430 - Top Speed Pro-1 Exhaust | FerrariChat

430 Top Speed Pro-1 Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by vv23, May 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Hey guys,

Does anyone have this exhaust on their car? I'm considering getting it....price point is fantastic and the reviews on the headers have been fairly good.

Any review will help.

Thanks

2. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Had this on my 360, before I put a CS system on. Sounded good, had the high "F1" pitched wail. Very light system, think it tipped the scale just over 20 lbs. tip to tip. There are no valves so the system was loud...too loud for my wife! The system was highly polished and even though it was stainless steel, it stained pretty bad while I had it. I tried everything to clean it up but nothing worked. Overall construction was pretty good, welds were clean and I didn't have to do anything to mount the system. These are pics I took when I sold it, after a couple months of being on the car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  3. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    They should change their name to Buckley’s. “It’s ugly, but it works!”

The4DA, whatheheck and Ghostdiver like this.
  4. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
  5. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    When I Google exhausts for my 360 I always see a Top Speed titanium version. Anyone tried that? It's cheap and seems like it would be a good way to drop some LBs.

6. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    My 360 was louder with the Titanium topspeed vs straight piped from the cats with no muffler.

two things to keep in mind when shopping for exhaust, Pitch and volume.

The top end sounds great, nice pitch/tone.

However, low end, sub 4000 rpm, wayyyy to much volume/drone and boomy tone/pitch.

This is my vid with the topspeed

7. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Sounds pretty good. Looks not as good though. lol

Wonder if its worth welding exhaust valves into it.

8. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Anything is possible but where would you put valves in? There really is no practical place to add valves since it is a essentially a single in and single out on each side. As far as sound goes, this system is louder than my CS at idle with the valves open.

9. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Keep this in mind as well....you tagged this for a 430, so I assume you are working on/have a 430. Even though these cars are very similar, there are some key differences related to you post. Mine is a 99 with stock headers which means no pre-cats (louder). Brookliner7 has a similar setup to mine as shown in the video...stock headers w/no precats. Both are 360's so we have the 5 valve heads which some say have a higher pitch than the later model 430 engine. I can't tell....spent too much time on the flightline and at the range.....

So, even if you have headers with no precats, it's not gonna sound the same as a 360. Just keep that in mind. Just know that it's gonna be louder and keeping it clean will be a PITA, unless they have changed their manufacturing process.

one4torque and brookliner7 like this.
  10. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    The headers are great

11. Nholmes11

Nholmes11 Rookie

Dec 23, 2020
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi gsworld, do you still feel that way now? I just purchased a 2005 F430 and am in the market...and these are much better on the wallet, but didn’t know if it was worth spending $4k or if these are plenty?!? Thanks!

12. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Hi guys,

As an update, I did end up getting the top speed exhaust for the F430 and welded aftermarket valves in.

I much prefer the sound and look over stock, and with valves no drone while crusing. I would definetly recommend it.

If anyone needs an OEM F430 exhaust system I have an extra one now.

13. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S

Yes. Very happy with my purchase.. no issues.

Nholmes11 likes this.