612 shooting brake! Very cool | Page 2 | FerrariChat

612 shooting brake! Very cool

Discussion in '612/599' started by 360Marnix, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Robert did not give the design, nor sell it. They were used in secret and illegally by this car salesman vd Heuvel. Robert settled afterwards. Unfortunately he did not only settle in terms of money...

I do not feel entitled for some sort of compensation. Too late for that and I chose to leave the business and all the design sketches in it. I am just sick of the many bad people I have come across in the automotive business who have no respect for the design trade. If Mr. Vd Heuvel at the time had followed the correct path my former company could have been in business enabling me to start more projects. This is just one more example of why many (not only me) talented designers struggle to make a living or even stop designing at all.

paulchua likes this.
  2. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Hello Michiel,

I read this post weeks ago. And was immediately saddened. And wanted some time to reflect.

I was aware of your designs because of this forum. And was even considering doing a 612. But of course, I would have started with you.

Your GTO design is even more attractive IMO.

I believe you should, in some way, continue with design. As you are obviously gifted. And I believe that the world is in some way , better for your contributions.

Thank you for the design work.

I want to wish you and yours, the very best . In all that life has to offer.

3. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Thank you for your kind words. If you ever consider having a one-off car custom made or want to participate in a limited series, you can find me here or at www.ateliervandenbrink.com

I’m still available and open for suggestions. And more importantly, I have a better businesspartner now.

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ah I see, this makes sense. I am sorry about your experienc. I love your design and wish you every future success.

As to the person that stole the plans, I too hope for karmic retribution.

Cheers