[VIDEO] 6 Speed Manual Challenge Stradale | FerrariChat

[VIDEO] 6 Speed Manual Challenge Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by teoh2005, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teoh2005

teoh2005 Rookie

Jul 28, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Khanh
  2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Congratulations.

My car was quite similar to yours about 10 years ago before I started the serious weight loss diet but even then it felt great as a gated car so I know how much fun it is. Enjoy!

3. basscase415

basscase415 Karting

Jun 10, 2017
    CA
    Thanks for posting this, I was always super-curious to see some video from that car. I love the spec.

4. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Great video. Reminds me what REAL shifting is like. Thanks for posting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Sir, you own the most perfect car in existence. Congrats

Dewinator and arizonaitalian like this.
  6. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Wow thats awsome.. We should get the Manual CS, Manual Scud, f1 scud and F1 Cs together. That would be great!

7. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    Congratulations on the car! Real nice find.

8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Modified a rare car!

????

I love it!

9. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Now this (manual in a CS) makes more sense to me than the scud manual. I bet that car is a ton of fun!

10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    where are all the f1 lovers?

this thing rocks!

11. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Wow a real CS and manual shift..Perfect.

12. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I don't really understand this. Why when they are virtually the same car...? Same chassis with same wishbones in exact same locations (braced in the floorpan a bit), same doors, same roof, same front lid, same windshield, etc. Some people have even swapped headlights, rear quarters and lights etc and full interior and made a 360 look exactly like a Scuderia. Personally I don't see the point but it has been done. The Scud is just a facelifted CS with a few more ponies and a lot more refinement.

Only real tangible differences are the extra power, the electronic diff (still working in either f1 or gated car), a bit more power and smarter version of the ecu and abs unit (switchable maps), a bit more braking, a bit more aggressive geo.

Take away rawness of the CS, emotions and exhaust sound and really a Scud is just a more finished/refined/better built CS with about 20% more of everything... Why would any of that make going gated a bad idea vs this CS converted?

one4torque likes this.
  13. teoh2005

teoh2005 Rookie

Jul 28, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Khanh

For those into Sim Racing, wanted to be able enjoy the car as best as possible when weather was bad so had ACR (Assetto Corsa Racer) create a Mod file of my Challenge Stradale.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/403042269883364/

Does the job when I can't take the car out. Gave him feedback on design/physics and was satisfied with the end product.

Thx

Khanh

kingrooz likes this.
  14. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    In short, the scud is significantly faster and things, therefore, happen faster and the automated manual makes more sense, especially at the track. In addition, and more significant, the scud's single-clutch transmission is fantastic. As I've said many times, it, more than any other single aspect of the car, defines it and the transmission makes the car truly special. To replace it makes no sense to me.

15. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Well my 360 is about as quick as a typical 458 and 430 Scuderia in a straight line now due to so much weight loss and alo quicker through the corners (driver experience required!) due the having to manage less mass through the corners and having better mechanical grip afforded by 430 Challenge race car setup which includes wider front rims than a stock Scuderia which helps with understeer. Yes its a helluva lot quicker than a stock CS but its not quick enough that it gets somehow unmanageable. It amazing fun...

My McLaren is a dual clutch and basically seamless shift but I don't find it any more involving however with the planned 950hp+ upgrade coming soon that would pretty much be the point where it gets too silly to try to row myself. That is a car purely defined by big numbers so entire experience is entirely about the speed whereas anything under 650 hp is easily manageable and livable with a 6-speed. Hell a lot of F40 and F50 owners wouldn't say their car is worse off due to the lack of flappy paddles.

I guess your opinion is based on the fact that the Scud has the best of the (AMT) automated manual transmissions ever produced and by the way, AMT was originally designed as just a stop gap technology before dual clutch was ready. Personally I think so much involvement goes when you get rid of gated that unless your car has over 650hp it looses a lot of the enjoyment for me, regardless of whether its really a few ms faster on the road or not. So in that sense junking paddleshifts (regardless of whether they are dual clutch fast or AMT tech made fast) doesn't really matter. The perfect solution ofcourse would be to have 2 Scuds, a paddleshift one and an AMT one converted to gated ;)

EhellGuapo, INTMD8 and jg360 like this.
  16. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Okay, if you say so.

f355spider likes this.
  17. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    SICK! is that stock exhaust and stock cats?