Crazy to want a Lusso? | FerrariChat

Crazy to want a Lusso?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by dustman, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Stopped by my dealer as we completed the Pista order but honestly I am more excited about picking up a used Lusso v12. Sat in one and love the interior and design. Can’t believe it’s actually a real 4 seater.

GS would be a nice exterior color.

Was smart enough to leave without doing a drive!

uhn2000, Bas, paulchua and 1 other person like this.
  2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Haha! Yeah Lusso can do that... I started by just paying a visit to a F dealer, with no intention to buy anything. The wife and I were sold when we sat in a Lusso. It was a done deal! We opted for GS as well, which is a very nice and deep color, but still remains stealth enough to avoid crowd gathering around you at the supermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

BaronM69 likes this.
  3. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The Lusso interior is a great place to be. Wait until you’ve driven one!

uhn2000, 635CSI and Bas like this.
  4. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    All things to all men. Sport mode with bumpy road setting around the Alps.......perfect.

uhn2000 and 350MH83 like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you initially wanted a Pista, but like the idea abou the V12 etc. you may want to give the 812 a look. I'm a huge fan of the FF, F12 and especially the 812. I also love the 488. However, while I will agree that the Lusso is a nice place to be, the driving experience was a big disappointment. Way too soft and numb feeling. Yes it has the V12, but when I closed my eyes, I might as well have been in a Panamera or Merc S AMG.
    That's the first time I've been in a Ferrari where I did not feel like I was in a Ferrari.
    If you actually don't need the back seats, but like the idea of the V12 GT, try the 812. It's an absolute masterpiece.

jyupitt and KenU like this.
  6. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I don’t agree. I had to make room for the incoming Pista. So sell the Lusso, the TDF or 812 Superfast ? (Didn’t even consider selling the Aperta). The Lusso is my daily driver and I wouldn’t know what to replace it with? The TDF is my go to cat when I want to really want to have fun and I love the sound. The Superfast sort of fit in between and I hardly used it. It is gorgeous, Pozzi with Couio with Blu Sterling dash and Daytona seat accents. I’ve owned the 812 over a year and only drove 800 miles and half of that was one trip to Daytona.
    You guessed it, I just traded my 812 Superfast.

350MH83 and Elisesko like this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #7 ttforcefed, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    id consider an FF over a lusso. Lusso is a bit too refined and i dont love the fins in the front. FF has a more aggressive and classic stance in my opinion. and the values are pretty fully depreciated.

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Let me ask you this. Would it have been the same have you not had a TdF?
    If you had a Lusso and an 812, would you still let the 812 go? Don't misunderstand me, but it does kind of "easy" to keep the Lusso and sell the 812 when you have a TdF to fill that gap.

If you were initially looking for the sporty experience of a Pista, and you had neither an 812 or Lusso and don't need the Lusso as your daily, donyou really think the Lusso is the better alternative to the 812? Sure, if you already have a TdF, you're not really losing anything. But unless you really need that rear seat and really want the softness from the Lusso, I just don't see where you're coming from. The 812 is a great blend of sportyness and a GT personallity, the Lusso is pretty much just a big and soft exec car that rolls and wallow over the crests and through the corners when one tries to push it.
    I guess my thinking is, that if a Lusso would suit you better, I'm not sure why one would even consider a Pista in the first place. It just strikes me as ifvthe Pista initially had some appeal, the logic V12 alternative would be the 812 as it is such a fun split personality car.

9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I love the Lusso. I miss my Lusso. And despite the depreciation and some pretty negative comments over the months here on Fchat about it, I will get another.

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Why would it be crazy to want a Lusso?

Boomhauer likes this.
  11. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Your experience of the Lusso is really at odds with most who own them. Be interesting to hear about what you currently own and drive.

deltona likes this.
  12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    He said Lusso was his “daily”, 812 can not compete with it in that regard, especially when dealing with inclement weather.
    812 is great for weekend fun but Lusso is unbeatable in daily use.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #13 Il Co-Pilota, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    I don't think I'm at odds with most. I'm at odds with some. Look around in some of these threads, I'm not alone with the opinion that the Lusso V12 has gone soft.
    Ownership or no ownership, I have plenty of experience both on road and track, and I was also a member here years ago. I personally think the FF is more engaging and fun than the Lusso V12, that's my opinion based on first hand experience. Based on first hand experience with the 458 and 488, as well as the F12 andb812, yes I stand by my statement that I don't see the Lusso being a great alternative if one originally wanted a Pista. But based on the time I've spent with the 812, which was very recently, I do think it's a more logic alternative to the Pista if someone initially find the interior of the Lusso a nice place to be. Do I think the Lusso V12 is a bad car? No, not at all. But I do think it has strayed a bit too far away from the sporty GT feel of the FF. Even in bumpy road mode, the FF is more firm than the Lusso in sport. This is not an assumption, that's actual fact I'm quite sure we can agree. We don't have to agree on whether that's a good or bad thing, because that's purely subjective. I also think that we can agree that things such as ambient noise and wind noise control is far superior in the Lusso over the FF.
    On a purely subjective level, I feel that the Lusso had been better balanced if Ferrari had made a greater gap between comfort and sport mode, and this overall greater softness the Lusso V12 exhibits compared to its predecessor as well as its GT and mid engined V8 sportscar siblings, means that I somehow find it to stray a bit too far away from the Ferrari DNA for my taste.
    Interestingly, there are people here who say the Lusso T is actually better in this regard. But I'm yet to experience it myself, so I don't have a clue if this is true or not so I will not even begin to debate that.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Did u read the post correctly? He is pro lusso no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm not pro in relation to a Lusso instead of a Pista. I made the argument that if someone initially wanted a Pista, but he or she then found himself or herself more drawn to a front engined V12 GT, that then the 812 might be a better and more logical choice.
    Then I voiced my opinion that I think the Lusso has lost its sportyness the FF had, and I think this is why I don't see the Lusso being a great alternative to a Pista.
    Am I generally against the Lusso Vq2? No, not at all. But I don't think it's as much of a fun split personallity car the FF was, and I think that's a shame.

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ff and lusso are very similar. Ff is less refined. Both great dds. Wld love to get the lusso infotainment into the ff.

17. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I absolutely love my V12 Lusso. Granted I put an exhaust on it because the sound was slightly disappointing stock but otherwise all around an incredible machine that I can put the kids in

ScottS likes this.
  18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    FF is $150, Lusso v12 about $210, so not that different in the big scheme.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Novitec? I have that on my ff - its insane.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    U can get a clean 20k mile ff for 115. Ur gonna lose another 90k on lusso from here.

21. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Nothing wrong wanting a lusso. I just bought my 3rd V12 Lusso.

uhn2000, deltona and Boomhauer like this.
  22. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    If I only owned one Ferrari and was not going to use my Ferrari as a daily driver, I would have a mid-rear engine Ferrari. Then I would buy a Lusso as my daily driver as there is nothing that compares for its sporty yet user friendliness. It’s so easy to live with and when you want performance it’s 90% of what the 812 brings.

23. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Just get something better (except for the badge) from Audi BMW Merc or Porsche and four proper doors. For 1/3 money.

Just buy Ferrari if it offers the ultimate.

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I find all those models to be so cookie cutter boring. Esp BMW. No point.

vraa likes this.
  25. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Why three Lussos?
    High miles or problems?