losing the soul | Page 3 | FerrariChat

losing the soul

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Dan D'Agostino, Jun 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    You should try and be clearer, it’s not easy to follow what you’re saying :D

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I dont disagree. But its ok, no one forcing anyone to buy these new models.

paulchua and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've no issue with Hybrid Ferraris, or the FF/Lusso or the SUV even.

I fully understand that hybrid is a good way to avoid pure electric. I love the fact that the hybrid can be used as a performance enhancer device. Yes the downside is weight. I love the FF/Lusso despite when they where announcing the car I was deeply skeptical. The SUV I can live with.

I'll draw the line at pure electric Ferrari. That's a no-go for me. If Ferrari's entire line up goes electric I pose zero interest in owning one. Apart from the car likely being all carbon, it'll just be another battery pack in a pretty shell. No thanks. So long I can still get fuel all over the place it won't bother me, I'll just stick to the ''old'' ferraris. I'll be sad, sure.

I was really against the flappy paddles for a long time. And based on the earlier systems, I found the H gate far superior. Once it got to the Scuderia/GTO SF2 software, it was hard making an argument against flappy paddles. Certainly for the 458/F12/FF and later cars I just wouldn't bother going manual even.

I love the SF90. It looks fantastic, is ridiculously fast and well priced.

Bundy, Tackleberry, spyderman and 4 others like this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Except I'm not sure I believe Piero about looking to the future. Enzo might have resisted anything compromising the purity of his love for engine-making. He was not an early adopter of technology, not near so much as Porsche was.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Another HUGE loss for the company is engineer Amadeo Felisa.

Marcel Massini

werewolf, Smiles, greg328 and 5 others like this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes they are if you want the LaFerrari replacement>:D:D:D:Do_O

well maybe...

7. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    At first they will change the entire Standard Portfolio to Hybrid. This may take some time.
    Fully electrified models could be a next step.
    As a consequence, if some of the clientele are not in favor of purely electrical Fs, everything depends on their own age,
    :D

8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Ferrari might do one electric vehicle, just to prove they can compete in that field, but I don’t think the whole range will ever go full electric. Ferrari just lose so much of the reason people buy their products. A massive competitive advantage they have is the Ferrari combustion engine. By the time hybrids become uncompetitive/unfeasible, if they ever do, there will be alternatives to electric. Those may well give Ferrari better options to retain some sort of mechanical propulsion/ICE.

If 90% of the car fleet is at zero emissions, the appetite to reduce car emissions further will disappear. They will want to stop us flying everywhere, then eating meat. That sort of thing we will still be doing at full speed so naturally the politically-motivated pressure groups will focus there instead, figuring that their work with the car industry is done (unless they can get a total ban on ICE being used, which I don’t believe they will ever achieve because the right to produce and use an ICE will become yet another minority issue and the fight will just not be worth it for them).

They are not only concerned with the environment but having a say over how we all live our lives, if 90% of us are using zero emissions but still eating meat, guess what’s coming... Of course it would be denied, but there is an undeniable sense of satisfaction for campaigners to have restricted the way others live their lives so that their own values are enforced on other people. Issues where this can be most achieved will get the focus.

red passion and WM458 like this.
  9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Unfortunatly...
    However, a very good surprise will come for a future car of the normal range !

kandi, MANDALAY, tekaefixe and 2 others like this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Aha, talking LB?

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You mean this guy might not be impartial and could possibly mold his opinion toward a better bottom line? I'm shocked.

Wikipedia: "Piero Lardi Ferrari (born 22 May 1945) is an Italian billionaire businessman, the second and only living son of Enzo Ferrari, and a 10% owner of the Ferrari automotive company of which he is the vice chairman. He is also owner of the Ferretti Group with 13.2% of shares."

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Enzo was not big on chassis innovations, but his company was always at the forefront of engine technology. Porsche? What Porsche? The glorified Beetles with the 6 cylinder engine that till 20 years ago was air cooled? Please...

13. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #63 day355, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    No, much much better than LB,,,really incredible...
    LB is without surprises exept the design...

tekaefixe likes this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Spill the beans :)

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    T
    This will be in the 'normal' range ..yes indeed thats a surprise!

16. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    March/2020?
    This car will sit between LB and SF90 in the range? NA? Mid engine?

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    MB?

18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Impossible, sorry...
    It ll really really amazing...It s not totally the end...9700 rpm and i ll say nothing more, so no more questions please

9nb, skinguy23 and tekaefixe like this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Well then it’s not turbo....:)

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You are one lucky man.

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I hope it has something to do with this statement.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    No its not that, i think its a special front engine car he told us about in some previous post. I wished it was something mid engine.
    Who knows, maybe we will all get a big surprise. I just know that the 812 spider is going to kick ass!

MANDALAY likes this.
  23. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Having covered many exhilarating miles in my F50, what “huge disadvantages” were I meant to experience?

Caeruleus11, Boomhauer and jpalmito like this.
  24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The only "disadvantage" I can think of that Realzeus may be referring to is that using F50 engine as structural member required block to be cast in iron instead of aluminum. That being said, part of the thrill of driving that car (from my understanding, as I've never driven one!) is feeling the vibration of the engine passing right through your posterior. And even though the iron block weighs more than aluminum would have, the rest of the car's CF components more than compensate for the engine's weight penalty.

I think many would consider the so-called "disadvantages" as the things that make the car truly so special. It is certainly at the top of my list of desired ownership.

Bundy, Red Sled and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Just hoping for a 1200 kgs mid engined V12 with 750 hp ..
    Manual gearbox too ..