Getting too much attention? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Getting too much attention?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Superdog0013, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah, I can believe that. Lived in Memphis for 11 years and can only recall seeing a few exotics out and about. Like an earlier poster said, there are not many F-cars in our little slice of the Metroplex, so that likely is going to garner more attention than in Beverly Hills. I think the color/model also impacts attention getting...T

2. Stormtrooper787

Stormtrooper787 Karting

Dec 15, 2017
    I look at it like this .....as kids we loved cars, and I only saw them in msgs/TV which it true for most people. I was at the store and a mom with her son said sir is it ok if my son can take a picture. Said sure opened the door and said jump in little guy. His face lit up like the moon ..........share the experience all good to create a smile.

GP0801, Viperjoe, Rbwiii and 3 others like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  4. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    100%. I do this whenever possible. Love to see their faces and the excitement. Will be something they'll remember and inspire them hopefully. Did this just last night and gave a ride to my kids bosses son (I'm sure that grammar is not correct - lol). But you get the point.

Stormtrooper787 likes this.
  5. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Driver selfies don’t count. :eek:

Mayrivercrab likes this.
  6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Seeing a child's smile sitting in the driver's seat reminds me why I fell in love with cars in the first place.

Shahaf and Bundy like this.
  7. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    I JUST experienced this for the first time. How stupid.

8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Attention? You mean the cops?

Marcel Massini

9. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Neat, I dont take "selfies".

Boomhauer likes this.
  10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I was sitting at a light turning left and I heard a sharp honk so I look to my right and some clown in a vw is driving past me with his thumb and index finger separated by three inches or so. At first I thought I must be too close to his lane and then I realize he is indicating small dick syndrome. What a jerk, there is all kinds of attention.

VAF84 likes this.
  11. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    A state trouper was outside his car pushing the stoplight button so that cyclists on the Ride the Rockies tour could cross the highway. All his lights were flashing. I was going well under the 25 mph speed limit. He waved as l drove by in the corsa rosso 458 spider and yelled NICE CAR. I waved back and nailed it when l got out on the 55 mph four lane highway like l always do.

12. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    The car still gets lots of attention. Lately l have experienced a spate of people asking if they can drive my 458 spider. I always say:
    Letting someone drive your Ferrari is like letting someone sleep with your wife and hope nothing happens.

One woman said: l am not gay and nothing would happen if l slept with your wife. So can l drive your Ferrari?

My response: that’s what everyone says. :)

Mayrivercrab likes this.
  13. 06viper

06viper Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    NM-AZ
    Ive lived in the same area for a while now and had multiple vehicles over the past couple years, each one brings different reactions. My Viper a lot of people wanted to race it, not to much negative attention, usually thumbs up. Gallardo had lots of people take pictures and wanted to race (mostly little rice rockets), but defiantly got the most negative attention out of any car ive owned. Came outside to a milkshake dumped on the roof, another time spit on the hood, another time found footprints all over the car (assuming they climbed all over it for their social media), got the middle finger multiple times, and last but not least would find people just leaning on the car and talking to other people as they would walk by pretending the car was theirs. One time I came back to my car to have a young person with exquisite taste in jewelry and clothing (gold teeth, hat sideways, pants barely staying up, wearing 4 different gold watches) sitting on the hood while making out with his equally interesting girlfriend. I politely asked him to please get off my car. He would not budge and proceeded to tell me how I was a "broke ass" because my Lambo didn't have the doors that go up and he would not move. A security guard at the store that I was parked at saw what was going on and came and took the young man away. Needless to say, it was an interesting experience. Now my most recent car, a Mclaren 570s, gets by far the most attention out of any car ive ever owned. Its nothing but camera phones taking pictures of it, people giving thumbs up, people asking how much did I pay for it and the occasional "what kind of car is that". But the funny thing is, some people associate Mclaren with just making the P1 and I get the comment "look at that P1 thats amazing", I just go along with it and say thank you lol. But yes the Mclaren literally turns heads like no other, nothing but positive comments and thumbs up and people talking pictures or asking polite questions about it. So the moral of the story is, each car will bring out different reactions based on what the "general" perception is based on that certain brand of vehicle.

14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    If someone was sitting on my car and would not move after I asked them. I would be introducing them to KRAV MAGA up close and personal.

VAF84, Bundy and Ash Patel like this.
  15. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I have a 458 in Metallic Grigio Silverstone w/ "parchment" interior, a F430 in Metallic Grigio Silverstone w/red interior, and a silver-grey Porsche 911 4S 997.1 6-speed. The Porsche is just plain ignored, even with the fat hips and slightly lowered; it only gets a bit of attention if parked at Hotel Valencia on a Fri night on Santana Row.

