TG Chris Harris and 488 Pista | FerrariChat

TG Chris Harris and 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by kevin1244, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2 Shadowfax, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Not sure why he is so critical on the interior. Maybe he feels he has to find a point of criticism to be fair on the competitors cars rather than have nothing negative to say at all. Frankly I really like the interior and in comparison to what I've seen in Lambo and Mac etc the 488 interior to me is by far more stylish.

I've seen the dash and interior in the earlier 458 and while there are certain similarities they are no greater than what you see in between the year models of Lambo, Porsche etc where the interiors are evolutionary in design rather than revolutionary such as what we now see in SF90.

kevin1244 and Ash Patel like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agree with you. Nothing wrong with the 488 interior.

Motorwerks and kevin1244 like this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah there's more right about the 488 interior than wrong especially if comparing the direct competitions interior (lambo and mac) which both warrant criticism imo.

I would however agree that the 488 seats are under-cushioned though - although still relatively comfortable on long trips.....but would be nicer with a bit more padding on the swab.

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Lambo interior to me looks a little gimicky. The buttons and switches are a bit childish imo. The Mac interior is great but their interface on the computer needs improvement. I like the placement and and layout but the software could be much better.

The infotainment system On the 488 sucks but the visual appeal is better than its competitors.

Motorwerks and boobernackle like this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I've never been a fan of the squared off look of the Lambo interior and digital dash least of all the gimmicky mottled CF and other "look at me" finishes. The Mac's interior is OK with exception of the steering wheel and ridiculous misplacement of the seat controls but doesn't have anywhere near the style of the Ferrari interior. I'd agree the Ferrari's interface is woeful though but then you have the Mac's electronics which can be very problematic.

I don't think I'm ever going to be a fan of digital dashes - much prefer the more analog gauges.....like a tach with a proper clock and needle etc.

Napoli likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Mac seat controls are atrocious. Worth thing ever. But other than that I have no issues with the interior other than the aforementioned software interface. I’ve had no software glitches on my car but understand that a few others have.

As far as elegance- Ferrari is unmatched.

8. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    New and digital is better? Hardly the case most of time.

9. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Interesting to see how the TG edit, as well as CH's behavior, is very similar to JClarkson's presentation. I guess there are only so many ways to be stoked about a car.

accelerate - eyebrow raise - quote some numbers - drift a corner - remark about present model's superiority to predecessor - gun it down straight - maniacal laugh - rapid edit with high framerate pr0n shots - cut

i re-watched CH's LaF review (CH on Cars) and he didn't really mention the center 3-button console, inherited by the Pista, beyond saying the LaF interior is unmistakably Ferrari. Now it's not just dated but medieval. OK.
    Personally, I find the 488, and by extension Pista, interior quite agreeable. It's certainly preferably, in my estimation, to have an analogue tach with it's rich depth over the SF90's digital pano-monstrosity.

Ferrari, I know the days of giants have passed and it's a new era, but at least throw a dog a bone and keep a veneer of analogue with your new creations.

10. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Regarding interior, one thing that doesn’t ever seem to get mentioned is how spacious the 488 is compared to the Mac and, especially, the Lambo. I spent this weekend in a Huracan, a 720, and my 488 GTB. It was never more evident or welcoming to me how much more room the 488 has as when I got back into mine to go home.

Doesn’t matter to me how nice or modern the interior is if I have to contort and struggle to enter and exit a car - and suffer in between. As far as interiors are concerned, space and comfort are king.

Igor Ound likes this.
  11. It's funny but I actually find the 488 interior a bit too spacious; in fact, I sort of prefer the tighter more cockpit like layout of the Mclarens by comparison.

kevin1244 likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I agree with this. I like the cockpit feel. 488 is definitely spacious but perhaps too spacious?

kevin1244 likes this.
  13. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    What Shadowfax said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Harris is the biggest mclaren shill

REALZEUS likes this.
  15. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    Was the clip above a sneak peek at the upcoming season of Top Gear?

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Yes, started yesterday and it’s pretty awful

stavura likes this.
  17. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    I have an Aventador, which I love, but my 488 is laid out much better IMO, and MUCH more comfortable.

18. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit. ;)

johnr265 likes this.