For Sale - 1996 F355 rebuilt status | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1996 F355 rebuilt status

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by RCKSTR, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    a couple months ago i looked into buying a 348 that was probably the cleanest one ive considered, even down to the luggage. On ebay the car report was totally clean but when checked on carfax it had structural damage about 10 years ago, which could or couldnt have been to bad depending on the repair. it also only had around 20k miles and it eventually sold for 41k. Also branded cars can get washed going though california for some reason but im unsure if it comes back branded when it goes to another state. Ive bought a few salvage cars from auction and rebuilt them here in SC and havnt ever had any problem insuring them or registering them.

2. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This particular vehicle was a movie car if the history shows los Angeles ca. IF!!!!!!!!!!
    It wasn't hit once but several times and the rear pumpkin should have minor damage on the lower edge (cracked.). Sold to a local mechanic who later sold it someone else from whom it was purchased and moved to Canada. IF!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those who want to fly under the radar and not claim salvage in their description, call it clear title: clear title means that you own the car outright with no lien holders. Clean and clear means it's not salvaged and You own it outright. All this was damaged but clean means one thing, salvaged. Some states call it for what it is some don't
    You either buy a no stories car clean and clear title or you buy a stories car and presume it salvage and value it as is.

eyeman1234 and Canuck550 like this.
  3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    The CarFax will show the history anyway.

Not sure why some are getting upset with the way he's presented it. The car was a rebuild title in the US, and for some reason was classified as a clean title when it came into Canada. I've imported many cars into BC myself and am not sure why the title status changed personally. That does not mean its history has been "cleaned". The seller states that right in the ad. You run a CarFax on that car and it will tell you the rebuilt status anyway.

4. usshelena725

usshelena725 Karting

Nov 22, 2014
    Johnson City, TN
    I feel like I need a bath after reading this whole thread. Jeez.

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.
  5. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    This is a sentence unfortunately. I did a ton of research on titles that are totaled, reconstructed etc. It all means the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

usshelena725 likes this.
  6. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The clip you posted clearly says "rebuilt title". Why are you haranguing the seller? :cool:

I can understand your frustration, but that does not entitle you to attack another user.

7. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Jesus you people really have no clue how in the hell rebuilding cars works. Best educate yourself on the states and country rules.

A car gets a salvage title that's rebuild-able, it gets fixed passes the state inspection and is given a new clean title. Its not WASHED its not a scam its not illegal and its not wrong.

If you chose to not buy these cars fine but attacking this guy where he clearly states it was rebuilt is ridiculous.

Insurance company's total Ferrari's out because of PARTS COSTS, They don't have Ferrari parts from the Chinese, Taiwan part suppliers like they do for your Chevy, Ford, Honda ect since there is no need for such Aftermarket garbage because they are cheap bastards.

Also if you think your insurance company uses genuine parts for accident damage you're a sucker.

Dont think its because it So damaged its a hazard. If that's the case and a car is not repairable they get a certificate of destruction or a non rebuildable title.

your state or country has its own rules on this. Educate yourself instead of running your mouth.

tatry68 likes this.
  8. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Phrogs, I am usually with you on most subjects, but what you said is inaccurate.

I bought a 1996 cadillac Fleetwood years ago in WA state. It had a "clear title'. After registering the car, I was contacted by the FBI. They wanted the sellers information and how I came to meet him (was a friend of a friend).
    They arrested him for washing the title. It was a salvaged car he has taken the title to Oregon and had someone he paid off at the DMV "clear" the title.

Any branded title is just that, permanently branded. There are loopholes out there and the method you speak of I have never heard of. I am a bit curious to what state you speak of that has a law like that, so I can avoid it..

Anyway sorry to the seller, sorry for the derail. GLWS

Canuck550 likes this.
  9. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

It's not loopholes if done legally.
    I may have forgoten to say the title in michigan says it had a salvahe title previously.

some states may leave that nughet off when a car goes from state to state which becomes the washing if you will. But not here in Michigan.

https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585_1587_1588-76394--,00.html

10. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan