Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 59 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcospace

marcospace Rookie

May 10, 2019
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco Spaziani
  2. marcospace

marcospace Rookie

May 10, 2019
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco Spaziani
    Fresh News.. a Photo of A Red Mythos appeared on the Web Yesterday.. It Seems is under Maintenance in a Ferrari workshop.. Is It one of the two From Brunei?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Those awful Bentley Silverstones are proof positive that money clearly cannot buy taste.

tres55 and gt1995 like this.
  4. JohnAnthony

JohnAnthony Rookie

Nov 2, 2008
    Astoria, NY
    Full Name:
    John Anthony
    Some of their one-off haven't aged well, but I doubt either the Sultan or his brother were the ones who designed them.

Seeing the Mytos in the shop reaffirms suspicions that the collection has been undergoing restoration. As the family grows they are likely to start commissioning more restorations to enjoy the the cars. Looking forward to seeing the one-off Koenigseggs, Paganis, Ferraris, etc get put to shame by the sheer juggernaut that is the Brunei Collection.

marcospace likes this.
  5. track

track Rookie

Apr 28, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Florian
  6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    marko.urbac likes this.
  7. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
  8. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Jon Foster and marcospace like this.
  9. marcospace

marcospace Rookie

May 10, 2019
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco Spaziani
    marko.urbac likes this.
  10. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Great find! Maybe we should copy-paste the whole article + photos here, in case it disappears from the original web site...

VENICE IN AUCKLAND
    22 JUNE 2018 - RICHARD HAYTON

It is said that only seven of these F456 Venice’s were made as special order for the Prince of Brunei, meaning they are ultra-rare by any bodies standards so no pressure but it requires a comprehensive overhaul and a whole lot of paint correction before its sent back to Brunei!

This car was shipped to Continental Cars in New Zealand for refurbishment with a deadline to complete the work and have the car back in a roadworthy condition and part of that process included a multi stage paint correction detail. By the time I was asked to look over the car most of the mechanical and trim work had been completed so there was little chance of me being called back to further rectify additional scratches, following my work the car would groomed, packed and shipped back to its overseas home.

Ferrari black really is black and by this I mean the majority of blacks (when I used to paint cars…) were more than just a straight black tinter they included on occasion red, yellow and maybe other colours which can give them a brown tinge when viewed in direct light, Ferrari black is just black and much as this is pure it also shows and scratches no matter how faint (wipe with soft cloth equals a series of scratches) so even a gentle two bucket wash will likely reflect minor scratches… Attacking the car with a series of hard core compounds in order ultimately to achieve an improved end goal is certainly a game of confidence with assignments like this.

Time consuming yes, rewarding yes, do I like these kind of challenges… yes even though I am always happier at the end of the day rather than at the start of the day.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

nickf1gr, Nicolas21, Camelot and 2 others like this.
  11. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    marcospace and mercedes-c140-fan like this.
  12. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Maybe a repost (don't remember) but here is an Instagram photo of the Crown Price in a Pagani Huayra, leaving the Istana Nurul Iman Palace. Photo taken back in 2013.

nickf1gr, Camelot and marcospace like this.
  13. track

track Rookie

Apr 28, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Florian
  14. marcospace

marcospace Rookie

May 10, 2019
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco Spaziani
  15. marcospace

marcospace Rookie

May 10, 2019
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco Spaziani
    Camelot, marko.urbac, track and 2 others like this.
  16. mercedes-c140-fan

Apr 7, 2016
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Bernhard
    marko.urbac, track, NürScud and 2 others like this.
  17. marcospace

marcospace Rookie

May 10, 2019
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco Spaziani
  18. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It's staggering how similar the front is to the first Continental GT.

19. MaxiMarks

MaxiMarks Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Maxi Marks
    Yes, I've always thought the Buccaneer looks like a smaller, more nimble version of the GT.

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am confused. What is the big deal about all this?

21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

They are one off cars that some manufacturers said they would never build. Yet here they are

22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    oh~~~ I see.

I was actually just browsing through Tong Wang's collections.

23. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    BIG NEWS from DK Enigineering: the (in)famous Ferrari F40 returned to its former glory and its original paint scheme. As a reminder, this RHD Ferrari F40 was originally delivered to Brunei in a grey-metallic color with a red stripe around the car. It had a grey-ish leather interior with Testarossa seats, power windows, AC and so on. After escaping from the Brunei Collection, it got restored by DK Engineering to a more conventional Rosso Corsa and it got stripped of its 'glorious' Testarossa interior by being re-upholstered to a classic F40 scheme. Now the car received back its former paint-scheme by being repainted in grey metallic (not sure about the correct color name or paint code), even tough it seems to have a matte finish now. Before it was glossy. The interior has remained red with 'normal' F40 seats. See the photos attached.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login