F8 - F8 Tributo Allocation | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Tributo Allocation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Natkingcolebasket69, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Ferrari IS trying to do what Chevrolet did with the Corvette. Sell as many units as possible is their goal.

IPO1 likes this.
  2. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Ha! Isin't that every manufacturers goal? :D

3. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Dude, life is strange..... raises you up when it likes, and smashes you to the ground when it suits it..... I’ll smash it, even if a leg happens to fall off, as everyone is telling me they can paint a carbon fibre prosthetic in California Blu these days! I just have to work out how to hide said prosthetic when I’m chasing the girls![/QUOTE]
    I wish you the best Sid.

Jim

MANDALAY and daytona355 like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    F8 delivery in Canada is totally up in the air. No estimates offered since dealer does not have an idea as to when production will commence.

Anthony Capone likes this.
  5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    This is essentially what my local dealer is saying, no idea when or how many allocations they will receive.

6. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Same here, but taking orders nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    They want the orders. Saying that delays on placing a deposit will delay delivery.

8. 737Drvr

737Drvr Karting

Nov 7, 2009
    The gentleman I'm working with here in Scottsdale said F8 production will begin in September...after the August vacation and re-tooling of the production line. I'd assume that means deliveries begin by years end or early Q1. He also told me that there will a special edition of the F8 (ala Speciale, Pista) in about 2 years. Just passing on what I heard.

tekaefixe and MANDALAY like this.
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ha this is like every kid getting a trophy - every model gets a special edition!

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Maybe so but why not ? The day of the 100% ICE is gone. What better way to buy the very last EVER ICE rear engine V8 Ferrari.

11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Don't mean to argue but just spoke to my Scottsdale rep who just returned from Italy yesterday and he said the exact opposite. Sorry.

F12JAJ, Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ve heard no special edition either. We will find out in a couple of years.

Gh21631 likes this.
  13. 737Drvr

737Drvr Karting

Nov 7, 2009
    If your rep is who I think he is--the Kahuna at the dealer, first initial C--I'm being introduced to him by my rep Friday to finalize a deal on a F8. I would think he has the most recent and more accurate information than I was made aware. This news is fine by me. If the F8 only has a 2 year model run that may make it more unique. Or will it be four as a droptop may be in the works? I'll try and ask that and report back here. Thanks for the 411.

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    OK it’s official, no previous relationship with Ferrari. After 2 visits to the dealer just spec’d my F8 and deposit taken. Saying I could get the car in 1st quarter 2020. So I’m along for the ride, see what happens....

daytona355, SoCal to az and C50 like this.
  15. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Why is it such a shock that you can order a F8 without previous history?! My first new order was a Speciale. If there were no cars that could be ordered without prior history, there would be no Ferrari.

16. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not shocked, just passing along my experience.

Anthony Capone and IPO1 like this.
  17. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Ferrari is aiming to take market share from Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, etc.Each car they sell is a lost opportunity for Ferrari.

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm happy for you but honestly, that may say something about the softness of the market more than your good luck.

I'm guessing more are asking for the SF70 allocation.

19. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    As I've said before, it's harder to get a new Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang than an F8. It's really saying something about the softness of the Ferrari market due to complacency with this platform...

anishka, IPO1 and TheMayor like this.
  20. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    +1

21. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Shareholders don't care about keeping the brand exclusive, they care about profits and they'll force Ferrari to pump out as many models possible until sales slow from a weakening global economy whenever that happens. You're hearing the same line from Lamborghini when it comes to production. Capping the yearly production BUT if there's demand they will make more cars and we all know there is demand.

Back to the topic, my dealer reached out to me and asked if I would be interested in the F8 but hinted I would have to wait at least 2 years.

luckyguy likes this.
  22. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I have noticed a shift in opinions from the exotic car buyers I know in the past year. Whereas many have purchased new cars (Fcars, McLaren, Lamborghini, etc.) most are stating they plan to try the used market going forward. Although depreciation has been mentioned as a reason there are other issues. Two Ferrari owners specifically mentioned battery issues with their cars and Ferrari’s unwillingness to cover the issues under warranty. They feel this will only become worse with the newer cars, especially the hybrids. They want to see how these cars pan out before jumping in. Will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

23. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah but who wants a Mustang....;-)

tekaefixe and SoCal to az like this.
  24. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    New v8 with 780hp on SF90 is a straight way for F8 Speciale

25. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Me--it's going to be a great beater toy for price.

My dealer is getting me their only GT500 at MSRP. 760HP and trackable, not just a straight-line car like Demon. Yeah I'll take one. I'd rather crash a GT500 at track than a 720s.

Then again I've owned 3 Raptors and people think that's stupid. They are a blast.