finally bought a WHITE Testarossa | Page 5 | FerrariChat

finally bought a WHITE Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Parnelli, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Chris, you’ve got wonderful taste in cars. Lovely collection.

PineChris likes this.
  2. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Great pictures Chris! . I’ve been meaning to ask you, where did you get that Miami Vice sticker?

3. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    this arrived today :).

Now I just need my car back home. It’s been sitting at the shop for the past 3 weeks as we wait for Capristo to ship us the new exhaust system. Supposedly it will be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    As cheesy as MV was I really liked the show. They used to film in my neighborhood in Coconut Grove. Interesting to note the non existence of cell phones, non-surgically enhanced breasts, cool stuff along the Miami River, etc. But boy was Miami cool then...gotta love the '80's!

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Fake boobs have been around for 50 years though. Less of them but they definitely existed back then;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Replacement parts if installed correctly are more than acceptable!:)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I had them custom made.

8. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Parnelli-

Has the muffler arrived? Why’d you send the car in if the part wasn't in stock? You should be driving it and enjoying it! I cant wait to see/hear it, I’m sure it'll be amazing.

9. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Work has been super busy and I have had a few other car projects going on as well.

Anyway, I got the TR back on Monday. The Capristo sounds AWESOME!!!!! Total transformation of the car IMO. Some people prefer stock exhaust and I can appreciate that. But for me personally it was too "uneventful" sounding.

I would recommend Capristo if you are thinking of adding a sports exhaust. I need to warn you, though, it IS loud! You better have a good relationship with your next door neighbors :)

The indy who installed it for me pretty much works on Ferrari's only. Has for 30 years. He's worked on eight TR's in the past year or so.
    So while we were waiting for the part to arrive from overseas I left the car there and had him go thru the entire car. When he called me back with his assessment I was a bit afraid (financially) of what he'd find.
    His response was "buddy, you got your self a great car! I didn't find any issues with it at all". I have to admit.....I slept A LOT better that night :)

I made a quick video of a cold start (the car hadn't been started in two days). I'll try to post it here. It is not the best quality or very long because I didn't want to piss my neighbors off :). Crank the volume on when u listen to it for a better idea of the sound

blkdiablo33, xplodee and Shamile like this.
  10. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Damn, I just tried to upload the video but I got an error message saying that the "uploaded file is too large" :(

WestCoasta likes this.
  11. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Throw it on youtube and post the link. You can make it link access only if you want....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Dude you are giving me WAY too much technology credit :) I have no idea how to do that! LOL!!

13. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Nat made this Youtube video for me!

blkdiablo33 and xplodee like this.
  14. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Sounds WAY better!! Congratulations bro!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Parnelli likes this.
  15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Maybe wait until full operating temperature first next time lol
    When fully warm, you'll get a nice "staccato " note when you rev the engine.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Shamile makes a good point. Actually I didn’t rev it much above 4K in that video because it was a “cold start”. And, like I said, I didn’t want to piss off my neighbors :)
    So in reality this thing will sound even that much more aggressive.
    I’ll make another video sometime after the car is fully warmed up and I am able to rev it up to a higher level

Shamile likes this.
  17. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Car looks and sounds wonderful! You took your time and I think you ended up finding on of the nicest white ones, especially considering what you paid.

I really want to hear a capristo in person. I am desperate for more noise and better tone at higher rpm’s, but worried about how loud it will be inside the cabin. I get tired and fatigued driving loud cars.

18. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    It is definitely louder in the cabin. It's weird, but it almost seems louder with the windows rolled up vs down. I couldn't deal with that extra sound if this were my daily driver!
    But of course this is just a weekend "toy" so the sound makes me smile :)

19. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Do you know if they have versions that feature more baffling? Or just the stage 3?

20. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I really do not know. Honestly I just went with whatever my Ferrari mechanic recommended. He and I had talked about Capristo for a few years (I've known him for 5+ years and told him that I was interested in someday getting a TR). He had put one on another customers TR and loved it. Even more than Tubi.

I'm assuming you have already looked at their website but here it is just in case

https://capristoexhaust.com/product-category/ferrari/ferrari-512-testarossa/

Somebody very recently told me that there may be an option where u can turn the exhaust on/off with a switch. Not sure if that is true or not. Unfortunately mine was ordered and installed by the time I learned of that info so mine is "on" all of the time. I'm sure there is somebody else here that could confirm if that option is actually available.

The only time I would turn it into "off" mode is when starting the car and driving out of my driveway in the early mornings , or when entering large public parking ramps as it echoes loudly, and it is loud when driving in downtown environments where the sound echoes off of the tall buildings.

Thankfully I get to the office by 7:00 AM, but when I took it to the office last week the sound off of those tall buildings on each side of the street definitely wakes u up !! :)

xplodee likes this.
  21. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Great review, thank you!

22. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Shamile, blkdiablo33 and xplodee like this.
  23. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
  24. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california