ecu reset after fitting a aftermarket exhaust a must ? | FerrariChat

ecu reset after fitting a aftermarket exhaust a must ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Aj360, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    Ok guys so I posted a thread having dramas with the capristo level 3 ... I fitted the level 3 and test pipes ... did a oil change plugs service so on as well’ when we started the car it was loud but More a rough loud ... didn’t seem to sound like the level 3 had no f1 tone or that capristo sound... the only thing I can think is it’s not sounding the way it should cause we didn’t reset the ecu by switching it off under the bonnet doing the steps to relearn ... other thing was timings out ?? Or the standard headers are cracked possibly .. everything else seems ok starts well Idles okay just no nice tone ..... any help be great

2. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Could be a leak in the exhaust, check all of the connections and make sure you have them tight. Cracked headers would also do it. Did it run differently before you put on the exhaust? If not, it’s likely something that’s was missed during the install... I had a level 3 and it was very loud, you’ll get the F1 sound above 4.5k rpms, have you had it up that far since installing?

Aj360 likes this.
  3. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    hey Man everything seemed ok my only suspicion was the headers may have a crack it sounds ok i heard a another one today with a level 3 it sounded lots more deeper and louder than mine .. more together I will try post a video up.. the video will be with test pipes to

4. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj