Poss F355 sale. GTS 6 SPD, valve's done. Eng out 4/30/19 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Poss F355 sale. GTS 6 SPD, valve's done. Eng out 4/30/19

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by FLORIDAsnakeEyes, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#26 Cigarzman, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Apparently you do have “ a dog in this fight “ otherwise you wouldn’t have made such a ridiculous comment in someone else’s sale thread. Again , please get some business and mind it. Best , Kirk.

Yellow02Z06 likes this.
  2. J30022

J30022 Rookie

May 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeff P
    Cigarzman, here is your post from another thread, I guess you are the only one that you feel is entitled to comment on someone's price!!!

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2019-ferrari-portofino.592213/page-2#post-146643560

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    CigarzmanF1 Veteran
    Rossa SubscribedOwner

May 7, 2014
    Sarasota , Florida
    Full Name:
    Kirk
    #31Jun 4, 2019

Great looking Porto though. But LoL on the asking price.
    Looks like it’s now 23k over MSRP at the dealer in Omaha. What cool-aid are they drinking?

3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

A little ballsy for your 3rd post J3022 no?

4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Well whatever happens, the future owner will get a car thats turn key. With that being said, Its a shame that 355s are such great looking cars, but mechanically they are pieces of **** , same for the coming apart interiors. You would think Ferrari would have made the 355 as bullet proof as a 308 / 328 / 348 / F40 , but they did not. The 360s and 430s are In my estimation , are better mechanically , not as good looking as a 355 B or GTS although the interior parts still have the same problem as with the 355 , like I said before, it would be funny if it was not so pathetic. I like threads about these cars, because I could never afford any Ferrari after the 430 . So threads on possible sales, as well as issues are interesting to me. My 328 has 102 K miles and its issues have always been routine maintenance. Valve guides, bad manifolds , crappy F1 gearboxes, new half shafts, and whatever else is going on with the 355 s its a nightmare in my opinion. I also heard that the belt changes on 360s are every three years no matter what the miles / Kms are, which negates the fact that you can change them with while the motor is still in the car. Good thread as always

Thank you

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

ginoBBi512 - 1 day ban for bypassing the profanity filter.

D

6. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    ginoBBi512, my friend, you are completely clueless and I have to disagree with you here.

Yassa likes this.
  7. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Sorry for the language, I appreciate your reply I believe in plain speaking FERRARI HAS NOT MASS PRODUCED A MID MOUNTED V8 WITH THE RELIABILITY OF THE 328 SINCE THE 328 PERIOD ITS THAT SIMPLE with that being said Ferrari lost its way with the design of the 360 and the 430 is not that much better. When the 458 came out it was a proper looking machine its too bad it only came with paddles same for the 488 and so on. Like the other guy said Ferrari is a marketing company that builds cars on the side Take a look at the 25 years old pictures in the other thread thats posted good debate though PS For the prices of all these new F cars they should be as reliable as a Toyota Camry but they are not and its only because OF GREED its that simple.

Thank you

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

This entire conversation doesn't belong in the classified section.

Please take this argument elsewhere.

D

9. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    To reply about the reliability of these cars, I would agree.

However, I successfully addressed the major issues that F355s have:

- German GT race shaft replacing the stock shaft
    - bulletproof fabspeed headers to address the horribly engineered stock headers that are paper thin
    - valve guides replaced with better than stock race grade valve guides and engine rebuilt to alleviate any future issues with hill engineering products
    - dual mass replaced with a 360 style spring clutch matched with lightened flywheel

This car will last longer than any stock car
    And is race proven on the track by many other in European F355s with the same setup proving extremely reliable with this configuration.

With all the work done this is quite the F355.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ScottS likes this.
  10. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jeff , if you actually read the thread the car was sold to a dealer. I commented on what the dealer was asking NOT the OP. Do your homework better and pay attention in class. Best ,Kirk.

19633500GT and Enzojr like this.
  11. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

LAST WARNING.

If it ain't about the car, in the ad, then it doesn't belong here.

Kirk, thread ban for you.

D

ScottS and Cigarzman like this.
  12. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    #37 FLORIDAsnakeEyes, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    TTT, wish I had a bowl of popcorn here. Car will be in another color soon (3M wrap). When that happens (SEPT) she will no longer be on the market.

13. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Also the price is $129k on Hemmings.