FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 41 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Vettel got ALOT of praise for his off track antics. It spoke to hundreds of thousands of the change that is needed in F1. His "dis-respect" resonated with alot of people.

This was different from his past "antics". People are tired or getting tired of where F1 is currently headed....to start with the stewards.

Seb has fallin out of love of the sport he originally fell in love with.

sammysaber, stavura, Bas and 6 others like this.
  2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I wouldn't say it was disrespect, but more a gesture of his disagreement with the stewards. In the past, there was inconsistency with the way stewards reviewed incidents and doled out penalties. I don't know if it is just me, but since Charlie Whiting's passing, it seems the stewards have been a little more harsh in instituting time penalties. However, they have been consistent in that. I'm not sure if collectively, they are getting more strict, or they are trying to "make their bones".

daytona355 likes this.
  3. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So Vettel's coming off the grass with virtually no traction, then hits the pavement, recovers by accelerating. This allowed LH to avoid crashing into him.

Did the stewards think the safe thing was for Vettel to stop? LH would have crashed into him, for sure.

daytona355, Ferrari 308 GTB and 375+ like this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 you might be right

daytona355 likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

His only real problem is self generated. The rules apply to him. He knows the politics. His actions are silly and in no way produce change. If he sleeps better acting like a drunk teen so be it.

He is not impressive screaming on the radio or moving things not needing his attention that others were paid to put in place.

Shut up grow up and STOP making mistakes and could find love again. If not return the salary and disappear. He is not curing cancer or anything else of note. He is an employee nothing more in a worldwide ongoing concern

Surfah and william like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Exactly !! Vettel shouldn't forget that it's a privilege to be in F1. His attitude was completely childish.
    He shouldn't be angry against the system, but against himself: he made the mistake that triggered that incident, nobody else.
    He gave a lot to the sport, but also got a lot out of it; the F1 he now despises has been very good to him.

7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Rosberg. hammy obviously gained a huge time advantage but FIA looks the other way. again.

daytona355 likes this.
  8. DF1

[QUOTE="william, post: 146658704, member: 34653" F1 he now despises has been very good to him.[/QUOTE]

To put it “mildly”

9. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Being there, I think a significant percentage of the fans in attendance were not only Ferrari fans but supportive of Vettel and his antics. A good marketing person would recognize that such behavior can actually increase fan awareness and viewership. I think there are many past drivers who would fall under the same characterization just applied to Vettel. The sport is lacking for charismatic (on track) figures.

10. DF1

Yes no publicity is bad. His driving is another issue and at times his behavior is beneath him and status. He can “vent” in other ways less absurd possibly. Kimi had calls against him and drink off the steam lol :)

william likes this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't like emotional outbursts, so I would never approve of Vettel's post race attitude.
    If Vettel and Ferrari aren't happy with the penalty, they have to use the proper channels.
    There is no certainty that they will obtain redress, but it has worked in the past.
    When you enter a sport at that level, you tacitely accept the rules, and the decisions may not always be in your favour.
    Personally, I have less respect for Vettel after his tantrum, because I don't like people who lose control of themselves.
    Ferrari should book him in an anger management course, I think.

12. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    It should resonate with many, F1 has been speeding towards failure at almost every turn, the constant penalties, the over regulation of racing incidents, the “greening” of F1, the Mercedes dominance that has been built into the 2014+ regulations, the processional racing, DRS, tires that do not let drivers push, etc, etc. If one is honest, it is not only Vettel that has fallen out of love with F1 it is almost all of us. The picture of the foot getting shot that The Mayor posted is completely on target. As a life long fan since 1974, I am also contemplating my “retirement” in watching the races, honestly as much as it pains me to say, the product is not compelling anymore.

daytona355, TonyL and classic308 like this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

This has progressively been brought in at the demand of the drivers themselves, according to Alexander Wurz.

Ex-F1 driver himself, Wurz was President of the Grand Prix Drivers Association (GPDA) that was quite active in making racing safer.

Over the years, the GPDA has asked the FIA to clarify the standards of driving acceptable in F1 following complains about some drivers.

The FIA introduced rules, brought in stewards at each race to discipline the driving, and stamp out dangerous, or unfair driving.

Welcome at times, the stewards attention became resented since they could inflict penalties. "Damn if you do, damn if you don't!"

But it's mostly the inconsistency that is now in question; something else for the FIA to tackle.

DF1 and TonyL like this.
  14. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    ^This is essentially what we heard over the PA at the track Sunday just prior to the start. My question is whether or not the Spec 2 engine was actually still in Lewis's car or if they went backward to an original spec power unit. Yes I am a conspiracy theorist and wonder if they dialed back Bottas' power unit because they could not change his.

