F430 programing new key | FerrariChat

F430 programing new key

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Thomas Ruland, Jun 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thomas Ruland

Thomas Ruland Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ruland
    I recently purchased a second key with a new security code card from Ferrari for my 2006 F430 and I am trying to find a competent mechanic that has SD3 and correct software for programming the new and old key. Unfortunately I have no confidence in the local dealer and central FL really has no Ferrari support when it comes to maintenance issues. I am located near Cocoa Beach FL. Thanks for any suggestions. Tom Ruland 321 432-8369

2. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I have no first hand experience with check with Bruce Anderson at Marinello Autosport in Eustis (http://www.maranelloautosports.com/but I have heard that he is really good. Also you may want to reach out to.Speedworks in osteen.
    http://www.speedworksfrs.com/web/
    Hopefully folks with more knowledge in this area will reply soon.
    Walt in Cape Canaveral

3. Thomas Ruland

Thomas Ruland Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ruland
    Thanks Walt, for your input. I have left numerous emails and phone messages with Bruce, and have received no replies. (not impressed) I do not know if Bill has the SD3 and correct software for this task, I will check in to it. I would prefer to find someone to come to my house to do the programming, but again they must know what they are doing. Regards, Tom Ruland.

4. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    That sort of non-responsiveness doesn't sound like Bruce at all. He's never failed to get back to me promptly and is, far and away, the best independent auto mechanic I've ever known.

APA#1 and WaltP like this.
  5. Thomas Ruland

Thomas Ruland Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ruland
    Hi Ken, I see that you live close to Bruce and are probably good friends as well. I did not fabricate this experience with him. All I am trying to do is get the keys programmed. I am sure that if it was a big $$ job I would have heard back by now.. This is my fourth Ferrari 308, 328, 360 and the 430 and I truly enjoy the cars. I have used Tim Stanford and Stuart down south in the past, they are absolutely the best ! It is what it is. Thanks for your input Cheers, Tom Ruland

6. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hey Tom,

I hope you didn't think that I was implying any sort of fabrication on your part. If anything, I was concerned that Bruce was in some way unwell.

Though he and I are certainly friends now, our relationship began before I bought my F430 with a simple phone call. He spent over an hour advising a complete stranger who had yet to spend a dollar with him. He eventually addressed my PPI list of 'to-do' items (which Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale assessed at just over $27K) for just under ⅓ that cost even while utilizing OEM components.

He's since become involved with our FCA chapter (of which I'm currently VP) and is, in general, a trustworthy and friendly guy. Speculating that a big money job would have resulted in a callback is both untrue and unhelpful.

Maybe give Tim a call and see if he can program the key for you.

7. Thomas Ruland

Thomas Ruland Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ruland
    Unfortunately Tim primarily works on the older cars like my older 308, 328 and of course the Vintage models. I do not think he is equipped with the computer and software the 360 and newer models require. To program the keys is less than an hour of time if the mechanic knows what he is doing. It does not make sense to transport a car for that small of a job to any shop. The second key is primarily for backup purposes. Neither you or I can speculate on why he didn't return any of my calls or emails. I sensed that you and he are buddies, but right is right and wrong is wrong, When you speak to him please give him my regards.
    Cheers, Tom Ruland

8. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
    Ferrari 360-430 ecu immobilizer repair in hallandale fl
    Give them a call they will fix your issue not to expensive and can eliminate the immobilizer all together.954-652-1496

Sent from my SM-A600T1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Thomas Ruland

Thomas Ruland Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ruland
    Thanks for the contact, I really appreciate it. Have a Great Weekend, Tom Ruland

10. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow. Entitled much?

Get over your bad self. Bruce is top notch. As are the crew at Ferrari of Central Florida, where Bruce used to run the shop and worked on my my car before he opened his own place.

You know where to go and what needs to be done. Put your big boy panties on and just go do it.

APA#1 and RyanFoH like this.