Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by VHlambo580, Nov 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Divila

Divila Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dimitry
    I ordered in March 2018 (Expo Brussels) and im still waiting for my RP. I have a delay for more than 6 months
    Last week i received my first picture in the production line.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tommygun64 likes this.
  2. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    How do get the pictures from the production line?
    Mine RP is in stage 90 and still have not seen a picture from the factory. Do I have to sign up for something?

3. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    You have to register with Ferrari online to get the pictures. Your dealer can help with this if you have not done so. The pictures tend to lag actual production by several weeks.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  6. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    tommygun64 likes this.
  7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  8. JBlack002

JBlack002 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Mooresville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    tommygun64, Russ123 and Gcsdave like this.
  9. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    God those wheels are cheap and plain looking for a car of this caliber...

10. peppe siciliano

peppe siciliano Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Peppe
    Mine is now 4 months over and still no definate dates, Im thinking of cancelling as I don't want the car late October early November as I won't use till March next year.
    Any one had similar experience

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure I follow your train of thought.
    If you cancel the order now and then reorder, you will probably not see the car until the same time next year. Are you located where there are heaps of snow? The Port is a GT, so unless there's a lot of snow, why not use it? At any rate, you could also just keep it in storage until March, then you're sure to get your car ready for spring.

12. peppe siciliano

peppe siciliano Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Peppe
    If I cancell Il buy a used Ferrari, not a lot of snow but wind and rain, but I won't use it until march, the problem is the warranty will kick in the minute I take it irrespective if I drive it or not.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Divila

Divila Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dimitry
    After 18 months waiting mine is arrived. I ordered 18/3/2018 in Belgium en they delivered the car 17 august 2019.
    The color is amazing :) .

14. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    lol, taste is a personal thing. :)
    Hopefully I will have a similar photo to post soon.
    On the other hand, whenever I see a supercar on black wheels all I can think is:
    :)

15. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I think that those are the best-looking wheels of the ones that Ferrari offers. But they don't compare to the Fikse Profil 5 wheels that are going on my Portofino.

16. XDINO

XDINO Karting

Feb 20, 2008
    Chicago / Naples
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I ordered a custom offset set of FM/5’s from Doug and Jim Fikse back in 1993. Very high quality wheels. Did not know they were still in business.

17. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    They are in British Colombia now. The Portofino wheels will be my fourth set of Fiske wheels.

XDINO likes this.
  18. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    #244 tommygun64, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    It is 6 months now since I posted my personal experience with trying to order this color and eventually having to change my mind.
    Since then it seems that this thread has gone dead.
    I am very curious, hasn't anyone else anything to share on this topic?
    Anyone else that had ordered that color and stayed with it, or changed his mind? (I mean, ordred in 2019, not old orders from 2017 or 2018)
    Did anyone else try to order Rosso Portofino in the meantime?
    Can anyone else confirm my experience of Ferrari anti-selling the color? ( they claimed that both the price and the waiting time had doubled, so I changed the color in my order)
    Or has anyone else asked about the color price and got told that it has actually not changed?

19. Krog

Krog Rookie

Apr 3, 2013
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Krog
    Ordered my Portofino in August 2018 where Rosso Portofino was not classed as a problematic colour. Was urged to change to e.g. Rosso Corsa multiple times, but stuck with it. Nothing happened until a few weeks ago where it suddenly accelerated from status 20 to 85 in appx a week. It is ready for delivery in the coming week at the dealership, and I am very happy I waited. Another bonus is that I got the ADAS pack, the AIRS neck warmer, the RSFV ventilated seats and the SMRT smartphone connection which were not available on earlier models.

The colour really stands out and the price stayed static at EUR 7.400 tax free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    Great! Congrats.

When you say "orderded in August 2018" you mean the 1st deposit, or the 2nd deposit with the final configuration?

I made the 1st deposit in (end)Sept 2018, the final configuration (with Rosso Corsa) and 2nd deposit on June 2019 (I got too those that you mentioned :) ) and the car came to the dealership on 15 Oct 2019.

21. Krog

Krog Rookie

Apr 3, 2013
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Krog
    1st deposit in August 2018 when I did the initial configuration, final configuration confirmed in September 2019 and delivery end November 2019. We usually only do one deposit and final payment close to delivery here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommygun64 likes this.
  22. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    ΟK, great!

I am curious to see what has happened with new clients, trying to order in 2019 and especially the 2nd half of the year.

23. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I saw a rosso portofino 812 in person and fell in love with that color. I specd my 812 this past June with rosso portofino and placed a deposit on the 20th. A week later when the factory punched the ticket/accepted the order my guy called me and said that my car would be a MY 2020 spring build and that r. portofino would delay it 6 months. He thought the delay was just the factory discouraging ordering that color. After all the bru ha ha surrounding the difficulties with that paint it I decided to go with r. mugello (after all, where there's smoke....). Anyway, I had second thoughts and on October 5 I asked about paint and the car was already on the line. Shame, it is a beautiful color in person. But ultimately I decided to go old school.

tommygun64 likes this.
  24. willy wombat

willy wombat Rookie

Jan 20, 2012
    Sussex
    Ordered and spec'd RP Portofino November 2018 for a May 2019 delivery (UK). Was advised in January 2019 that RP would delay car six months but that I could still have a May 19 delivery if I changed colour. I stuck with RP and car eventually arrived at dealer two weeks ago. It is gorgeous and ready to be delivered to me 1st January 2020. Having seen the car, I'm glad I waited.

of2worlds, tommygun64 and JBlack002 like this.