NBA Playoff Predictions?? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

NBA Playoff Predictions??

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ShineKen, May 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

BS...the guy went down and looked hurt right away...the raptor classless fans were clapping for that...it wasn't until the raptors told them to get a clue then everyone got politically correct....true colors shown.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BMW.SauberF1Team and butcher like this.
  2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

"Raptors fans chanting KD as he goes in the locker room"

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    in phila they threw batteries at opposing baseball players.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    It was obvious when KD went down he had a bad injury. You could see the grimace on his face. Classless move to clap by TOR and from the audio its clear it wasnt just a few bad apples.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I’m not sure if the clapping was for KD getting up or the enthusiasm for him being injured. I find it hard to believe fans would clap for an injury.

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    what is the big deal if they were cheering for him to be out of game? remember the nfl game where fans were throwing ice balls at players? thats the stuff thats unacceptable. sticks and stones, etc. fans can cheer or boo for anything they want imo.

7. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    Media (and especially social media) are blowing the fans behavior out of proportion. Even 10 years ago nobody would have said anything about the fans behavior.

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And they wouldn't have won without KD's 11 points and dominance in the 1st quarter.

butcher likes this.
  9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'd like to know who the idiots are that are saying GS is better without KD than with him.

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    not better but maybe more fun to watch. kd puts them into isolation mode. like harden does. not nearly as much fun to watch as motion offense of screens like they do without him for either 3pt bombs or layup/dunks

11. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    They're not better with him, but they're still good enough to be the best team in the NBA, and still good enough to win championships... Which is why his legacy will be tarnished unless he can win somewhere else.

12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I strongly disagree.

His legacy will never be tarnished. He's won back to back Finals MVP, and dominated in both of those Finals. Take Curry or Thompson away from GS before Durant got there, do you think they would win? Is Curry's or Thompson's legacy tarnished without each other?

13. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    #413 JP Manor, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Yes, he won back to back Finals MVP's and he deserved them. He's arguably the best player in the league, but he did it on a team that was already the best team in the league by far, and a team that just a year prior to him joining had the best record in NBA history. When all is said and done with his career, that will have a huge impact on his legacy (it already has) ... Thompson and Curry can't be compared in the same way. They didn't come to the warriors in the same circumstances that KD did, and as I'm sure you're aware, they won a championship without him.

Seems to me like people are split down the middle on this issue when it comes to KD. For me, if he goes somewhere else and wins a chip, it's a different conversation and he's a possible top 5 all timer.

14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Curry and Thompson also lost a championship without him - after being down 3-1 - MJ would never lose a series that was 3-1 (in fact he never Finals ever).

15. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    Lebron factor is a big one

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I'm not sure how many are arguing GSW is outright better without KD. That's a bold statement to make. However, I do feel Klay and Steph play better without KD. Mainly because they are asked to carry more load and as a result, you see more action from them.

17. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    As I have said before, my prediction was that the Warriors would lose in 5 or 6 games without KD. We are at that crossroad now. I am hoping I am wrong...hoping they can turn the ship. Maybe the extra motivation will be there with the reaction from the KD injury. I still think the odds are stacked against the Warriors pulling this one out.

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Warriors will win this series.

Toronto had their chance in game 5. They didn't close GS out. Gave GS new life. There's no way GS will lose game 6 at home, then it's on to game 7 where any team can win it.

Lowry will sabotage Kawhi's dominance (as he did in game 5)

19. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    Pretty bold. Sounds like Cherry saying that if Boston won game 6, there’s no way they would lose game 7 at home. Time will tell...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    When the Bulls lost 4 straight playoff seasons to the Bad Boy Pistons, they never looked at adding another ELITE player to the roster. It was pretty much Jordan and Pippen surrounded by role players who had to elevate their game. Pippen didn’t join as an elite player either. He was molded into an elite player.

Ultimately, they had to elevate their game after each playoff loss until they finally got over the Piston hump. By that time, their game was elevated to such a high level, they never looked back and only one team came close to beating them in 6 seasons.

You want respect? Elevate your game. Don’t go looking for 2 more solid All-Star players while most teams barely have 1-2 elite players.

Kawhi is the only elite player in Toronto and he was able to take them this far... injured. He didn’t pick and choose his teammates or team for that matter. He lead what he was dealt. This is why he gets nothing but respect.

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #421 AceMaster, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Except the comparison you made on the hockey side doesn't involve Boston that's been to the finals 5 straight, went 73-9 one of those years, won 3 of 4 championships
    (should have been 4 of 4), has a loaded roster, isn't playing team with only 1 all star that is hobbled, and isn't facing a goalie that is playing out of his mind, Cherry coached Boston, I didn't coach GS, Cherry is racist and I'm not...otherwise you're bang on.

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    So who takes it tonight gentlemen?

23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    gsw are a lock! no question there will be game 7 on sunday. book it!

24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Go Raptors Go. To late for my predictions but you know how I feel/hope.

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Absolutely entertaining first half. Hope the second is just as good!

ShineKen likes this.