2019 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 44 | FerrariChat

2019 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

Poor Horse

2. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    nice

3. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Finally, a car for Ian.

[Autosport] The Ferrari that Michael Schumacher drove on the way to winning the 2002 F1 championship will be auctioned at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, with proceeds going to the Schumacher family's Keep Fighting, Never Give Up Foundation.

chassis #219

[​IMG]

5. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Now that is one of the very few things that makes me wish I had a huge pile of cash... hope they get squillions and it goes to someone who'll keep it in public sight.

6. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    You can bid on it, but if the No.1 Ferrari Bidder wants to go first, you've got to follow team orders

7. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    WOFTAM

It's not eligible for any race series, you can only run it as part of the Ferrari F1 Clienti thing, which is full of blokes pretending to be F1 drivers wearing red from top to toe. How the mechanics must laugh at them behind their backs.

My ultimate race car is a Ferrari 312T, which I could run independently of Ferrari, as Guido does with his 156/85.

12 cylinders, beautiful looks and very fast, what's not to love?

8. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The price.

9. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
  10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  11. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    More chance than you Flipper.

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Didn't go to school? Zero is zero.

13. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    How many?

14. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Yeah, buy your own Horse!

15. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
  16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

Rosey likes this.
  17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    LE CASTELLET, France -- Daniel Ricciardo feels invigorated by his recent performances for Renault, something he thinks is mirrored in the atmosphere at the team.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    French GP schedule for ESPN TV
    Ricciardo turned in his best weekend of the season so far at the Canadian Grand Prix, qualifying fourth and finishing fifth at the circuit he claimed his maiden F1 victory at in 2014.

One standout feature of Ricciardo's race was an entertaining fight with Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas. Ricciardo turned in some stern defensive moves to keep the quicker silver car at bay for several laps, something Bottas admitted afterwards had been hard but fair racing.

Much was made of Ricciardo's move down the grid from Red Bull to Renault for this season and Ricciardo admitted his attitude to that battle was influenced by that.

Asked if the duel with Bottas felt a bit like making a statement to critics of that switch, Ricciardo said: "Yeah, I think there was more.

"I was running fourth at the time, so I wanted to fight as hard as I could to keep that. I knew the odds were against me. It just felt too easy to let him go, and maybe it would have been better for my tyres and my race in the end...

"I was like 'let's put up a fight'. I knew I was clearly the underdog in that battle. He was on fresher tyres, in a faster car. I was like -- let's test myself here and try and keep him back as long as I could. That was a little personal challenge for me as well. I also thought that everyone expected us to drop behind the faster cars in the race, so I thought well if I can maybe give the team of something to get excited for again, then why not?

"I did it a few laps, and actually then that increased the kind of fight in me. I thought if I've done it for three, four laps now, maybe I could do it for another 40 or something! It was nice to race one of those cars that's won races this year. Part of me as well was reiteration for me that I belong there, and I wanted to show the team that the car can run there.

"There was certainly some aggression behind the visor for those few laps. Happy aggression."

Daniel Ricciardo feels like Renault is starting to believe big results are possible on a regular basis. Eric Alonso/MB Media/Getty Images
    The Australian driver hopes it gave Renault a timely boost at a key point in the season, its home race at the French Grand Prix this weekend.

"It was important, for sure. think it had slowly been coming, like we'd started to put a string of Q3s together. I think we were slowly releasing that weight.

"It did two good things: obviously it gave everyone a bit of a lift. But it also I feel ignited a pretty nice fire. The team had their first taste of a pretty big result in a while, especially the qualifying, nearly getting interviewed after qualifying [in the top three]
    "I think even just getting a sniff of that was good to see. Obviously the competitor in me obviously wants that, and that's always there. Seeing it within the engineers, the mechanics and everyone, everyone just had a buzz about them. It was nice."

Ricciardo said he was not panicked during the opening two months of the season, which saw Renault suffer with reliability issues and record just two top-ten finishes in the opening five races.

"I remained fairly relaxed through it all. I knew that I still had a lot for myself to get out of it. I guess I in a way focused continuously on myself, that my speed would come and the team, I guess I knew it would kind of grow naturally over time.

"It's certainly flourished quite a bit the last few races. It's nice now, it's really nice. I'm getting used to it, but the car's improving, and the whole dynamic is transforming. Like all those things, it's going to be, to get really inside the top five every weekend, that's then that other step. We've made the first step there at least which is not bad after seven races I guess."

18. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  20. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    But most people have you on ignore so not a repost.

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Good point

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  23. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    You can never be too cautious with $2M

24. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Daily wage for Ian

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    How fake did Lewis look just then shaking the hand of each member of his team in the garage. Spew!!!!!