a thinker, a strategist, a planner.. ending up on the inside line would be counterintuitive to a driver who relies upon outright speed in all situations.

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Unfortunately mate, we’ve all known for a long time, Mercedes don’t give a **** about the sport, they will lie and cheat better than anyone and without remorse, and Elton has always been a slippery little ****, a perfect match. Elton started his career lying on behalf of himself and McLaren, and will always take every opportunity to cheat where his talent couldn’t better an opponent on the day.

If it were me, I’d have been very annoyed i wasn’t able to take advantage of the incident, and that I couldn’t pass a clearly flailing Ferrari that had shed all it momentum going over the corners, and distraught I hadn’t the common sense to have looked to the inside line through turn four as it was clearly the only safe place to be if you wanted to pass a Ferrari struggling to try to go straight, let alone be able to switch inside and cover off the inside - if Vettel had been able to block that line, THEN the stewards might have had a point after slewing across to the right as far as he was forced to

You never know, now that their win at all costs mentality has resulted in a clear travesty of justice to the entire world, just maybe the tide will turn against Mercedes unfair influence on stewards and the FIA as a whole

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No matter how often you repeat the same drivel, it does not make it true... as I said numerous times before: your take on the "incident " is just an opinion you share with very few but not a fact! If it would be a fact and clear, why do you think so many race driver do not agree with you at all? Are they all wrong just you see the light? That brings us back to the ghost driver on the motorway...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Look at how far Lewis was behind before Vettel went off, to the time gained. Vettel lost time, can't be any simpler than that.

If there was asphalt there, Vettel would've got the car under control a lot easier and no penalty would be given, because he was not under attack.

daytona355 likes this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    1+1 = 7

daytona355 likes this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'll leave this here.

crinoid, Makuono, furoni and 5 others like this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So you just learned that a justice system that puts a blind eye one one single team and penalizes all the others "has some flaws".... what a nice description for a completely ****ed up system by the fanboys
    I remember the time when those enjoying the preferred treatment for their poster boy were talking about conspiracy and racism when it was against him. Once again a nice example that they do not care at all what they said yesterday....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

fil, stavura, Tackleberry and 2 others like this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    this is interesting.....[AMuS]

Post race scrutineering showed Mercedes hydraulics was not 100% identical with version that had been replaced in Hamiltons car before the race. But FIA couldn't prove it was working differently and cleared Mercedes.

fil, nietoale1, Makuono and 6 others like this.
  16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Surprise, surprise...
    Just as I sent my last post a nice proof again

fil, stavura, Tackleberry and 3 others like this.
  17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari would've been DQ'd.

fil, nietoale1, stavura and 3 others like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Replacing parts is NOT Illegal. Replacing parts that are not identical = automatic start at the back or pitlane.

Why is Mercedes allowed to break the rules, AGAIN?!

fil, nietoale1, stavura and 5 others like this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Unfortunately, that was a foregone conclusion. I bet Toto is laughing into his cereal at the moment. Cheating as usual, what did we expect?, a fair race?

Thanks for posting buddy

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

fil, sampelligrino, stavura and 3 others like this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    How anyone can take Mercedes titles serious at this point is beyond me.

fil, 375+, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  21. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    1) Because he didn't like the penalty and thought that overtaking Seb on the track would stop people moaning. He knew that Seb was vulnerable and easy to pressure into a mistake, so he thought he'd try again. Why didn't Vettel just create a 5 second gap?
    2) I'm no Hamilton fan (he drives for the wrong team), but I think he showed a better understanding of the laws of physics as he kept his car under control better than the other guy.
    3) No, but they take a hell of a bashing for doing their job. Lewis has said that he would probably have reacted in the same way as Seb if he'd made the same mistake, however he would also have expected a penalty.

william likes this.
  22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That's what I couldn't understand.
    Knowing that Vettel was now theorically 2nd, with Hamilton on his tail, why did the Ferrari pit not instruct him to go flat out to create a 5sec. gap ?
    And why Vettel himself didn't increase his pace to, at least try, to distance Hamilton?
    Both Ferrari and Vettel didn't fight back the penalty ON THE TRACK as they could have done .
    Vettel just drove just to keep Hamilton at bay, but with no effort to regain at least 5 sec. from him.
    I think his car was faster than the Mercedes, as proven at the beginning of the race when he was at one point 7 sec. ahead.
    That was where Ferrari and Vettel went wrong; they didn't fight back, instead they grumbled on the radio about the stewards décision until the end of the race.
    Had it be Red Bull in the same situation, Christian Horner would have told Max to put his foot down and go for it.
    Verstappen don't need to be spurred in these situations ...

Surfah, werewolf and Anthony_Ferrari like this.
  23. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Partly i agree but on the hard tyres, I don't think the Ferrari was faster than the Mercedes

MalcQV, kes7u, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  24. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Haa, you can't help but laugh at how the FIA turns a blind eye to mercedes' blatant cheating! Ferrari (and any other team really) have zero chance of winning anything while merc are still involved in F1.

25. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

and let's not forget Pirelli's assistance. China is Mercedes biggest market and Pirelli is owned by ChemChina.

fil, daytona355 and stavura like this.