GPF on 2020 Portofino? | FerrariChat

GPF on 2020 Portofino?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Superfans, Jun 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Superfans

Superfans Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Superfans
    Does anyone know if GPF will be fitted to the 2020 Portofino?

2. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    Gpf?whats

Inviato dal mio LYA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The F8 and 812 both will have the GPF on 2020 model year cars so more than likely the Portofino will suffer the same fate to!

4. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
  5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Yes, all Ferrari production (worldwide) from MY2020 forward will include GPF fitment to the exhaust system.

Also, all Ferrari production worldwide from MY2020 will include Automatic Emergency Braking and variously some models will include (and some already do) blind spot monitoring/alerting, radar controlled cruise control, front camera and depending on country (sorry, do not have a list) the HELE system will always be "on" and no ability to disable.

Doug23 and vraa like this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    sounds painful...is this another reason to be less interested in current cars?

of2worlds and vraa like this.
  7. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    YES. (add it to the growing list of reasons)

8. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    lol I'll keep my Naturally Aspirated V8...last of it's breed for sure.

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

It is a massive technical failure for Ferrari to saddle all markets with the EU mandated GPF feature. Especially considering the vast amounts of money Ferrari rakes in from sales outside the EU. I don't doubt some sales will be lost outside the EU but other buyers there simply won't care one way or the other.

Patricia2020 likes this.
  10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Yes, why should ROW be required to pay the price for current state of idiocracy in the EU.

of2worlds and Patricia2020 like this.
  11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No way to turn off HELE? ☹️
    T

12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  13. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    With HELE, if you lift off the brakes just before your car rolls to a full stop, HELE will not activate. Once the car slows to a stop you can then reapply the brakes and HELE will stay off. You just have to learn to modulate your brakes more so than the average driver. It's like when you play with your brakes so your stops happen without any hint of bopping.

I actually like using my car with HELE ON and the HELE function actually results in a higher available engine torque. The HELE car also remembers how you drive and will make itself even more obnoxious (more abrupt, intense and faster responses) if your last drive was a bit obnoxious. You will find yourself more engaged with the car because it's more interactive.

deltona likes this.
  14. Superfans

Superfans Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Superfans
    all models worldwide? very bad news unless Ferrari has sorted the GPF to not interfere with the exhaust noise too much. Why can't turn off HELE? It is there but just if the driver doesn't like it in a certain situation, he can turn it off. In city, turning on and off the car in every two to three mins is quite annoying. Hopefully, Ferrari is not going to blindly follow the rules but with some sort of solutions to deal with them so that those requirements won't affect its cars/brand image.

15. fordgt2006

fordgt2006 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Glad I have a 2019 Portofino.

16. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    The MY20 Personalization Programme issued in May 2019 includes a HELE option which includes the "Possibility to deactivate Stop&Start system".