100k mile 348 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

100k mile 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by AuthenticRebuilds, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    If it's that one posted above I'd steer clear, it looks like a basket case, but in general? No.I wouldn't balk at higher mileage. These cars like to be driven. They actually run better when you do so regularly. If someone has actually driven and maintained the car I'd be more comfortable owning and driving it myself than I would a 2k mile 'museum piece' that'slikely leaking from every seal from sitting for its entire life.

2. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    pff... drive it dented and peeling.

Make it mechanically perfect, and drive it ratty. That's what you do with a car like that...then turbo it.

sjd

Jasonberkeley, allandwf and ghardt like this.
  5. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    steved033 likes this.
  6. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Sure, the car is what it is, pay the right price and do what you will. But how do you know what the right price is when this dealer consistently glazes over major defects and faults in all their cars?

7. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Looking at other pictures that may just be a trick of the light I was seeing. But there’s definitely another patch of peeling clear coat on the thin filler panel above the front bumper.

8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    The right price is the price the buyer is willing to pay.

sjd

9. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    A respray will be the least of the costs on this one I suspect.

10. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    You’re completely missing the point but whatever. How does a buyer who is buying a car online know what they should be willing to pay if the seller withholds very important information. I’m all for “buyer beware” but come on, if a car doesn’t even run that’s something you mention in your eBay advertisement unless you’re just trying to prey on suckers.

11. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'll give u a right price!!!!!!!
    15-18k given the amount of work needed just by looking at the pics. Other guarantees or warranties by the seller may increase this price; such as records etc. Low 30s you'll find something better than this.
    A blind person with tons of funds may pay 50 for it, doesn't mean it's worth 50, or does it?? But then again what would he/she do with it?

348steve likes this.
  12. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Did someone get it? it's not on the site today.

sjd

13. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    I brought it up on my messages, it wouldnt show up in my bids/offers or watch list at most items still do after being sold but after looking up messages it says it was ended due to it no longer being available. I was withholding some info I found out in case i was to buy it but not that wont happen for sure.
    I had gotten info on the shop it was seen at which it was the car. I called the shop where the owner informed me he had owned the car after buying it from the PO for a medical reason which I know but out of respect I wont post. He told me that yes the car was rough but did run and he had put 4 miles on it driving around the block. I dont think anybody noticed that the miles went up from the BAT photos to the recent car club photos. He told me they had cleaned the fuel tank and installed new pumps and filters but he highly suspected the fuel injectors werent spraying properly and needed to be replaced. So i said all i need is a 30k service and he abruptly stopped me and told me no the engine out was done 4 years ago and it also got a new clutch at that time. The owner at that time wasnt driving it due to his health. He also told me he really didnt even want to buy the car but he did to help out his customer/friend at the time. I thanked him for his time and proceeded to email Adam at the car club that id like to proceed. A couple days before my original post to this thread I had offered 25.5 and gotten an email back saying thankyou for your offer if youd like to proceed send your drivers license photo and well get your contract sent to you. Well when I got my contract it was for the 29950 auction price. I was a little ticked and this is twice ive had a dealer say we have a deal only to come down to payment and its higher. I had one guy/dealer accept a figure then when it came time for payment stoped responding to me all together. If i was a bigger fan of black I might have sprung the extra money but even with the info there was still alot of mystery that could be expensive with that car. It might have been worth 30k to somebody but not to me and the added cost of shipping across the continent dont help either.
    If anybody here is the new owner I hope the engine issues are solved with something as simple as fresh fuel and new sparkplugs which when properly sourced are cheaper than ive paid for a set on a 4 banger car before. Im sure others would love to hear the progress as the car is given a new life, it would be great for a youtube channel! Id subscribe!!
    Hopefully something will come up within driving distance where I can see it in person, and to be honest a car like this I feel a ppi is only worth so much being there will deffinatly be surprises as you peel back the layers. It needs somebody very good with all aspects, if it was to be put in a shop for everything that bill would be as horrific as one can imagine.

Nader and steved033 like this.