A Proper Home for my 355 | FerrariChat

A Proper Home for my 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by DIGMAN52, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Just completed my monster garage project. Threw away half my crap, and put the rest behind cabinet doors. Love the Racedeck!

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Looks great, love the floor.

3. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Looks great. I am thinking about painting the walls in my garage red, but my wife thinks it will be too over the top. What does she know!

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #4 sherpa23, Mar 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That is killer. We just built a new house and the garage was specc'ed as unfinished. I guess it'll let me customize it when I'm ready. My wife won't let me do the Ferrari theme but I'll figure something out. I would like to put a lift. The garage works for now but when I finish it, it'll be able to stay spotless. Right now, there is a little dust that floats around but that's inevitable with a new house. Btw, for the pic I put the car and bike covers on the stairs so those red and white things are not usually there :).

Here's a pic:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I currently have the best damm garage in my neighborhood because I called the "Garage People" http://www.thegaragepeople.com/home.htm

Damm.. these guys were great.. They came out in a PT Cruiser with a trunk full of laptops & printers and provided several 3-D printouts of possible designs.

Quality surround cabinets & the epoxy floor came out incredible !!! What a job...!!

Total cost was only $4200

It's worth the money..!!
    Patrick

: I'd also recommend renting a Mini-Stor BIN to empty your garage contents! costs about $60 per month..

6. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    VERY cool looking garage. Nice job!

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    That really does look great.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Pics!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Now that looks nice!

Would love to know the cost as the garage looks to be the same size as mine. Where did you buy the racedeck? Did you install it yourself?

Thanks

10. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Awesome! Love the floor!

11. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Great looking garage!

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Love the Racedeck

13. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Digman, if you don't want to go over the top with the Ferrari red walls what about painting your cabinets red or the doors red? Car looks great and so does the garage!!

14. piercer1

piercer1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2004
    cleveland, TN
    Full Name:
    joe kirkpatrick
    That ought to be your ideal living room!

15. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    sherpa23!!!!.....I saw 2 Ducatis in your pic....very nice...he he..

DIGMAN, congrat on the very nice garage...I hope we can improve ours soon too... the back wall is breaking apart as I write...ha ha ha...

16. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Nice garage!!
    Thats a 3 door garage right?
    Except for the Ferrari and the Mercedes , what other car goes in there?

17. Please post more pics, I cant get enough of garage's like that I can live in them espacially with the 355 to cuddle with. :)

Post some pics of the new hut sherpa ;)

18. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Check out your friendly FChat sponsors for a racedeck dealer. :)

I wonder if racedeck can support a lift on top of it? Most likely not I would think.

19. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Yeah, one is a street bike and one is a race bike. The one on the left is a sreet legal 998 with some extensive mods and the one on the right was Anthony Gobert's back up race bike from the Ducati Factory team last year. It's like a Formula 1 car but in a motorcycle. Everything is titanium, magnesium, or carbon fiber. It weighs about 350 lbs (everything but rider) and puts out 183 hp. That's a ton for a twin. It's pretty nutty. Twist back the throttle at 80 mph and the front wheel comes right up. It's great fun on the track.

At last check there were only 4 of those bikes in the States.

20. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Ducati scared me silly....ha ha ha... My brother and I used to ride together too...my last bike was the R1 and my bro's was the 996... The 996 was a monster comparing to the R1...what a torquey engine!!

Love them very much, but I love my life a bit more..ha ha...so I quit riding and now sticking to the driver seat...

Still...the Duck has a very lovely handling...very flickable, very quick, and very loud..ha ha ha..

21. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    next to my 355 i have a 996 as well, but the jewel of my bikes is my MV Agusta F4, The only bike worthy of standing next to a ferrari.Have put down my deposit on the F41000.........still waiting.

22. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Charlie,
    Have you been told when you are likely to get it?

Phil

23. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Oh yea Phil, i just took a look at your profile photo, cool looking F4 man, i did have a rear hugger for mine from casoli but took it of becourse the stones caught in the rear tyre always caught it, so chipping it away, becourse as you know it sits realy close to the wheel.I left a deposit of £500 and was told the delevery dates could be march 2004, but when i rang the shop they had not heard anything from MV, suprise suprise.Even my local official MV agent in Matlock Derbshire no longer deal with MV becourse of there attitude towards custmers, so no its not just Ferrari. Cant wait to get it though but will keep my 750 F4 aswell becourse its pure Italian, i have heard MV now is owned by an Malasian company.

24. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I had an F4 as well, and I will probably get another one pretty soon. However, if you feel that it's "the only bike worthy of standing next to a Ferrari" you're missing out on some of the best things in life. The MV's are great bikes but they aren't that well built, lack power and torque, and aren't the best track machines. Don't get me wrong - I love MV Agustas but a statement like that is absolutely moronic.

Yes, they are being purchased by a Malasian company that has ties to Petronas.

25. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Too bad your wife won't let you decorate the garage the way you want to.....that sounds alittle silly, IMHO. What's up with that?