NBA off season | FerrariChat

NBA off season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Jun 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    now that finals are over, it should be a fun and interesting off season. some predictions -

kd and klay stay with gsw. kd possibly goes to knicks, sits out year, and comes back as Carmelo 2.0.

kwahi leaves for clippers and they become best team in west.

kyrie goes to nets, which will be huge mistake. hes a bad attitude weirdo. plus theyre a guard heavy team as it is. they need Anthony davis and or tobias harris. how about trade dlo, and joe harris with picks for ad?

knicks will need to make a splash. cant even imagine what stupidity they can come up with to way over pay for a mediocre player on downside and spend next 5 yrs trying to get out from it.

Houston needs to do something big. can they move chris paul somewhere? knicks could be good dumping ground for him. see above. lol

LeBron needs something big too. with gsw down next season, its his chance for relevance again. must kill him that no one talks about him anymore, kd better, kawahi better, etc.

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I say KD stays with GS because they lost. If they won I still think he might have stayed. But chances higher since they lost.

Klay will stay without a doubt. He made it clear he is more interested in championships than money.

3. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Hey...no rush on the off season let's just sit for a day and enjoy the finish of last year!

I'm curious to see the off-season as well. It is with great sadness that we expect Kawhi to leave in the off season. Our fans and basketball environment gave him a reason to stay but playing ball and enjoying the sunshine/coast seems like a win win.

MKE did a hell of a run and came up just a touch short. With such a run after a rebuild one most think they have moves to make for Salary Cap concerns. Happens in every sport but for true basketball fans, have we hit that point yet?

LeBron sure needs to do something. With some of the names and performances this year it certainly did not stick out as a whole team.

Lots of potential for a new champion next year...curious to see who is going to make the moves.

4. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  5. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Milwaukee Bucks - Sorry!

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    oh. I don't think gianis will do as well next season unless he gets an outside game going. Toronto created that 'wall' at free throw line and stopped him pretty nicely. others will follow. and that shows how great kd really is. siakam, gianis are similar big guys who are can play like a guard but neither can shoot like kd. hes one of a kind

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Does GSW give KD and Klay Max contracts is what I want to know.

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I believe they will offer max to both. I say klay takes it and kd is 70/30 yes

butcher likes this.
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    So they both get Max contracts, but they are unavailable for the first year. This implies their roster cannot improve. They will also be in a new stadium. I hope they are at least a decent team, but doesn't sound like they will be a winning team.

10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They should - they both deserve it.

11. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I agree with this, but aren’t you always wrong though?

95spiderman likes this.
  12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    They should, but at the end of the day business is business and they pay for future performance which is up in the air at the moment (much more so with KD). It would look horrible PR-wise if they don't offer supermax, but their team will be the dumps for a while if they do. Kind of a lose-lose situation.

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good point

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    always wrong picking scores but only wrong sometimes predicting trades/signings.

most interesting team is knicks. they gave away porzingus as a salary dump just to get kd/kyrie. but I don't think they can take the risk on kd considering theyre worst franchise in sports and have zero good will or trust w anyone. do they skip free agency completely and go youth rebuild/tank for 2020 then re do free agents next season? sign 2nd tier free agents now and be mediocre? jump in on kd anyway?

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I can see the Knicks offering KD a supermax. They have a good history of overpaying for players (see Allan Houston contract). KD will never be the same, but I hope he proves me wrong. He has missed over 100 games in his career due to injury...and he will be a year older when he comes back.

16. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    AD to Lakers. Pelicans made out good. #1 and #4 picks next week. Bet they trade #4 for more assets or star player.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    whaaaat??!!! couldve gotten such a better deal out of nets instead! those lakers are scrubs. nets couldve given them their choice of dlo, levert, dinwiddie, along with leagues best 3pt shooter in joe harris, and their picks. ad wouldve made nets legit contender. i am pissed!

18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    and lakers are now odds on favorite win it all. thats crazy. or maybe nba is going to be a 2 on 2 league?

19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Exactly. Lakers locker room was ransacked. Even if they get an all-star point guard, the situation could end up like GSW with no bench. LBJ is getting older with a lot of mileage. His injury this season took him out of the lineup for a number of games.

I think the Pelicans did better than expected. Boston and other teams knew AD would be a one year rental so NO did not have the best leverage. Ball can be an all star, same with Ingram. Hart is no scrub. Plus 3 first round picks to surround Zion. NO could be scary in 3 years Dont know how well Ball and Holliday will work together. Maybe Ball gets traded.

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I wonder how much KD's injury pushed LA to get AD now rather than wait a year. With KD out all season and Klay for a decent amount, they probably want to strike while the iron is hot and GS is down and Houston tries to reshuffle their lineup. Like you say Lebron is not getting any younger so don't push off a possible championship run yet another season...

ShineKen likes this.
  21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i understand lakers motivation to get lebron a running mate, but i still say pels couldve done much better elsewhere (nets) than what they got from la.

22. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Absolutely correct. Add Kemba hope no one gets injured go for broke.

3 first rounders and 3 first round picks including this year's #4? Doubtful. I would take Ball over Russell more upside.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    [QUOTE="Doubtful. I would take Ball over Russell more upside.[/QUOTE]

them's fighting words!!! ball is a nothing. gurard who cant shoot a free throw?! are you kidding me? dlo is a mini splash brother with unlimited range and gorgeous high arc that only hits bottom of net. thing of beauty. plus hes very underrated passer. of course ball has upside considering hes at the bottom. given all that, its possible dlo peaked this season and will drop down once he gets his $.

aaronrgonz likes this.
  24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Lol. Russell had one all star season but it says something that LA including Magic jettisoned him and kept Ball. Ball was injured a lot. He had a good summer league and is a pass first PG which will work well with Zion. Im not sure NO keeps him because Jrue is playing well.

We will see but im excited for NO.

25. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    DLo needs to come to Dallas, he would fit right in with our Euro boys.