The F430 gets idiots in pick-up trucks and SUVs trying to "race" it, and then a few middle fingers. They probably google the specs and then decide they can probably "take-it-on" forgetting that their vehicles weigh 3X as much and have no agility. Honestly, I don't even engage them. I just keep cruising.

The 458 gets more middle fingers and morons.....mostly wannabe racers trying to pull some stunt or other. The 458 is a Point A to Point A car. I take it out, drive it around, and take it back home. The only place I would park it is at the Four Seasons in Palo Alto or Hotel Nia down the street from FB.....and Self-Park at that.

I have pretty much had every car keyed....and believe me, I am careful, and respectful where/how I park. I have even had the F430 keyed at the Church Parking lot! Yep, that is car-hating, Silicon Valley for you.

16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Man, it’s depressing to witness what much of California has become. Several of my buddies have fled the Bay Area in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napoli, NuorderSG and VAF84 like this.
  17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Wow sorry to hear that, even at church! Lucky I have secure, covered parking at work or it would be an A to A car for me also. Too many haters out there who don't give a f-ck in the Bay Area.

NuorderSG likes this.
  18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    On the road with my RCM 488 GTB I just get locked in with people taking pictures.

I put a smile on every young boy that's sees me. To the point at fill up I have let quite a few in the passenger seat. Love seeing their smiles.

As far as idiots wanting to drag, ONLY VW GOLF drivers and I laugh. Gee even Porsche, Maclaren and lambo drivers put their thumb up and smile.

But by far cant count the number of lambo drivers pulled over by cops.

DBomb117 and Napoli like this.
  19. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If you have trouble with your cars being keyed and messed with in other way, try out a HA sticker on the car, problem solved :)

20. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What's an HA sticker?

21. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It's a joke so I hope no one got offended - but I meant a hells angels sticker

On a side note I saw a yellow Murcielago a few years back with a big hells angels sticker on the back side panel and I think that car was regularly parked on the streets in the city and seemed to be untouched

22. Rami Hajjar

Rami Hajjar Rookie

Apr 30, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Rami H
    I thought I was getting a lot of attention in my rosso met. 488(lowered w/ custom wheels, exhaust and carbon everything), but compared to my rosso Urus, it was nothing. I can't drive anywhere w/o people asking me to literally stop to talk and take pics of it.

I'm usually happy to talk and let them sit in the car. I had nothing growing up and only dreamed of even seeing one of these let alone be able to sit in any exotic car.

I live in Long Island so Ferrari's and Porsche's(my 991.2 gt3 only gets attention by people who know what it is or it's guards red color, which helps make it stand out) are all over but so far the Urus seems to be limited my local dealer said there's have been rolling in slow and not a crazy amount sold it which is odd for this area.

When my Urus get's out of the shop i'm sure that will make it even more noticeable w/ the wheels, yellow calipers, blacked out tints, trim, door handles, and spoiler, slightly lowered and so on.

Thankfully I have a few non-red cars that I can use when i'm not in the talking or attention mood, even though my Raptor rocky ridge gets plenty of attention by bikers and truck people, and in a not so good way by people who get mad its so big and uses "so much gas" when its a 3.5 V6 ecoboost engine, if they only knew!

23. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Something about the aggressive lines/spaceship styling of a Lambo I guess. Between the Urus, Pista, and 812, the Lamborghini gets more attention by faaaar. Even more so when I had an Aventador. The only Ferrari that seems to attract more attention around here are the unicorns like LaFerraris, Enzo, etc.

Can't wait for someone to report after driving around in a Koenigsegg Jesko :D

Rami Hajjar likes this.
  24. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    NuorderSG likes this.
  25. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    in the suburbs of LA at least, most people kinda assume you are an ******* in a red ferrari, so they refused to look at you or start a conversation even if they noticed your car (gas station, grocery etc.). I always caught them peeping without trying to let you see they are checking out the car. On the road it does attract attention of other drivers, or other cars trying to race you. In the beach city areas though, ferraris are dime a dozen and people have a more natural response to it, they might make some small talks about the car and is not afraid to let you know they are looking.
    But one thing I am sure is lambos attract way more attention/response from people. Even my 60 year old El Salvadorian gardener asked me "why dont u get a lambo instead?", as if a lambo is supposedly a better/pricier car than a ferrari

NuorderSG likes this.