355 Challenge / Fiorano Brake Upgrade Kit | FerrariChat

355 Challenge / Fiorano Brake Upgrade Kit

Discussion in '348/355' started by X-TNSIV, Jun 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
  2. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
  3. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Our car is a pretty early 1997 (23275), and has these brakes on it. We don't have the window sticker, so we are unsure if the car was originally equipped or upfitted with these at a later date...

How were these brakes originally spec'd on the 355??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
  5. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I don’t think it was an option even in 98 only in 99.

6. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
    And of course this brake kit was standard on the Serie Fiorano. I had previously priced out replacement rotors on my Serie Fiorano and the dealer wanted $1300/rotor. That's why I was even more motivated to purchase these for next car.

I previously made a mistake and said these were the Challenge brakes. These are the Fiorano Brakes and are not the same. Sorry for the confusion.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Not here to bash the OP, but my understanding of the brakes on the Series Fiorano, is they are exactly the same as the regular 98/99 F355 brakes, save for a different compound brake pad. And 98/99 brakes are the same as 95-97 F355 brakes, with the exception of cross drilled rotors and the option of a red, yellow or silver brake calipers over the standard black. If this is not right, please correct me.

SoCal1 likes this.
  8. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I think you are right. The brakes are standard except they are cross drilled rotors. Not sure about a pad difference.

SoCal1 likes this.
  9. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I suspect your rotors were swapped with the later cross drilled ones, and the calipers painted red. I had a friend with a 1997 F355B and he did the exact same thing. :)

10. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Our car also has the red swaybar bushings and the larger Challenge-spec swaybars. When I am at the car again, I will check the part number on the shock ECU to confirm it has a 17xxxx part #.

I have a post on the FHP specs/pricing when new, but no replies on it, so I am still not 100% sure. But the signs are pointing to our car being equipped as such more or less from new. The wear on the rotors is what I would expect from a 40k car.

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    That would be cool if it is. I would be curious if it was available that early in production. I have run across a couple F355s with documented uncommon options, but were both 98/99 model year. Both had the complete CF interior, door panels, center console, etc. Very rare. Both are my favorite 355s I have ever seen...one was a Berlinetta, the other a red/tan F1 GTS.

Oops, sorry for the thread hijack...