Carrera GT | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Carrera GT

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

It would be nice to bring this car back to life, but as can be the case with cars like this, it's a goal best left to someone else's time & money.

2. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

NürScud likes this.
  3. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

NürScud likes this.
  4. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
  5. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Located at Bingo Sports in Tokyo, Japan.

6. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Looks great in red!!

7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Probably car #1116, Carrara White with Terracotta interior. There are actually a number of cars in this combination, not surprising as it looks great!

plastique999 likes this.
  8. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    There is a silver/ascot with 5800 miles going up for auction at RM in Monterey in a couple months, they said expecting $650-700k. Saw it at Rodeo Concourse. Will be interesting to see what it goes for....

Sent from my 16M

schwoo likes this.
  10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Yep, I was presented with WP0CA298X5L001399 / #0851 back in September 2018 - considering that estimate, it sounds like they should have taken the offer I made them at the time. :)

Here she is:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Correct... trying to finalise a deal!

12. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

The Arancio Borealis car will be going to auction at RM Monterey at no reserve, will be interesting to see how this one does!

We are currently in a great buyer's market for the Carrera GT after all the sales that took place last year - transactions have slowed now and better deals are possible as a result.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Stunning!

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Best of luck!
    Hope it works out and keep us updated

Sent from my 16M

15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Had a chance to spend the day with my CGT, some driving impressions...
    Saturday was a car meet that had me pre registered with the CGT (wanted to drive the Speciale as it would have been easier). Woke up again to a drizzle and was hesitant but it won’t melt in the rain, right? Open the garage door, unhook the battery tender, and the experience begins... unlatch the heavy door which releases with a loud mechanical click. Instantly enveloped with the distinct leather smell that nostalgically reminds me a bit of my dad’s old 924. Step over the large CF side sill into the CF tub. Slide into the narrow, vertically upright seats. Heavy clutch in, and turn the key with left hand and waggle the beechwood stick with the the right hand. Slide my hand along the smooth magnesium console. Fire up the engine to instantly feel the vibrations of the car and the howl of the NA V10. Warm up engine for a few minutes and inhale more Porsche aroma. Listen to the chatter of the clutch. No creature comforts.
    Slow release of clutch to auto-throttle in reverse and feel heavy steering on a slow turn. Difficult to reverse and maneuver when slow (needs speed!), large aerodynamic driver’s mirror obstructs view on left hand turn. First couple minutes shift from first to third to let 2nd gear warm up (common in these cars). It’s raining, tires cold, so drive 60 on freeway. Window wiper ain’t so smooth but does the trick. Drive towards dry weather.
    Then open her up! Once warm, pedal to the medal, with some quick clutch releases, and the V10 is screaming! Car “feels” lightning quick, no nannies. Heel-toe, rev match on downshift takes getting used to after driving paddle shifter cars. Everything feels mechanical. When I arrive to the gathering on Colorado Bridge in Pasadena, windows down, the most common compliment I hear is “Gorgeous!”
    Have to reverse into diagonal position which honestly takes me a few times. Press the rear wing button to elevate it, cool. Hob nob with friends, talk about the CGT history with some new people, then off to breakfast. Spirited drive home, and safely back in the garage. Last look back at the CF weave under the GT silver paint. Car needs a wash.
    It was a good day.

(Would post pics but problem with Tapatalk)

Sent from my 16M

Graz, Camelot, mclaren slr and 6 others like this.
  16. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Thank you for that!

plastique999 likes this.
  17. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I was at this last drive...always epic!
    I don’t think I can make this one but please post pics!!!

Sent from my 16M

Sterling Sackey likes this.
  19. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

20. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

21. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

NürScud and joe sackey like this.