15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The one question Elton’s fans haven’t considered is this. Elton went headlong towards a gap that either he knew was closing, or he was too stupid to see was closing...either way, let’s say he didn’t have that gentle tap on the brakes (conveyed as a heavy brake and avoidance of an accident so that Seb gets a penalty). Those of his fans that are claiming his move was legitimate and he had every right to try to pass in a closing space, and Seb despite wrestling with the car to bring it back under control should also have been watching out for Elton and making sure to give him space because a wing was level with his rear wheel at one brief point - Seb careers across the track, and doesn’t get full control back, Elton keeps his foot in for force the issue and doesn’t brake, hits Seb, Seb spins, so does Elton, and one or the other is killed as a result - are you still confident Elton should have been pushing his way up the outside just because he could, and that if he had caused a fatality or serious injury, which would be a possibility with the walls so close and speeds involved?

The only place it was safe to pass was the inside line with a car which was first out of control, and slowly being brought back under control, careering with its momentum clearly towards the outside. Of course, the point where the car straightened out could have occurred at any point across the track, but as you can’t predict that, you can only go by measuring which way it is going from the start, and that was towards the right. Anyone with a modicum of common sense following that car, even if it was on the local freeway, would have gone to the left, so that the accident is getting further away from them, not closer.

I’m sorry, but if Seb gets a penalty for being involved in his own accident, Elton should have been penalised for dangerous driving if he claims Seb could have hit him, because he put himself there, and let’s face it, Gio, Grosjean, and a few others would be penalised an entire race distance given the spins they have had under their steam this year, and they’d each have several hundred points on their licences, and be serving bans till 2023!

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I get your point , but look at the video and at just the moment Vettel exits the grass imagine what would happen if Lewis turns left? he would have hit him for sure.

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Exactly, very dangerous, glad he didn’t follow through with it, if it was Nico, I think he might have done! Hehe

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

It's funny. People complain the drivers are robots all the time. Vettel shows some much deserved dissatisfaction and he's a spoiled prick. Can't have it both ways.

He shows true emotions. I was very disappointed with Leclerc being a professional PR robot in Monaco. It's why I'm a fan of Vettel, Max, Ric, Kmag, Kimi and increasingly, Hulk. Add DC and Irvine back in the day on the list....They spoke their mind

daytona355, P.Singhof and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    According to Motorsport Mag., Ferrari has withdrawn their appeal against the Vettel penalty.

daytona355, Nortonious and 375+ like this.
  20. DF1

This situation with midfield drivers would not be linked to F1 and a crisis. But with brat Vettel the world ended. Wrong.

The situation is the same - team and points matter if it’s Ferrari or Williams. Wertz and drivers asked for rules and consistency. Here it is! So get on with the work and show the world your skills. Shut up and drive and be an adult. Not a “Vettel”. :)

21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

22. DF1

Charles has a right to be himself. If he is a composed human so be it. Vettel is an anger management case who acts out. Needs help not praise.

He didn’t help himself or the support. He was just his usual petulant entitled punk. He deserves zero respect and shows little for those around him. Ego focused on his own pathetic emotional well being.

I prefer not to be dragged into his childish tantrums, he can have all those he wants in private and not attack place signs in parc ferme. He is a poor and classless poster boy for a brand that exudes class excitement and beauty.

Surfah, werewolf and Bas like this.
  23. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/144046/ferrari-could-take-review-route-to-challenge-penalty

The FIA's own International Sporting Code gives competitors an option for a post-event review of decisions, providing that new evidence that was not available at the time has come to light.

Article 14.1.1 of the code states: "[If] a significant and relevant new element is discovered which was unavailable to the parties seeking the review at the time of the competition concerned, whether or not the stewards have already given a ruling, these stewards or, failing this, those designated by the FIA, must meet (in person or by other means) on a date agreed amongst themselves, summoning the party or parties concerned to hear any relevant explanations and to judge in the light of the facts and elements brought before them.

The code states that the period during which a petition for review can happen is 14 days after the final classification was made - which means Ferrari has until race day of the French Grand Prix to go down this route.

If Ferrari goes ahead with a review case, then it will need to lodge what new evidence it has and present this to the FIA - which will then convene either the stewards from the Canadian GP or replacements to meet to discuss the matter.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    " . . or replacements to meet to discuss the matter."

Given that choice, I'm hoping for The Replacements.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

daytona355 and Nortonious like this.